Honda of America Mfg.

29 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Industrial Engineer Intern Interview

Marysville, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Honda of America Mfg. in December 2012.

Interview Details – I was already a previous intern for Honda in the EGA department, near the end of my term HR asked me about my desired placement for another term. Therefore, I was scheduled to interview for an Industrial Engineer position with HMA and had one 1:1 interview with the manager over the department. He mainly asked me questions about my recent experience, and what I expect to gain in this upcoming experience. He was very kind and explained the job position in great detail as well as recommending a book to read to further understand the processes they do!

Interview Question – Explain a time where you had to implement a continuous improvement processes or when you had to go back and improve something more than once.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my start date, as this was only for an intern position

Training Interview

Marysville, OH

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Honda of America Mfg..

Interview Details – Met with a panel of 3 people. It was hard to understand some of them, as they were Japanese.

Interview Question – When the American asked me if I understood the Japanese after I had acted like I did.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Buyer Interview

Buyer
Raymond, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Honda of America Mfg. in August 2013.

Interview Details – Phone pre-screen call, then face to face interview with 2 Honda managers. Generally get offer within a week after that or they won't follow up with you.

Interview Question – No surprise questions, lots of work experience questions and most relating to STAR scenarios.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Took initial offer, in hindsight should've negotiated more.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Marysville, OH

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Honda of America Mfg. in December 2012.

Interview Details – Good Interview

Interview Question – How long it took me to drive there   Answer Question

Production Associate Interview

Production Associate

Interviewed at Honda of America Mfg.

Interview Details – I haven't had one in a long time. The people doing the hiring have a really BAD reputation though! Just be honest and let the cards fall where they may.

Interview Question – How many days off do you need in a year?   Answer Question

Engineering Co-op Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Honda of America Mfg..

Interview Details – applied online and heard back within a month with a prescreen document. a week after handing in the document i got a call to schedule for an interview with an HR consultant. a week after that i interviewed with two associates from the department that they thought best fit me. both interviews were pretty straightforward and all interviewers were very polite and easy to keep a converstation with.

Interview Question – all questions were pretty straightforward. ie: most difficult task you had to complete and the difficulties you faced on the way.   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Engineering Co-Op
East Liberty, OH

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Honda of America Mfg. in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and underwent a two stage interview process entirely over the phone spanning a few weeks. First interview was with an HR representative who asked generic questions and typed every word that I said. Second interview was with my future mentor and supervisor with great conversation over each of my responses.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you received insufficient information to complete a task.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Raymond, OH

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Honda of America Mfg. in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applies through job wesite and I got a mail from Honda R&D to fill 21 questions abt salry expecations, visa status, no of years exp etc....after four months HR called and arranged interview face to face (I didn't add any phone interview), the interview took around 80 mins. Interview took by Manager and two techlead along with HR. They asked abt my previous exp detail and some general behavioral questions like
1. y do u like automotive domain
2. what are the process followed and tools used
3. Exp with previous clients
4. Interview was not too harsh and it was good....

After the interview the HR told me that they will inform after 2 weeks....so waiting......

Interview Question – They ask abt "do we have any exp with complete process starting development to deliver (production)   View Answer

Electrical Engineer Internship Interview

Interviewed at Honda of America Mfg.

Interview Details – I was contacted by phone and I was given a phone interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision. or something like that.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Honda of America Mfg..

Interview Details – Asked to fill out a questionnaire for pre-screening. Had an interview over the phone, and was told that there would be a second interview with a panel of engineers. Never got the second call. Emailed HR after a few weeks, and then was later emailed saying i didn;t get the job.

Interview Question – Tell of a time where you faced adversity.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Honda of America Mfg.

Worked for Honda of America Mfg.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Honda of America Mfg. interview questions and advice. All 29 interview reviews posted anonymously by Honda of America Mfg. employees and interview candidates.