Honda Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2014
Updated Sep 8, 2014

2.9

Sales Consultant Interview

interviewed at Honda in August 2014.

Got an interview through a friend who worked there. Pretty much, wear a shirt and tie and dress clean and smile a lot. If you can convince the manager that your friendly enough for someone to buy a car from you, you got the job. Speaking a second language helps a lot. Must be well spoken and nice. Must be willing to learn. Must like cars or at least be willing to talk/learn about them all day every day.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Honda.

I had an phone interview that went well. Nothing too difficult, mostly behavioral questions. I then had two more phone interviews before they ended up deciding not to move on to an in person interview. There were very few technical questions. Mostly things like explaining the laws of thermodynamics. It was an ok experience .

Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Honda.

The total process took 2 months days (5 rounds of interview) :
    1) Initial telephonic interview by HR executive (Screening)
    2) Written test (Quantitative objective type)
    3) Oral test (Language proficiency)
    4) Oral test again (Language proficiency)
    5) HR Interview, Technical Interview (both General CV based), Final face-off interview (General) and Language proficiency (again)

All the rounds are elimination rounds.

Interview Questions
    Not much possibility of negotiation

Design Engineer Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Honda.

I submitted my resume on their website. It may have been at least a month before I received an email to set up a phone screening. The phone screening were just simple questions like, "are you willing to work overtime? Weekends? Travel? Etc..." A few weeks later I got a call to schedule an on-sight interview. I met with the department manager and the recruiter. Asked me about my previous experiences and projects I've worked on. At the end I was asked to make a 3-view sketch of an object they placed on the table. After the interview the recruiter gave me a tour of the design floor. The total process took no more than 3 hours.

Service Clerk Interview

first there was a phone interview, which was followed by a personal interview and then a tour of the facility

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Honda.

Multiple levels of interviews. Initial is with potential immediate supervisor, then manager and possibly next level management.

Interview Questions
    • What policy do you not agree with but follow in your current workplace?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Car Salesman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Honda in October 2010.

Mostly you just have to know how to sell. If you don't just talk a big game. Most dealerships will give you a shot even with no car experience. Remember you have to pass a drug test, get a sales license, and have an almost clean driving record. They want to hear that you have at least sold something in your life

Interview Questions
    • Sell me this pen? Be prepared for that in any interview.   Answer Question
    No negotiating involved. Very stuctured pay scale

Technical Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Honda.

I got an email, asking me to express ship a CD to them two days before a holiday. Then they lost the CD. Then they finally got it. I was then made to fill out mounds of paperwork and scheduled for a hurried 6am second phone interview (I am 3 hours behind) that went well but was oddly run. They then wanted me to fly across the country in the middle of a work week one week before another holiday. I had to miss two days from my current job to accommodate this and assumed I had the position, as they told me to look for housing after I met with them. I got there and it was like the other two interviews never happened; alot of the same questions and making me regurgitate answers on my work. I left this third interview somewhat taken back by their process and annoyed that I had to travel 6000 miles total in less than 24 hours.

Two entire months later, after I had to follow up three times they said I didn't get it, but it was between me and one other person. Why drag out the process three months? Why make me potentially lose my current job to fly me out in the middle of the week if you weren't certain about me? Overall they seem disorganized, disrespectful to your situation and unprofessional for not following up at all. In the end I was actually glad I did not get it with the way they handled themselves.

Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greensburg, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensburg, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Honda in October 2011.

Usual interview questions. Not very creative.

Sales Person Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Katy, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Honda in November 2011.

Had a one on one interview with all of the sales managers, one at a time. It was really easy, and laid back. 4 or 5 men came and talked to me, asked me questions, and told me about the job.

Interview Questions

It was only commission, and I had another offer for base plus commission.

Worked for Honda? Contribute to the Community!