1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

HSE Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Honeywell in June 2011.

The interview process started when I recieved an email from the Honeywell HR group, which has been outsourced to India. They set up a time for me to meet with a panel of interviewers. Later I received a confirmation email from HR in the US, with additional information regarding the location of the interview. On the day of the interview I discovered that the directions given to me by HR were inaccurate. I ended up being a few minutes late for the interview because the address provided did not lead me to the correct part of the campus. I was sent to the wrong entry gate, so the security people at that gate had not been notified that I would be a visitor that day. It took a long time for them to figure out where to send me, and how to reach someone to sign me in.

Once I arrived for the interview, I was handed a piece of paper with 5 or 6 interview questions related to my background knowledge and was asked to answer them. After I answered all of the questions, one of the interviewers explained what types of activities take place in the various buildings on campus. The whole interview took about 15 minutes, and most of the people on the panel didn't talk to me at all. I did not get an opportunity to learn anything about the people in the group, and felt that the whole thing was so fast that they couldn't have learned much about me, either.

Interview Questions
  • What is an accomplishment from your previous job that you are most proud of?   Answer Question
I was not able to negotiate.

Worked for Honeywell? Contribute to the Community!