Homeward Residential

Updated Dec 4, 2014

2.4

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Homeward Residential in January 2013.

I was referred by internal employee; the interview was thorough, albeit the easiest interview I had ever experienced.
    However, Homeward Residential was acquired by Ocwen, so my experience may no longer be applicable.

Interview Questions
    • Provide a difficult situation experienced at work, and how you resolved it?   Answer Question
    Their initial offer was generous, there was no need to negotiate.

Mortgage Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Homeward Residential in December 2012.

This place basically spat on my resume, and treated me as if I was some college student looking for their first gig right out of college. Mind you, I have 8 years experience in this industry, with my most recent 5 yrs in Loan Origination and Mortgage Servicing Management, and they call me about some Customer Service job. Finally, after I lay into the fantastic recruiter about the substance of my resume, they then call me back about a position I'm more qualified for. After messing around with him, trying to schedule an interview time with a Director (who apparently had no power to make any decisions), they asked me to interview for two other (lesser positions), using the guise that I had potential. Mind you, I've been promoted twice at every company I've worked for an I have a strong manage background... But I have potential. To top everything off, they wanted me to prove my mortgage worthiness by performing some mortgage magic show for an audience of 50 people. Well, isn't that the point of a panel interview? Not to mention the fact I had to do four interviews for the joke of an operation.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing... Absolutely nothing. This place is a total joke. They drag you through this Ringley Brothers two ring circus act for no reason. I think that they're just stunned that any sensible person would ever apply there.   View Answer

The offers were total insults to the body of work on my resume. The offers were all low ball, and you'd be better off being unemployed for you have any type of true mortgage experience.

Senior Foreclosure Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Homeward Residential in February 2012.

This company has been purchased by a company that is terminating all positions in Jacksonville, FL

Interview Questions
    $50,000.00 annually plus year end bonus.

Customer Care II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Homeward Residential in December 2011.

The interviewers were really nice, they made me feel as if I could relax and not be nervous, they allowed me to be myself and did not intentionally ask too many confusing questions. They were very positive and took my responses to certain things into consideration that I am human

Interview Questions
    I didnt have to negotiate, I informed them of what I would be comnfortable making and they gave me 3.00 more than I expected.

Client Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Homeward Residential in March 2010.

I was referred by a friend and received an interview with an HR screener that did not know much about the position. She asked me questions regarding what my background was in. How much knowledge I had of the mortgage industry. She then asked me to rate my familiarity with Microsoft office software on a scale of one to 10. She wanted to know what my salary requirements are. I asked what the range of the job was and she told me she could not give that information but the range I stated was higher than what they wanted to pay. She asked if the range included bonus and other compensation. I was told I would get a call from the hiring manager but did not get a call back.

Litigation Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Homeward Residential in January 2010.

1:1 Interview; team interview; drug test; background check. Very professional and positive. Laid back but demanding in content.

Interview Questions
    • What is your level of experience in this industry.   View Answer
    • How are you with high volume and a stressful environment?   View Answer
    I compared past salary and market to what was offered and was given market.

Loss Mitigation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Homeward Residential in October 2009.

The interview went quickly. Met with two Managers. They were both very pleasant and excited about opening a new location in Jacksonville, FL. benefits and wages were discussed in 2nd interview. The testing took the longest. I was called about one week after testing.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Homeward Residential in May 2009.

Established in April 2008, AHMSI services residential mortgage loans, including traditional, Alt-A, interest only and subprime and is one of the country's largest servicers of sub-prime and Alt-A loans. The company is headquartered in Irving, Texas, and operates as well through locations in Irvine, Calif., Jacksonville, Fla., and Pune, India. As of October 30, 2008, it managed a portfolio of more than $85 billion. Standard interview process. Phone interview followed by a one on one interview with the hiring manager. Company in high-gear hiring to adjust to business growth. People working long hours and lots of insecurity due to bankruptcy process and new acquisition by W. L. Ross & Co.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the mortgage servicing industry?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Homeward Residential in May 2008.

Interview was intense. Lots of specific questions and scenario questions. You can't go in blind. You have to prepare well and know what you are applying for and be good at what you do. Some competition in the workplace. Some very intelligent people and sOme people you wonder why and how they got a jOb.

Interview Questions
    Not much room to negotiate. But offer was fair

Project Manager Interview

The interview process was easy but it took a while to actually set up interviews and complete the new hire paperwork. Questions were based around what i knew about project management work and the different types. What if scenario questions is a must for this position so expect there to be some.