Honeywell Applications Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

3 interviews

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Applications Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Honeywell.

I was contacted directly by the Director of Engineering as a "cold call" because someone internally gave him my name and experience. I told him I wasn't looking for another job, but I'd be a fool not to at least look into it. I was quickly scheduled for and interview with a peer engineer, Engineering Manager and Director of Engineering. After 4 hours of interviewing I met with HR. HR offered me a position that same day. I crunched the numbers regarding what I would be giving up in benefits and what I would be gaining and shared a "break even" salary number with HR along with a list of other items for consideration. I was still obligated for some dollars under my current employer's plan, and I had reached 4 weeks of vacation tenure at my current employer. Honeywell responded by meeting my salary "break-even" point, giving me 4 weeks of vacation as my baseline to start and a 10k bonus. I accepted the offer. They performed a routing background check and drug test. I worked with the hiring manager to start 2 weeks from the offer acceptance so I could give my current employer the option of maintaining my employment to transfer current projects. I started 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
  • Deep dive on a complex project I had led with follow on questions regarding specific situations in the project where I made critical decisions.   Answer Question
We negotiated in 48 hours. HR has the ability to flex the system. Don't be afraid to challenge the vacation policy. If they want you, they care little about a few extra dollars or days vacation.

Other Interview Reviews for Honeywell

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Honeywell in July 2011.

We have been able to accomplish this through an unrelenting commitment to quality and efficiency. We aim that with Continuous process improvement and lean principle are standard operating procedures which have yielded impressive value and benefits to our customers throughout.

Interview Questions
    • How to Control Power Generation Through PLC .   View Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Honeywell in August 2011.

Simple and direct programming questions only.

Interview Questions

Worked for Honeywell? Contribute to the Community!