Honeywell

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Northford, CT

The process took a day - interviewed at Honeywell in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed over the phone then scheduled for 1:1 interviews a few days later.
I sent follow-up e-mails, received no response for about 2 months. Then, I receive a call asking me to come in for a follow-up interview.
I respectfully declined. Clear contradiction between communication noted in the interview process and the high marks for organizational communication presented to me during interviews.

Interview Question – What makes the successful organization differ from the unsuccessful?   View Answer

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Honeywell in February 2010.

Interview Details – Email communication, followed by a call and scheduled date and time, Structured. No waiting time and all rounds of interview completed on the same day. Interviews by immediate supervisor, Operations manager and the business head.

Interview Question – It was very general and into the topic   Answer Question

Financial Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Honeywell in October 2012.

Interview Details – Detailed interview on with each team member of the FP&A team (3 rounds). Questions were more behavioral than anything and you should stress that you are a team player even if you love to brag about personal achievement. My advice is that every success you had should be publicised in a smart way as team oriented and failure should be taken on oneself as a learning experience.
If you are at the stage of interviews with teammembers, it means you have already pass the phone interview (two of them) with one HR checking how coherent you sound and your next manager, checking your expectations and motivations for the job.
Some technical points will be asked but remember unless you aim for treasury that most FPA jobs require a steady knowledge of Excel more than Financial theory (I had a background on option pricing = useless), the difficulty of such jobs comes from the politcal elements due to the large size of the company. You will not be able to do much on your own, and the fact that you are the smartest guy in the room might as well alienate the entire floor against you.

Interview Question – How to reduce working capital.   View Answer

Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Honeywell in March 2012.

Interview Details – The phone interview was easy. I didn't get it because I'm an international student.

Interview Question – Location preference; work experience; education   Answer Question

Worked for Honeywell? Contribute to the Community!