Honeywell Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

Network Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Honeywell.

Screening by HR, phone interview with hiring manager, e-mail follow-up with hiring manager, in-person interview with hiring manager and another supervisor, phone and e-mail follow-up with hiring manager and HR. In person interview used canned set of technical questions asked of all candidates. Hiring manager was very accommodating as I had an out of town trip we had to schedule around.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all technical and pertained to the position. There weren't any questions that I would consider a surprise   Answer Question
    It was made clear that the offer was a fixed, take it or leave it, amount.

Program Planning and Control Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Honeywell.

I applied online and received a call from a recruiter a week later. I had my initial phone interview with the hiring manager the next day. Two days after my phone interview I received a call to have an in person interview with the Senior HR Manager, team members, and the hiring manager. The following week I met with these individuals. Overall the interview lasted about three hours. They asked a lot of the same behavioral questions and provided information about the job itself. It was a very positive and friendly interview process!

Interview Questions
    • Basic Behavioral questions... Tell me a time when you had a difficult work project, a co-worker that you had conflict with etc....   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate to the maximum offer given my previous work experience.

Software/Systems Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Honeywell in March 2015.

I had a phone interview with Technical Manager and Software Manager. They talked about the job and what they do and what you would do as a intern. They really just did a resume rundown and ask about my coding experience. They also ask about project experience through classes.

Would Rather Not Mention Title Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Honeywell.

Too many interviews (6 people in 5+ hours) crammed into one afternoon is too exhausting for any candidate. The HR representatives act like robots, with mentalities from the 19th century. I felt unwanted and unliked by the rest of my would-be team before they even met me. It was the most unpleasant interview I've ever been through.

Interview Questions
    • Too many unqualified interviewers asking inane questions (what 3 words best describe you?). When did my qualifications, work history and talent stop mattering? There was NOT ONE SINGLE QUESTION ABOUT MY CAPABILITIES. I had a portfolio of work with me and nobody asked to see samples of my work.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Honeywell.

They contacted me after a career fair and interviewed me on campus the next day. Most of their questions are behavioral, and assess how you perform or approach different situations or challenges. The questions themselves are easy, not meant to trip you up or surprise you, but they definitely test how much you know about the company and why you want this position more than others.

The last question is a simulation, wherein they present a situation to you and you have to persuade the interviewers.

Make sure you can respond using the STAR method with specific examples of how you've handled various situations in a successful manner. Keep your answers between 1-2 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • How would you communicate with people for whom English is not their first language?   Answer Question
    • Walk us through your resume.   View Answer
    • Why should we hire you over other candidates for this position?   Answer Question

Government Security Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Honeywell.

20 mins over the phone. Job offered - salary, vehicle, bennies etc. I was a prior employee. Honeywell is extremely loyal and accepting of past good work relationships. I applied 1.5 years prior and got an interview email, set up that day and in 20 mins was hired.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Honeywell in February 2015.

I applied through college job fair. I got a call next day morning to schedule an interview. Two people interviewed me, and started with brief introductions about themselves. They asked about experiences on my resume. So be prepared to talk about what's on your resume. Then they asked some behavioral questions. I thought some of the behavioral questions were not easy to answer right away.

Interview Questions
    • What did you like about your last internship the most? What did you dislike about your last internship the most?   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Honeywell in February 2015.

I was reached by a recruiter. She has so many questions, and some of them are vired. And she do recording all of our talking, and the whole interview took like 40- 60 minutes. Also, there is no appointment before the interview. So please prepare for it.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about your skills   Answer Question
    • Do you uses Adobe Photoshop? can you describe an experience with it?   Answer Question
    • Do you uses Adobe illustrator? can you describe an experience with it?   Answer Question
    • Do you uses Basamiqs? How many years you use it? can you describe an experience with it?   Answer Question
    • Do you have leadership skills? Do you have experience with strategy?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Honeywell in February 2015.

Attended the university career fair and met with the Honeywell representatives, was invited to return the next morning for an interview. Interview was "behavioral" but not just firing off of standard behavioral questions. The interviewer challenged me in a civil manner, and made me defend my answers.

Afterwards I was asked to create a profile and told I would be contacted if they were interested. As of writing have not yet heard back.

Interview Questions
    • Why would Honeywell sell an aircraft component to Boeing for a loss?   Answer Question

Finance/Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Honeywell in February 2015.

I had submitted my resume through my university career website and was selected for an interview. The interview consisted of two people asking behavioral questions along with one technical. The behavioral questions revolve around the manufacturing industry and about product development. The technical question was a journal entry question, fairly simple.

Interview Questions
    • What is innovation and how do you implement it in your life?   Answer Question