Honeywell Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.9

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

takes a long time to get hired. up to 2 months at times if you're coming from the outside. Inside promotion is fairly easy because of the networking with different areas

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions dealing with how you resolve conflicts   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Redmond, WA).

Interview

Interview Questions

• Do you do AutoCAD? Interview on phone only. Simplest I have ever had. I wished I could have come to the plant, but it is a government installation. If I hadn't been out of work for a while I wouldn't have taken it as the rate is the lowest I have ever had. The coworkers are nice. Salaries are low, no chance for permanent work as a TW. Revolving door of contractors.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Program Manager Interview

Interview

The interviewer didn't know the basics of what's appropriate and legal to ask a candidate. Considering the hiring manager is high up the chain, you have to wonder if the hiring manager ever received proper training regarding the "legal" questions that can be asked. Example questions include "do you have a husband" and "tell me about your family." How stupid could the hiring manger be? I am not making this up; these were the exact questions asked.

Interview Questions

• Example questions include "do you have a husband" and "tell me about your family." How stupid could the hiring manger be?   Answer Question

Chemical Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankford, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Honeywell (Frankford, PA).

Interview

Phone interview then called back about 1.5 months later for face to face was interviewed by three person panel it took about 3 months all together but frankford,pa human resources dept for honeywell is horrible.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Honeywell (Clearwater, FL).

Interview

The Interview took about 4 hours to complete. I was interviewed by 2 managers at the same time. The harder, situation, resume and job specific questions came here. After that, I was interviewed by 3 more process engineers that asked general questions about my manufacturing engineering experience. I was then taken on factory tour.

Interview Questions

• Of the lean six sigma 7 forms of waste, what would say is the most important to our industry?   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Kansas City, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

The first interview was a one hour phone screening with the hiring manager. After that, I had an in-person interview with the team, manager, and a few others. The questions were typical situation and application questions. I was also asked about my career aspirations and how the position helped me with my goals.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the job that other applicants don't?   Answer Question

Senior Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

Process was a complete waste of time. Face to interview went well with two managers present. They indicated they were interested and wanted proceed, but the process took forever. It was very insulting as the manager would continue to bait me and say I need a little more time but we are very interested. It was like he was playing games. In the end I decided honeywell was not for me. If they can't be professional and execute a simple interview I can only imagine how they manager their employees.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions: Tell me your thoughts on diversity.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time where you identified a product issue and how did you go about fixing it.   Answer Question
    • Why do you think we should hire you?   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Applied online, they got back to me within a week and a half and set up a phone interview with me with two of the team heads. I was on a conference call for about an hour with two out-of-state managers. They asked all of the basic questions about my school experience, resume experience, etc.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between Java and JavaScript?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell in April 2015.

Interview

Started with a handful of phone interviews, first with Human Resources and then with the hiring manager. Then had a face-to-face with several people on site. Casual environment, generally pretty friendly. The one manager didn't bother to sugar-coat the position, stating that it would require a lot of extra hours, which is why I eventually turned down the offer.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you worked with a collaborative team.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Screening by HR, phone interview with hiring manager, e-mail follow-up with hiring manager, in-person interview with hiring manager and another supervisor, phone and e-mail follow-up with hiring manager and HR. In person interview used canned set of technical questions asked of all candidates. Hiring manager was very accommodating as I had an out of town trip we had to schedule around.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all technical and pertained to the position. There weren't any questions that I would consider a surprise   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was made clear that the offer was a fixed, take it or leave it, amount.