Honeywell Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.9

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

There was an on campus interview and an on-site interview. The on campus interview is pretty easy with a technical accounting question. The on-site interview has two parts. You'll get behavioral and technical accounting or finance questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the journal entry when purchasing materials?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Honeywell

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell in April 2015.

Interview

Started with a handful of phone interviews, first with Human Resources and then with the hiring manager. Then had a face-to-face with several people on site. Casual environment, generally pretty friendly. The one manager didn't bother to sugar-coat the position, stating that it would require a lot of extra hours, which is why I eventually turned down the offer.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you worked with a collaborative team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Northford, CT

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Honeywell (Northford, CT) in January 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed over the phone then scheduled for 1:1 interviews a few days later. I sent follow-up e-mails, received no response for about 2 months. Then, I receive a call asking me to come in for a follow-up interview. I respectfully declined. Clear contradiction between communication noted in the interview process and the high marks for organizational communication presented to me during interviews.

Interview Questions

• What makes the successful organization differ from the unsuccessful?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Total 8 rounds - manager,sr manager,domain team lead,domain manager,director,business partner,cfo hr.lot many rounds asking you the same predictable questions.long drawn affair went for almost 2 months till the offer was released

Interview Questions

Negotiation

more than expected compensation

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell in October 2012.

Interview

Detailed interview on with each team member of the FP&A team (3 rounds). Questions were more behavioral than anything and you should stress that you are a team player even if you love to brag about personal achievement. My advice is that every success you had should be publicised in a smart way as team oriented and failure should be taken on oneself as a learning experience. If you are at the stage of interviews with teammembers, it means you have already pass the phone interview (two of them) with one HR checking how coherent you sound and your next manager, checking your expectations and motivations for the job. Some technical points will be asked but remember unless you aim for treasury that most FPA jobs require a steady knowledge of Excel more than Financial theory (I had a background on option pricing = useless), the difficulty of such jobs comes from the politcal elements due to the large size of the company. You will not be able to do much on your own, and the fact that you are the smartest guy in the room might as well alienate the entire floor against you.

Interview Questions

• How to reduce working capital.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Honeywell in March 2012.

Interview

The phone interview was easy. I didn't get it because I'm an international student.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Bangalore (India)) in February 2010.

Interview

Email communication, followed by a call and scheduled date and time, Structured. No waiting time and all rounds of interview completed on the same day. Interviews by immediate supervisor, Operations manager and the business head.