Honeywell

381 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Engineer II Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview Details – I was asked a lot about my previous work experiences. Then came the dreaded personality test that everyone does now. I do not agree with those, but the people interviewing were relaxed and easy to talk to. I was interviewed over the phone one-on-one, and then I had a panel interview with about 5 engineers and an HR person. I left the interview and when I got home an hour later, they called with an offer.

Interview Question – All of the personality test questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered a very low salary. I countered with a detailed reason why $5k more was reasonable based on my experience and the average salary for a similar position in this area. I do not think they even read it. They responded with the original offer. They conveniently failed to tell me that right after I would start, they were planning to take 10% of everyone's salaries for a full year.

Sales Operations Interview

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Honeywell in March 2014.

Interview Details – After multiple interviews, both phone and in-person, and a 7-week process, the company decided it didn't have the money to hire for this position. The people I spoke with were very nice, down to earth, interested in life beyond work ("will this job let you be the kind of mom you want to be?").

Interview Question – Nothing too hard -- "Do you have an example of a time when you had to present a sales solution without support from the top?"   Answer Question

Entry Level Thermodynamics Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Honeywell in February 2014.

Interview Details – Was notified via email that I was selected for an interview. Got a short call from a HR rep about scheduling the hour long phone interview. Then the week after I had the actual phone interview with an Engineer.

The interviewer was nice and started with a short introduction of the company and the position's responsibilities. Then she asked general questions such as "What has prepared me for this position?" I mentioned several school projects and extra curricular activities. There was a question on challenges I had faced. Also she asked about what kinds of leadership positions I had held either in projects or organizations. There were no technical questions.

The whole interview was over in only 30 minutes.

Interview Question – What was a challenging problem you faced in one of your projects and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Interviewed at Honeywell

Interview Details – interview with all mangers and sit with a credit analyst for 15-20 mins.

Interview Question – who was someone you did not get along with at your last job?   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview Details – Did an summer internship at Honeywell. After which I got 3 Technical interviews and 1 HR interview. Technical was hard and challenging and HR was basic stuffs about pay and previous company etc

Interview Question – Solve a problem using J2EE methodologies   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Colorado Springs, CO

I interviewed at Honeywell in August 2011.

Interview Details – Pre-interview communications were over the phone and email. The interview was with a small group of people. They each took turns speaking with me and took notes during the process. The tone was comfortable: business without feeling grilled.I received an offer via email within 2 days of the interview. During the interview, I asked questions to determine if the organization would be a good fit. Between the time of the interview and starting work, the organization had changed enough that the answer had changed.

Interview Question – There were no technical questions beyond listing my skills. The most unexpected question was if there was any reason to be denied a clearance.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Accounting Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview Details – Hiring was very easy

Interview Question – There was no difficult question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted without negotiating

Supply Chain Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview Details – Hiring process is very poor. don't really spend time to find the right person for the right job.

Interview Question – No specifc question to drill down your knowledge or try to narrow down the question for you to understand what they really want   Answer Question

Applications Engineer I Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Honeywell in February 2014.

Interview Details – Received an interview at a new graduate career fair, answered basic questions about resume and skills. Next I was given a follow up phone interview 3-4 months later. It was conducted by the hiring manager in which we reviewed my resume. I was then invited for an on site interview 1 week later. During this interview, which last all day, I met the entire team and managers and spoke about my role with some technical questions. About a month or so after this I received an offer. So please do not fret, it took me almost 6 months to receive an offer from my first interview. Sometimes HR takes awhile releasing funds so be patient.

Interview Question – Applications questions concerning working out of area of degree in electronics and how I will succeed.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I have heard bad and good things from new hires at honeywell who request more pay or accommodations. I thought the pay was higher than other offers and did not see the need.

Very Easy Interview

Computer Analyst Interview

Torrance, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Honeywell in October 2010.

Interview Details – A recruiter submitted my name for a mainframe position. Beyond the normal process, the hiring department called my current (at the time) employer to discuss my performance. It was well known that I was unhappy with my supervisor and wanted a change. It was also well known that I was a very good diplomat. I was hired for my computer expertise AND my diplomacy.

Negotiation Details – I was hired the next day. One year later, I referred a former associate from the same company; she was hired the day of her interview.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Honeywell

Worked for Honeywell? Contribute to the Community!

Honeywell Videos

Honeywell – Why Work for Us?

Honeywell's global customers, broad range of industries and innovative technologies combine to offer you dynamic career opportunities with tremendous growth potential in more than 100 countries worldwide. Your career… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Honeywell interview questions and advice. All 381 interview reviews posted anonymously by Honeywell employees and interview candidates.