Honeywell Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Had a phone interview and interviewer was friendly and made the interview seem not so intimidating. Very easy and general questions. Phone interview was very short, around 11 minutes. They said they would get back to me within a week, but it's been over two weeks and I have not heard anything from them.

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Screening by HR, phone interview with hiring manager, e-mail follow-up with hiring manager, in-person interview with hiring manager and another supervisor, phone and e-mail follow-up with hiring manager and HR. In person interview used canned set of technical questions asked of all candidates. Hiring manager was very accommodating as I had an out of town trip we had to schedule around.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all technical and pertained to the position. There weren't any questions that I would consider a surprise   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was made clear that the offer was a fixed, take it or leave it, amount.

Would Rather Not Mention Title Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Too many interviews (6 people in 5+ hours) crammed into one afternoon is too exhausting for any candidate. The HR representatives act like robots, with mentalities from the 19th century. I felt unwanted and unliked by the rest of my would-be team before they even met me. It was the most unpleasant interview I've ever been through.

Interview Questions

• Too many unqualified interviewers asking inane questions (what 3 words best describe you?). When did my qualifications, work history and talent stop mattering? There was NOT ONE SINGLE QUESTION ABOUT MY CAPABILITIES. I had a portfolio of work with me and nobody asked to see samples of my work.   1 Answer

Software/Systems Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with Technical Manager and Software Manager. They talked about the job and what they do and what you would do as a intern. They really just did a resume rundown and ask about my coding experience. They also ask about project experience through classes.

Finance and Accounting Rotational Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Honeywell in March 2015.

Interview

Had an interview on campus with two employees that were in the rotational program. Than a second round interview at the Honeywell campus that consisted of two interviews one with two people that were in the rotational program and the second with the hiring manager and another young employee. They want to know that you can handle doing both finance and accounting and can work in a team. Looking for driven and innovative people. The interviews were mostly behavioral with a basic technical accounting question at the end. Received a response within 24 hours of the second interview.

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Honeywell in March 2015.

Interview

Initially a behavioral phone-screen interview where was also asked questions regarding relocation and salary. The second interview went as such: Started by asking me to introduce myself, asked what kind of projects I am involved with/ educational background, then proceeded to ask more technical questions. After the technical questions, there were several coding tests, asking to write up some methods provided some already written code.

Interview Questions

• Write an insert method for a non-circular singly-linked list   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Honeywell (Golden Valley, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with HR representative, followed by phone interview with hiring manager. Scheduled an onsite interview, met with an engineer and the manager. One last phone interview with HR manager and an offer within a few days.

Basic questions about resume, previous work experience, technical test to see how you react under pressure, nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond what your previous job description entailed.   Answer Question

Program Planning and Control Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Honeywell (Golden Valley, MN).

Interview

I applied online and received a call from a recruiter a week later. I had my initial phone interview with the hiring manager the next day. Two days after my phone interview I received a call to have an in person interview with the Senior HR Manager, team members, and the hiring manager. The following week I met with these individuals. Overall the interview lasted about three hours. They asked a lot of the same behavioral questions and provided information about the job itself. It was a very positive and friendly interview process!

Interview Questions

• Basic Behavioral questions... Tell me a time when you had a difficult work project, a co-worker that you had conflict with etc....   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate to the maximum offer given my previous work experience.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

They contacted me after a career fair and interviewed me on campus the next day. Most of their questions are behavioral, and assess how you perform or approach different situations or challenges. The questions themselves are easy, not meant to trip you up or surprise you, but they definitely test how much you know about the company and why you want this position more than others.

The last question is a simulation, wherein they present a situation to you and you have to persuade the interviewers.

Make sure you can respond using the STAR method with specific examples of how you've handled various situations in a successful manner. Keep your answers between 1-2 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How would you communicate with people for whom English is not their first language?   Answer Question
    • Walk us through your resume.   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you over other candidates for this position?   Answer Question

Government Security Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Honeywell (Charleston, SC).

Interview

20 mins over the phone. Job offered - salary, vehicle, bennies etc. I was a prior employee. Honeywell is extremely loyal and accepting of past good work relationships. I applied 1.5 years prior and got an interview email, set up that day and in 20 mins was hired.