Honda R & D Americas

Updated Dec 8, 2014
Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.7

Design Coop Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Honda R & D Americas.

Hiring process for me was very rushed, however a questionnaire is given before the interview to be completed with most of the difficult questions so you can anticipate the areas/types of questions they will be asking.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations were made.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Honda R & D Americas in September 2014.

This was conducted through an intermediary temp agency that found my resume online somewhere. They were not very good at communicating and as a result, the process drug out needlessly and some lines were crossed. I was told that I was the only candidate this agency had put forward that Honda was at all interested in. It would be easier if Honda posted jobs on their own site and recruited directly.

There were two phone screens (very long, but not too hard) and a panel onsite. No part of the process was challenging and the team was very nice and seemed quite interested. No feedback was given in the end, so I have no idea why an offer did not come through.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Honda R & D Americas in August 2014.

I applied for the job back in June and was called twice shortly after submitting my application, one for an initial screen and then for a phone interview with a panel of engineers. Two months later, they called and wanted to schedule an on-site interview within the next two days. They quickly flew me up to Ohio and I had a one hour interview with four senior staff engineers. It felt very brief, but they were very courteous. Three weeks later I have still not heard back from them.

Interview Questions
    • Please give us a time where you had to research/ask the customer questions in order to understand how to do your job better. I have not had much experience fresh out of college so this was a difficult question.   View Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Honda R & D Americas.

The process to 2 months. Interviewed at Honda in June , 17 . The interview was easy . I got a call from HR person to schedule a site interview. I flew to to Ohio after a week . the people were very nice .

Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Honda R & D Americas in April 2014.

I met them at a career fair and after talking to one of the HR Managers, he advised me to apply online so that they could begin the hiring process. Within two days of applying for Honda online I received an email that they were interested but first I had to do a pre-screening. I had to fill out two documents which talked about my background, my work history and why I am interested in Honda. Within a few more days they asked to interview me after I had filled out an official paper application and gave them he right to do a background check on me.

Two weeks later we had a video interview with the HR rep and the Engineering Manager. The interview was very basic and they really wanted to know about your technical background and how you work on a team.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to work on multiple projects at once.   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Honda R & D Americas.

i was contacted by a contract house for a position a this company. After agreeing on all details of our contract they submitted my resume. About 3 or 4 weeks later i had a phone interview. A month later they made me an offer (through the contract house of course)

Interview Questions
    • Simple short interview maybe due to my experience. We just talked about my experience.   View Answer

Engineering Technician Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Honda R & D Americas.

I was a contract employee and interviewed for a full time position. I alredy knew the interviewers and what questions they would ask. It was fairly quick and they already knew what they were getting. The interviewers were already my manager within my department.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask about data acquisition experience and technology   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Honda R & D Americas.

It was not stressful. I worked through an agency

No negotiation. I knew from the start what i was going to be offered

Materials Engineer Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raymond, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raymond, OH

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Honda R & D Americas in May 2013.

Received a request to answer 18 questions concerning availability and interests. Then was offered an on-site interview the Ohio location. Very casual interview with a human resource person and two engineers. Received a quick tour of the building.

Interview Questions
    • Very straightforward interview based off of my resume (classes, labs, skills, past job experiences). Very little behavioral style questions and more of "why do you want to work here".   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Honda R & D Americas.

50 person group interview. Started with tour and then career fair type feel - each hiring department had a booth set up. Following day were interviews and benefit session

Interview Questions
    • What car do you drive and what would you change about it   Answer Question