Honeywell Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014

Director Government Finance Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Honeywell in January 2010.

Interviewed with 10 people over the course of several months from various professions. Really liked everyone I met and would have stood on my head for my future boss. The final interview was with the company attorney, CFO and HR VP none of whom I would report to. Failed that one apparently and could find out why.

Interview Questions
    • Any difficult and sensitive problems resolved? And how?   View Answer

Electrical Engineer Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

The process took a dayinterviewed at Honeywell in August 2011.

I was already a Honeywell employee and decided to apply for a title promotion. I received a call back for a Sr. Electrical Engineer design position at my job current location a week later.

Sitting with the Principal Engineer in his office, he drew up several electrical circuit diagrams and asked me the function of each component, the currents, the node voltages, and particularly why the circuit behaved the way it did. It was tough. While working through each problem, he asked how and why I calculated the way I did. ...Answering with a formula wasn't enough. He asked me to explain how the formula worked. It was a particularly poor interview, b/c I prepared for a behavioral interview.

The questions consisted of one Diode question, one FET question, two Op-AMP questions, 2 H-Bridge questions. One trick question within the H-Bridge question. It was tough.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

The process took a dayinterviewed at Honeywell in October 2011.

Applied online, received phone message for interview about 1 week later. Within a couple hours of original message, the phone interviewer called again on both cell and home phone number. Asked if I had a few minutes, ended up taking 45. Sounded as if interviewer was at a call center. She asked very detailed questions, which were extremely difficult to dicipher. When asked to repeat, she rephrased, still could not hear what she was saying. Very frustrating experience.

Aerospace Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Honeywell in November 2011.

1. Written Test- 50 MCQ consists C, C++, OS, DBMS, Microprocessor, Computer Architecture
    2. Technical Interview 1- Interview lasts around 50-70 min, they ask each and every technical point written on your CV. Mostly emphasize on OS and C. along with that they will touch various other possible engineering subjects in interview.
    3. Technical Interview 2: Interview lasts around 40-80 min, they will start with general science questions and cover most typical and deepest engineering questions. A most typical interview I ever faced.
    4. HR Interview: Again an elimination round, It differs from other HR round. They will judge you, your personality, IQ level, ask tricky questions about your hobbies and much about company. Also they may ask your action on a particular work-place related problem that how will you handle it.

Interview Questions
    • How Semaphores, Message Queues and Shared Memory objects created and share information with each other. Also describe that in primary memory how they exists and change the values of a Variable.   View Answer
    • Questions on: Array + dynamic pointers   Answer Question

Din't want to choose aerospace engineer as my profession want to work on Database, CMS and SAP like profiles. Couldn't compromise at my career interest level.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Honeywell in October 2012.

anonline test was conducted which was very tough

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Honeywell.

Quick interview process. Friendly and proffessional. Enjoyed all of it. Behavioral interview technique

Senior Document Control - Calgary AB Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Honeywell in June 2014.

Applied on line for this job which was advertised within many online job sites. Received an email a week later ending to request a scheduled time that would be available for a 45 minute phone interview and get this - by a Staffing Agency Recruiter in Ontario on behalf of Honeywell. There had been no mention in the job ad of a staffing agency recruiter being involved within this job application process.

Staffing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Honeywell in February 2011.

-Telephonic

-Video Conferencing

- Panel Discussion

- F2F interview

Interview Questions
    • How would you rate a real attitude of a person   View Answer
    Try to negotiate as much as possible.

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Honeywell in May 2010.

It was well organized and technical competency was checked rigorously.
    The company checked whether our future goals, career aspirations are aligned with theirs or not which was makes everyone's expectation clear

Interview Questions
    • Its always difficult to answer and explain about your weaknesses   Answer Question
    Not much as I was eager to join the brand - it was only the beginning of my career

Core Systems Assets Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Honeywell in July 2014.

Phone interview, followed by two interviews by a panel of two each time, reference check, letter of offer, negotiated and accepted

Cons: lengthy procedures and quite detailed interviews (over an hour each time)

Negotiable