Honda of America Mfg.

Updated Aug 29, 2014
Updated Aug 29, 2014

2.8

Assembly Associate Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Honda of America Mfg..

The process is not long once your in you are good to go jut have all of your paper work ready

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to stay for long periods of time and can you work weekends   Answer Question

Auto Quality Co-op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Honda of America Mfg..

A phone interview then in-person interview. Very easy process. The phone interview was mostly a company overview then some behavioral questions. 2nd interview was only behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral. Pretty much just checking to make sure you have no prejudices.   Answer Question

Human Resources Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Honda of America Mfg..

There is one interview for the HR intern positions. You will be interviewed by a HR manager or manager located in one of the plants.

Interview Questions
    • How would you influence an individual on a team with different goals and values?   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Honda of America Mfg..

applied online and heard back within a month with a prescreen document. a week after handing in the document i got a call to schedule for an interview with an HR consultant. a week after that i interviewed with two associates from the department that they thought best fit me. both interviews were pretty straightforward and all interviewers were very polite and easy to keep a converstation with.

Interview Questions
    • all questions were pretty straightforward. ie: most difficult task you had to complete and the difficulties you faced on the way.   Answer Question

Production Associate Interview

I haven't had one in a long time. The people doing the hiring have a really BAD reputation though! Just be honest and let the cards fall where they may.

Electrical Engineer Internship Interview

I was contacted by phone and I was given a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision. or something like that.   Answer Question

Account Representative Interview

Standard interview process with behavioral based questions, template series of questions, not too bad. One round of interview with manager of the role and then one round with HQ locations.

One round

Equipment Service Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Honda of America Mfg..

Went through their hiring agency and then had the opportunity to interview onsite at the plant. Interview went well just did not have enough experience necessary to obtain the job.

Interview Questions
    • How did you satisfy a customer recently.   View Answer

Quality Engineer/Warranty Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Honda of America Mfg. in April 2014.

I have interviewed TWICE with honda, the first time I went through the whole process through a recruiter. Passed the phone interview, met all the requirements to attain the position and even went on site. Expenses all paid by Honda, the position was an entry level position with little to no real technical requirements. The interview was very basic, STAR questions from start to finish (creative huh?). I was almost positive that I was going to get the job until 2 weeks later my RECRUITER EMAILED me saying "I interviewed well but the other candidate was 'technically' stronger." I don't really know what they mean by that seeing as though the only anything relating to technical requirement was MS office, Excel?? I was not technically strong enough to attain a "powerpoint/excel engineering position". Nevertheless I tried again and go figure I get yet another call that Honda is interested in me and wanted to interview me again. I gave it a shot, 3.5 weeks later not a single email or call.. Is that really a way to treat your "talent" base? I suppose this is also reflected in the overall image of the company. Dead set and absolutely adamant on ideas that will give more profit and less and less innovation with each passing year. Old school company, outdated concepts, morals and values and hopelessly uninspiring in the current market. Honda is not what I thought it would be like in person and most definitely not even a fraction of what it once originally stood for. I think these seemingly negative experiences were ultimately for the best, thanks but no thanks Honda. I will take my interests and talents elsewhere, making powerpoints and Excel spreadsheets didn't exactly look like a very promising career path for me anyway.

HRIS Analyst/Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Honda of America Mfg. in May 2014.

Pros:
    -Very kind and sincere interviewers, they did communicate back to me via email (rare for recruiters)and I really appreciated the communication.

Cons:
    -Very unorganized scheduling and lack of communication between coworkers. The in person interview was scheduled three weeks out and cancelled at 8AM the morning of the interview that was to occur at noon (4 hour notice). They said it was purely a scheduling conflict.
    -The prescreening interview was scheduled three days before the in person interview. Prescreening interview was rescheduled once, and occured the day before the in person interview was scheduled. A week later I followed up to be told they would not be going forward with the position.
    -Their talent management system has not been updated: they have very old positions listed as well as the position they said they would not be moving forward with.

Conclusion: From the outside it seems they're going through a transition or growing pains because there were so many scheduling conflicts. I did appreciate being kept in the loop with communication but there are some administrative kinks that need worked out in their HR department.