Honda of America Mfg.

Updated Aug 29, 2014
Updated Aug 29, 2014

2.8

Engineering Co-Op Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Honda of America Mfg..

applied online and heard back within a month with a prescreen document. a week after handing in the document i got a call to schedule for an interview with an HR consultant. a week after that i interviewed with two associates from the department that they thought best fit me. both interviews were pretty straightforward and all interviewers were very polite and easy to keep a converstation with.

Interview Questions
    • all questions were pretty straightforward. ie: most difficult task you had to complete and the difficulties you faced on the way.   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raymond, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Honda of America Mfg. in August 2013.

Phone pre-screen call, then face to face interview with 2 Honda managers. Generally get offer within a week after that or they won't follow up with you.

Interview Questions
    • No surprise questions, lots of work experience questions and most relating to STAR scenarios.   Answer Question
    Took initial offer, in hindsight should've negotiated more.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raymond, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Honda of America Mfg. in July 2013.

Applies through job wesite and I got a mail from Honda R&D to fill 21 questions abt salry expecations, visa status, no of years exp etc....after four months HR called and arranged interview face to face (I didn't add any phone interview), the interview took around 80 mins. Interview took by Manager and two techlead along with HR. They asked abt my previous exp detail and some general behavioral questions like
    1. y do u like automotive domain
    2. what are the process followed and tools used
    3. Exp with previous clients
    4. Interview was not too harsh and it was good....

After the interview the HR told me that they will inform after 2 weeks....so waiting......

Interview Questions
    • They ask abt "do we have any exp with complete process starting development to deliver (production)   View Answer

Electrical Engineer Internship Interview

I was contacted by phone and I was given a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision. or something like that.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Honda of America Mfg..

Asked to fill out a questionnaire for pre-screening. Had an interview over the phone, and was told that there would be a second interview with a panel of engineers. Never got the second call. Emailed HR after a few weeks, and then was later emailed saying i didn;t get the job.

Human Resources Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Honda of America Mfg..

There is one interview for the HR intern positions. You will be interviewed by a HR manager or manager located in one of the plants.

Interview Questions
    • How would you influence an individual on a team with different goals and values?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineerineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Liberty, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Honda of America Mfg. in March 2013.

Started with a phone screen with an in person interview following. I was notified quickly that I had received an offer. The process was straight forward with very few curve ball questions. In person interview consisted of plant tour. If you are doing any kind of engineering I would recommend wearing steel toe shoes to the interview to look prepared.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions which were out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Equipment Service Interview

Submit Resume' or post to website
    Undergo initial phone interview
    One group interview with several department reps + HR rep
    Second group interview

Interview Questions
    • Ask to diagnose PLC logic
      Identify components of hydraulic schematic
      Identify mechanical print symbols
        Answer Question
    No negotions

Auto Quality Co-op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Honda of America Mfg..

A phone interview then in-person interview. Very easy process. The phone interview was mostly a company overview then some behavioral questions. 2nd interview was only behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral. Pretty much just checking to make sure you have no prejudices.   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Liberty, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Honda of America Mfg. in February 2013.

Applied online and underwent a two stage interview process entirely over the phone spanning a few weeks. First interview was with an HR representative who asked generic questions and typed every word that I said. Second interview was with my future mentor and supervisor with great conversation over each of my responses.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you received insufficient information to complete a task.   Answer Question