Honeywell

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online – interviewed at Honeywell.

Hiring was very easy

I accepted without negotiating

Other Interview Reviews for Honeywell

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Honeywell in March 2011.

I applied for an entry-level accounting and finance rotational program on a college job board. I was granted an interview that was conducted with two people on campus. I was called back for a second interview at the office that consisted of a one-on-one interview as well as second interview with two interviewers. About a week later I received both a phone call and an official offer letter and was given ten days to respond.

Interview Questions
    • At what types of companies are you applying for work and why?   View Answer
    I was currently enrolled in graduate school and negotiated my start date and they were very accommodating. For this new graduate rotational program, I would advise against negotiating salary because it is a standard starting salary for all new hires in the program.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Honeywell in March 2010.

Initial communication was friendly. interviewed with 3 Managers, Supervisors and controllers, besides tests for background, urine, IQ, personality, credit ck and drivers record. Bonuses are non existent to Salaried paid Accountants and Analysts, not to mention lower level employees. Better pay and iincentives are desparately needed to motivate and keep talent. Merit raises are almost non existent for positions under mgmt levels, and outcome always seems to be "AVG" year after year, no matter how hard you work, or the long hours you put in. When hired, the implied message was that there is much room to move up the corporate ladder, but in reality you are stuck in the position you were hired in, and are rarely allowed to advance upward or receive bonuses and incentives along with upper manangement, even with advanced education. The CEO and upper eschelons of the company make exponentially more in comparison to the average Professional salaried worker.

Interview Questions
    Honeywell did not keep their negotiated side of the deal.

Accountant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Honeywell in July 2009.

Upon arranging the face to face interview, I actually did a search on the company's profile to find out on the range of products and services rendered. This helped me to identify if the company's accounting will be more service based or product based. And I would prepare questions for the interview based on some of the findings from the profile.

Interview Questions
    • What would you think would be a possible solutions to ensure your current position is within the budget limit?   Answer Question