Honda of America Mfg. Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2015

2.8

Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Honda of America Mfg. (Marysville, OH).

Interview

Met with a panel of 3 people. It was hard to understand some of them, as they were Japanese.

Interview Questions

• When the American asked me if I understood the Japanese after I had acted like I did.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Honda of America Mfg. in March 2014.

Interview

I talked with a couple of guys at UC's career fair. They were nice guys and invited me to interview on campus the following day. The interview questions were your typical STAR questions and we very straight forward.

Product Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marysville, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Honda of America Mfg. (Marysville, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

Initial communications took a long time. Everyone I spoke with was very friendly; they accommodated my schedule very well, and took care to inform me of the status of the plant the day before my interview (there was very bad weather that day that caused some businesses to shut down). They provided a bottle of water for the interview, which is something I can't believe more companies don't do; I appreciated that a lot. There were five people in my interview, which was both unnecessary and intimidating. Took a very long time (one month) to get back with me after the interview; I was told to expect two weeks.

Interview Questions

• There was a question about describing a time where you took advice or a suggestion from a customer and applied it to a project or program.   1 Answer

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sweet Home, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Honda of America Mfg. (Sweet Home, OR) in January 2014.

Interview

process was simple two people in interview, going over experience and work ethic. wanting to know technical ability, learning curve, dedication and how you work in a team environment. Then they decide to make you an offer or you may be passed along to other managers to attempt the same thing.

Interview Questions

Interview

I haven't had one in a long time. The people doing the hiring have a really BAD reputation though! Just be honest and let the cards fall where they may.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Honda of America Mfg..

Interview

applied online and heard back within a month with a prescreen document. a week after handing in the document i got a call to schedule for an interview with an HR consultant. a week after that i interviewed with two associates from the department that they thought best fit me. both interviews were pretty straightforward and all interviewers were very polite and easy to keep a converstation with.

Interview Questions

• all questions were pretty straightforward. ie: most difficult task you had to complete and the difficulties you faced on the way.   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raymond, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Honda of America Mfg. (Raymond, OH) in August 2013.

Interview

Phone pre-screen call, then face to face interview with 2 Honda managers. Generally get offer within a week after that or they won't follow up with you.

Interview Questions

• No surprise questions, lots of work experience questions and most relating to STAR scenarios.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Took initial offer, in hindsight should've negotiated more.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raymond, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Honda of America Mfg. (Raymond, OH) in July 2013.

Interview

Applies through job wesite and I got a mail from Honda R&D to fill 21 questions abt salry expecations, visa status, no of years exp etc....after four months HR called and arranged interview face to face (I didn't add any phone interview), the interview took around 80 mins. Interview took by Manager and two techlead along with HR. They asked abt my previous exp detail and some general behavioral questions like 1. y do u like automotive domain 2. what are the process followed and tools used 3. Exp with previous clients 4. Interview was not too harsh and it was good.... After the interview the HR told me that they will inform after 2 weeks....so waiting......

Interview Questions

• They ask abt "do we have any exp with complete process starting development to deliver (production)   1 Answer

Interview

I was contacted by phone and I was given a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision. or something like that.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Honda of America Mfg..

Interview

Asked to fill out a questionnaire for pre-screening. Had an interview over the phone, and was told that there would be a second interview with a panel of engineers. Never got the second call. Emailed HR after a few weeks, and then was later emailed saying i didn;t get the job.