Honeywell Engineering Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2015

3.1

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Had a phone interview and interviewer was friendly and made the interview seem not so intimidating. Very easy and general questions. Phone interview was very short, around 11 minutes. They said they would get back to me within a week, but it's been over two weeks and I have not heard anything from them.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Honeywell

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Applied through my University. On Campus interview. Pretty laid back, two interviewers. The interview took place on campus and lasted only about half an hour. Questions were initially about my resume and then went into technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Question about six sigma and fixing pilot's landing patterns.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

Some algorithm solving - linked list , binary tree etc etc

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Honeywell (Stanford, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I was called to schedule an on campus (Stanford) interview following a campus-wide career fair in the fall of 2013. The interview was conducted by two members of the Honeywell recruiting team: a younger human resources individual and an senior engineer. Honeywell seems to be in a transitional period, and the people who work there appear to be skilled, intelligent workers.

Interview Questions

• "Why should Honeywell hire you?" I find this a somewhat difficult question as, at this point in my academic career and with the many skills I have accrued over the years, there are many good answers to this question. Formulating a concise answer to this question before the interview is important.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Honeywell (Baltimore, MD) in October 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed at the SWE National Conference in 2013. The interviewer was very professional and seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say. I had no trouble feeling comfortable around her at all. For anyone interested in interviewing with Honeywell, something you may not know is that (this is what the interviewer told me) around 40% of their business is actually chemical manufacturing, not just control technologies.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you have had conflict in either the workplace or in an academic group, and how you resolved that issue.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

All interviews are panel interviews. Response time is very slow - often taking over a month to respond. Many posted positions are place-holders only, with there being no intent or real effort to fill the position. This is because layoffs occur so often that managers have learned to have phantom positions that can be cut to "reduce headcount" in times of force reductions. Positions are frequently withdrawn or cancelled up to a year after being posted - then an identical position is posted days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiations are virtually impossible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Honeywell (Northford, CT) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview process was standard. Since it was an interview for an internship, I was asked questions about my hands-on experience at school as well as having an extracurricular experience related to the position. The project was then explained and the skills needed to be successful in the project was explained. The last questions were easy as they asked me if I'm able to commute and if I'm interested in the job. At the end they showed me around the lab and facility.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about what type of projects was I involved in and what occurred in the projects.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Honeywell (Colorado Springs, CO) in May 2011.

Interview

Panel interview - set generic questions + questions on skills related to job. Since security clearance was required, I was required to take a drug test at a local facility. I've worked clearance jobs for years & never had to do this. The experience was humiliating. Tons of on-line paperwork to do with a separate company (Hire Right?) - many things put on the Honeywell application were repeated on the Hire Right Paperwork. I was called by Hire Right personnel (out of India?) & questioned on dates of my military retirement, college degree, my past pay amount. I felt as if I was being incriminated.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you had with a supervisor/manager & describe how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Interviewed for 2 jobs - Job switched after interviews to higher paying position (level 3 vs. level 2). Once offer was received, very little negotiation was allowed. Requested 1 week leave without pay for a planned vacation & that was granted.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Honeywell (Houston, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

I had the interview while attending an engineering convention. The interview consisted of questions asking which was more important: family, money, career, health, etc. There were as a one on one interview as well as a group interview. I was called for a followup interview but I had already taken a position at another company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Honeywell (Kansas City, MO) in January 2010.

Interview

Easy, 5 behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating.