Honda R & D Americas Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 3, 2014
29 interviews

2.7

Applications Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Honda R & D Americas.

The process to 2 months. Interviewed at Honda in June , 17 . The interview was easy . I got a call from HR person to schedule a site interview. I flew to to Ohio after a week . the people were very nice .

Internship Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Honda R & D Americas in April 2014.

I met them at a career fair and after talking to one of the HR Managers, he advised me to apply online so that they could begin the hiring process. Within two days of applying for Honda online I received an email that they were interested but first I had to do a pre-screening. I had to fill out two documents which talked about my background, my work history and why I am interested in Honda. Within a few more days they asked to interview me after I had filled out an official paper application and gave them he right to do a background check on me.

Two weeks later we had a video interview with the HR rep and the Engineering Manager. The interview was very basic and they really wanted to know about your technical background and how you work on a team.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to work on multiple projects at once.   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Honda R & D Americas.

i was contacted by a contract house for a position a this company. After agreeing on all details of our contract they submitted my resume. About 3 or 4 weeks later i had a phone interview. A month later they made me an offer (through the contract house of course)

Interview Questions
    • Simple short interview maybe due to my experience. We just talked about my experience.   View Answer

Engineering Technician Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Honda R & D Americas.

I was a contract employee and interviewed for a full time position. I alredy knew the interviewers and what questions they would ask. It was fairly quick and they already knew what they were getting. The interviewers were already my manager within my department.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask about data acquisition experience and technology   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Honda R & D Americas in September 2012.

Asked about school background, professional experience, etc; gave more in depth information on what to expect on the job, know a little bit about the Honda brand and its history (helpful to connect with the employer)

Interview Questions
    • How does your school or any work experience relate to the various projects going on within the department? If so, explain.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Honda R & D Americas.

It was not stressful. I worked through an agency

No negotiation. I knew from the start what i was going to be offered

Project Manager Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a year or more - interviewed at Honda R & D Americas in February 2013.

Casual, Member of HR and Manager of department were present. Only one interview before selection.

Interview Questions
    • The manager asked about crisis management, specifically asked how I would handle a test loss in my current position.   View Answer

Materials Engineer Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raymond, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raymond, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Honda R & D Americas in May 2013.

Received a request to answer 18 questions concerning availability and interests. Then was offered an on-site interview the Ohio location. Very casual interview with a human resource person and two engineers. Received a quick tour of the building.

Interview Questions
    • Very straightforward interview based off of my resume (classes, labs, skills, past job experiences). Very little behavioral style questions and more of "why do you want to work here".   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Raymond, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Raymond, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Honda R & D Americas in February 2012.

Initial questionaire via email then flown to Ohio for an interview with HR and a couple engineer managers. The interview was very thorough in terms of educational background and key resume points. Much discussion was based on technical design thinking ability and past work experience. In addition, company culture was discussed and a facility tour was conducted.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us more about the technical design process for ____ on your resume.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Honda R & D Americas.

50 person group interview. Started with tour and then career fair type feel - each hiring department had a booth set up. Following day were interviews and benefit session

Interview Questions
    • What car do you drive and what would you change about it   Answer Question

Worked for Honda R & D Americas? Contribute to the Community!