Honda of America Mfg.

Relevance Date Difficulty

Inspection Test Engineer Interview

Inspection Test Engineer
Marysville, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Honda of America Mfg. in June 2014.

Interview Details – I was asked to come in for On site interview. I was flown to Columbus, OH and drove to Marysville. The entire interview questions were behavior type questions. I was told I will get feedback within 2 to 3 weeks. I called the hiring manager the third week and he told me he is going to let the HR provide me with the feedback. The HR never contacted me after now a month and I have a feeling they are moving to another direction.

Interview Question – explain why you are the best candidate   Answer Question

Account Representative Interview

Account Representative

Interviewed at Honda of America Mfg.

Interview Details – Standard interview process with behavioral based questions, template series of questions, not too bad. One round of interview with manager of the role and then one round with HQ locations.

Interview Question – Standard questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – One round

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Honda of America Mfg. in March 2014.

Interview Details – I talked with a couple of guys at UC's career fair. They were nice guys and invited me to interview on campus the following day. The interview questions were your typical STAR questions and we very straight forward.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Just come prepared.   Answer Question

HRIS Analyst/Administrator Interview

HRIS Analyst/Administrator
Marysville, OH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Honda of America Mfg. in May 2014.

Interview Details – Pros:
-Very kind and sincere interviewers, they did communicate back to me via email (rare for recruiters)and I really appreciated the communication.

Cons:
-Very unorganized scheduling and lack of communication between coworkers. The in person interview was scheduled three weeks out and cancelled at 8AM the morning of the interview that was to occur at noon (4 hour notice). They said it was purely a scheduling conflict.
-The prescreening interview was scheduled three days before the in person interview. Prescreening interview was rescheduled once, and occured the day before the in person interview was scheduled. A week later I followed up to be told they would not be going forward with the position.
-Their talent management system has not been updated: they have very old positions listed as well as the position they said they would not be moving forward with.

Conclusion: From the outside it seems they're going through a transition or growing pains because there were so many scheduling conflicts. I did appreciate being kept in the loop with communication but there are some administrative kinks that need worked out in their HR department.

Interview Question – Phone interview was very standard.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineerineer Interview

Mechanical Engineerineer
East Liberty, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Honda of America Mfg. in March 2013.

Interview Details – Started with a phone screen with an in person interview following. I was notified quickly that I had received an offer. The process was straight forward with very few curve ball questions. In person interview consisted of plant tour. If you are doing any kind of engineering I would recommend wearing steel toe shoes to the interview to look prepared.

Interview Question – There were no questions which were out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Product Quality Engineer Interview

Product Quality Engineer
Marysville, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Honda of America Mfg. in March 2014.

Interview Details – Initial communications took a long time. Everyone I spoke with was very friendly; they accommodated my schedule very well, and took care to inform me of the status of the plant the day before my interview (there was very bad weather that day that caused some businesses to shut down). They provided a bottle of water for the interview, which is something I can't believe more companies don't do; I appreciated that a lot. There were five people in my interview, which was both unnecessary and intimidating. Took a very long time (one month) to get back with me after the interview; I was told to expect two weeks.

Interview Question – There was a question about describing a time where you took advice or a suggestion from a customer and applied it to a project or program.   View Answer

Industrial Engineer Intern Interview

Industrial Engineer Intern
Marysville, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Honda of America Mfg. in December 2012.

Interview Details – I was already a previous intern for Honda in the EGA department, near the end of my term HR asked me about my desired placement for another term. Therefore, I was scheduled to interview for an Industrial Engineer position with HMA and had one 1:1 interview with the manager over the department. He mainly asked me questions about my recent experience, and what I expect to gain in this upcoming experience. He was very kind and explained the job position in great detail as well as recommending a book to read to further understand the processes they do!

Interview Question – Explain a time where you had to implement a continuous improvement processes or when you had to go back and improve something more than once.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my start date, as this was only for an intern position

Training Interview

Training
Marysville, OH

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Honda of America Mfg..

Interview Details – Met with a panel of 3 people. It was hard to understand some of them, as they were Japanese.

Interview Question – When the American asked me if I understood the Japanese after I had acted like I did.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Buyer Interview

Buyer
Raymond, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Honda of America Mfg. in August 2013.

Interview Details – Phone pre-screen call, then face to face interview with 2 Honda managers. Generally get offer within a week after that or they won't follow up with you.

Interview Question – No surprise questions, lots of work experience questions and most relating to STAR scenarios.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Took initial offer, in hindsight should've negotiated more.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Marysville, OH

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Honda of America Mfg. in December 2012.

Interview Details – Good Interview

Interview Question – How long it took me to drive there   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Honda of America Mfg.

Worked for Honda of America Mfg.? Contribute to the Community!