Honeywell

Average Difficulty
39 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Honeywell in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was interviewed at the SWE National Conference in 2013. The interviewer was very professional and seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say. I had no trouble feeling comfortable around her at all. For anyone interested in interviewing with Honeywell, something you may not know is that (this is what the interviewer told me) around 40% of their business is actually chemical manufacturing, not just control technologies.

Interview Question – Describe a time in which you have had conflict in either the workplace or in an academic group, and how you resolved that issue.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Honeywell

Interview Details – Some algorithm solving - linked list , binary tree etc etc

Interview Question – Not really now that I think   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Stanford, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Honeywell in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was called to schedule an on campus (Stanford) interview following a campus-wide career fair in the fall of 2013. The interview was conducted by two members of the Honeywell recruiting team: a younger human resources individual and an senior engineer. Honeywell seems to be in a transitional period, and the people who work there appear to be skilled, intelligent workers.

Interview Question – "Why should Honeywell hire you?" I find this a somewhat difficult question as, at this point in my academic career and with the many skills I have accrued over the years, there are many good answers to this question. Formulating a concise answer to this question before the interview is important.   Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview Details – All interviews are panel interviews. Response time is very slow - often taking over a month to respond. Many posted positions are place-holders only, with there being no intent or real effort to fill the position. This is because layoffs occur so often that managers have learned to have phantom positions that can be cut to "reduce headcount" in times of force reductions. Positions are frequently withdrawn or cancelled up to a year after being posted - then an identical position is posted days later.

Interview Question – How do you deal with ambiguity?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations are virtually impossible.

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Honeywell in May 2011.

Interview Details – Panel interview - set generic questions + questions on skills related to job. Since security clearance was required, I was required to take a drug test at a local facility. I've worked clearance jobs for years & never had to do this. The experience was humiliating. Tons of on-line paperwork to do with a separate company (Hire Right?) - many things put on the Honeywell application were repeated on the Hire Right Paperwork. I was called by Hire Right personnel (out of India?) & questioned on dates of my military retirement, college degree, my past pay amount. I felt as if I was being incriminated.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult situation you had with a supervisor/manager & describe how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Interviewed for 2 jobs - Job switched after interviews to higher paying position (level 3 vs. level 2). Once offer was received, very little negotiation was allowed. Requested 1 week leave without pay for a planned vacation & that was granted.

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Honeywell in April 2010.

Interview Details – I had the interview while attending an engineering convention. The interview consisted of questions asking which was more important: family, money, career, health, etc. There were as a one on one interview as well as a group interview. I was called for a followup interview but I had already taken a position at another company.

Interview Question – What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Kansas City, MO

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Honeywell in January 2010.

Interview Details – Easy, 5 behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiating.

Torrance, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Honeywell in March 2007.

Interview Details – Weekend interview event called Fantastic Friday. The first night included a company presentation by managers to invited interviewees. Touched on some of the work some of the interviewees did as interns. The second day was a tour of the plant with multiple interviews interspersed. Some interviewees reported being asked technical questions while I was only really asked about my interests and background. Not difficult, just being yourself.

Interview Question – What courses did you find most difficult in undgraduate studies?   View Answer

Interviewed at Honeywell

Interview Details – two Technical round one HR sometimes MR round will also be there. It will be simple people doesn't know much in detail things here so be relax two Technical round one HR sometimes MR round will also be there. It will be simple people doesn't know much in detail things here so be relax

Interview Question – nothing all are basics C,C++ etc   Answer Question

Pune (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview Details – 3 rounds of interview for Fresher, emphasizing on technical expertise. 2 for experienced + HR.
Interviewers are helpful, will not make you stressed. They respect Individual opinion.
Mostly focused on problem solving capabilities.

Interview Question – Interview process will check the in-depth knowledge. Nothing Unexpected.   Answer Question

Worked for Honeywell? Contribute to the Community!