Honeywell

Updated Sep 16, 2014

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Honeywell.

Applied for a permanent position, but it turned out to be a temp to hire position. Transition from temp to hire was very smooth.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were very common across the board, and nothing out of the ordinary. Interview was a panel interview and went very smooth. Very relaxed, and easy to communicate with the panel.   Answer Question

Intern Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Honeywell in May 2013.

I applied through college/university. They contacted me within two days to inform me that I had an interview. I met with two managers and that was the only part of the interview. They asked a wide range of questions from hobbies to how I would go about the design of a new system.

Interview Questions
    • Asking me how I would go about creating a new system from scratch. The question was very open ended.   Answer Question

Demand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Honeywell in November 2010.

Thorough process of skills interviewing; I had 4 one-on-ones with 4 senior team players. It is very important to present what your achievements have been before and your role and input to previous projects.

I like the company and people I work with. No regrets

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Honeywell in September 2010.

Panel interview for 1 hour with 4 people. Interview was fairly standard -- mainly asked about my previous experience as it related to the job opening. At then end of the interview they gave you a test on basic engineering skills -- such as cantilever beams and flow rate. They had three problems on paper and sat and watched you while you tried to solve them. They weren't overly difficult problems -- seemed like more of a pressure test to see how you did with 4 people staring at you while you tried to think.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Honeywell in March 2010.

Initial communication was friendly. interviewed with 3 Managers, Supervisors and controllers, besides tests for background, urine, IQ, personality, credit ck and drivers record. Bonuses are non existent to Salaried paid Accountants and Analysts, not to mention lower level employees. Better pay and iincentives are desparately needed to motivate and keep talent. Merit raises are almost non existent for positions under mgmt levels, and outcome always seems to be "AVG" year after year, no matter how hard you work, or the long hours you put in. When hired, the implied message was that there is much room to move up the corporate ladder, but in reality you are stuck in the position you were hired in, and are rarely allowed to advance upward or receive bonuses and incentives along with upper manangement, even with advanced education. The CEO and upper eschelons of the company make exponentially more in comparison to the average Professional salaried worker.

Interview Questions
    Honeywell did not keep their negotiated side of the deal.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Honeywell in August 2008.

Interview Process was with two large groups of 8 people each. Friendly, informative. HR hiring was recently outsourced and company providing this was not up to full speed on the benefits. Ended up getting short changed as they advised certain things that were not true in the end.

Interview Questions
    This was where it got muddy in regards to benefits. It's very difficult to compare companies on these points and the new outsourced hiring HR group did not know the information well enough, misleading