HomeServe USA Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2014

2.7

INbound Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HomeServe USA.

Friendly interview. Very informative. They did a good job of explaining what they do and why they do it. We were able to walk through the call center to see where we would be working.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. The pay is the same for everyone. Bonuses are based on performance.
    And, they don't tell you that they keep your bonus if you leave. Several took it to the Labor Board to be payed and won. It's a shame you have to take it to that point.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at HomeServe USA.

Mass interview was completed in a job fair environment. Three interviews performed on the same day, which did save time. However, the interviews appeared redundant. Information given during the interview process was not consistent with actual job experience.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question involved a specific incident with terms & conditions and how one would respond, but no background information given and not a clear understanding of the company philosophy.   Answer Question
    There was no opportunity to negotiate, although I did try for higher compensation based on my experience.

Repair Management Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HomeServe USA in July 2012.

Only had 1 interview, hires thru temp services and direct, looking for sales, customer service

$12 dollars an hour and $1500 bonus quarterly

Inbound Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HomeServe USA in May 2012.

Very realistic job preview.
    Got to sit and listen to actual calls and see what I would be doing.
    Interviewed with 3 different people.
    Defiantly knew what was expected before I was hired.

None, salary is set

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pinebrook, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pinebrook, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at HomeServe USA in March 2012.

Interview with CFO ...wuestions about job funcation and how would you handle different adverse situations as it relate to accounting principals. What is the controls needed in cash and accounts paybale function. GAP principals dictate what control are in accounts payable and the cash applicaiton process. If you found any discrepancies...what is the process you would take to reconcile and who would you talk to in order to resolve the issue.

Interview Questions
    • Procurement what is the function and controls   View Answer

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at HomeServe USA in August 2009.

Interview process wasn't bad - but recruiter (who has since left) was terrible. Played phone tag for 2 weeks because she wouldn't ever schedule a time and would just call at 9pm. Original "quick chat before phone interview" was the actual 2 hour phone interview. Took 2 weeks to get a written offer from date of formal offer - it finally came at 5pm on the Friday before labor day weekend. Made me do drug test before even giving me, or me accepting the formal offer. From resume submission to actual signing of the offer was 6 weeks.

Have heard new people are better - but not by much.

Interview Questions
    • The recruiter in the phone interview kept asking how I deal with people who have a different opinion from mine and how I get them to see my side and agree with me. Every answer I gave she would come back and ask "what if that doesn't work?" She did this about 3 times.   Answer Question
    Negotiations weren't that bad. One piece of advice is to make sure everything they agree to is in writing. IE - I was told the position was bonus eligible (up to 10%) and ended up not being when I started. The initial offer also had a different (lower) title that what I originall applied for - so just watch the details.

Customer Service Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HomeServe USA in November 2010.

applied online, got a call from main office in florida, scheduled for interview 3 weeks later, interviewed at a hotel in chattanooga, did not get a call back for a month, was offered job , was told that they had decided to hire more people.....(but i think it was because some of the initial hires did not show up)......did not get the call til training had already started.....had to drop everything and get a drug test that very day.....started classes two days after they began.