Honda

16 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Honda.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume on their website. It may have been at least a month before I received an email to set up a phone screening. The phone screening were just simple questions like, "are you willing to work overtime? Weekends? Travel? Etc..." A few weeks later I got a call to schedule an on-sight interview. I met with the department manager and the recruiter. Asked me about my previous experiences and projects I've worked on. At the end I was asked to make a 3-view sketch of an object they placed on the table. After the interview the recruiter gave me a tour of the design floor. The total process took no more than 3 hours.

Interview Question – Describe your previous project   Answer Question

Service Clerk Interview

Service Clerk

Interviewed at Honda

Interview Details – first there was a phone interview, which was followed by a personal interview and then a tour of the facility

Interview Question – where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Honda.

Interview Details – Multiple levels of interviews. Initial is with potential immediate supervisor, then manager and possibly next level management.

Interview Question – What policy do you not agree with but follow in your current workplace?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Car Salesman Interview

Car Salesman
Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Honda in October 2010.

Interview Details – Mostly you just have to know how to sell. If you don't just talk a big game. Most dealerships will give you a shot even with no car experience. Remember you have to pass a drug test, get a sales license, and have an almost clean driving record. They want to hear that you have at least sold something in your life

Interview Question – Sell me this pen? Be prepared for that in any interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating involved. Very stuctured pay scale

Technical Specialist Interview

Technical Specialist

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Honda.

Interview Details – I got an email, asking me to express ship a CD to them two days before a holiday. Then they lost the CD. Then they finally got it. I was then made to fill out mounds of paperwork and scheduled for a hurried 6am second phone interview (I am 3 hours behind) that went well but was oddly run. They then wanted me to fly across the country in the middle of a work week one week before another holiday. I had to miss two days from my current job to accommodate this and assumed I had the position, as they told me to look for housing after I met with them. I got there and it was like the other two interviews never happened; alot of the same questions and making me regurgitate answers on my work. I left this third interview somewhat taken back by their process and annoyed that I had to travel 6000 miles total in less than 24 hours.

Two entire months later, after I had to follow up three times they said I didn't get it, but it was between me and one other person. Why drag out the process three months? Why make me potentially lose my current job to fly me out in the middle of the week if you weren't certain about me? Overall they seem disorganized, disrespectful to your situation and unprofessional for not following up at all. In the end I was actually glad I did not get it with the way they handled themselves.

Quality Interview

Quality
Greensburg, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Honda in October 2011.

Interview Details – Usual interview questions. Not very creative.

Interview Question – What's your background?   View Answer

Sales Person Interview

Sales Person
Katy, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Honda in November 2011.

Interview Details – Had a one on one interview with all of the sales managers, one at a time. It was really easy, and laid back. 4 or 5 men came and talked to me, asked me questions, and told me about the job.

Interview Question – Why do you want to sell cars?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – It was only commission, and I had another offer for base plus commission.

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Raymond, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Honda in June 2008.

Interview Details – The interview was very laid back. We went over my resume and talked through all of my extracurriculars and research. Also we talked about my experiences working on cars. Despite the uptight look of the uniforms everyone is friendly and relaxed.

Interview Question – How would you describe your attention to detail?   Answer Question

Flight Control Engineer Interview

Flight Control Engineer
Greensboro, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at Honda in February 2009.

Interview Details – Interview was quite casual. Didn't get asked anything technical. Mostly on details on current projects at work and past experiences.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your current employer?   Answer Question

Purchase Executive Interview

Purchase Executive
Greater Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Honda in December 2011.

Interview Details – The total process took 7 days (5 rounds of interview) :
1) Initial telephonic interview by HR executive (Screening)
2) Written test (Quantitative objective type)
3) HR Interview (General CV based)
4) Technical Interview (Related to the opening)
5) FInal face-off interview (General)
All the rounds are elimination rounds.

Negotiation Details – Not much possibility of negotiation for freshers

Worked for Honda? Contribute to the Community!