Honeywell Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.9

New Product Development - Hardware Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

They use a third party recruiter who contacted me from LinkedIn. A confusing series of events with positions created and closed, multiple people calling for information, salaries, change of hiring manager, change of work location and several rescheduled hiring manager interviews. And an email asking for my social security number and if I’m over 40 so they can look into “tax credits”. Under the guise of a tax credit they asked my age to see if I am in a protected class. Designers maintain web sites with past projects. The recruiter visited my site prior to the two hiring manager phone interviews. The hiring manager did not go to the web site. The resume, other than the school I graduated from (top in the field) is nearly irrelevant. I have never interviewed a candidate nor made a hiring decision without first reviewing a candidate’s work. Never asked about my ability with Solidworks, nor the design process in the nearly 3 hours on the phone. The hiring manager knew little about my field and conducted an interview that was primarily about him and was essentially a learning experience for him. I saw nothing to suggest this was a legitimate search for a candidate or at least nothing like any searches I’ve conducted.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Honeywell (Clearwater, FL).

Interview

The Interview took about 4 hours to complete. I was interviewed by 2 managers at the same time. The harder, situation, resume and job specific questions came here. After that, I was interviewed by 3 more process engineers that asked general questions about my manufacturing engineering experience. I was then taken on factory tour.

Interview Questions

• Of the lean six sigma 7 forms of waste, what would say is the most important to our industry?   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Kansas City, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

The first interview was a one hour phone screening with the hiring manager. After that, I had an in-person interview with the team, manager, and a few others. The questions were typical situation and application questions. I was also asked about my career aspirations and how the position helped me with my goals.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the job that other applicants don't?   Answer Question

Software Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter. The whole process was amateurish.. had to contact the recruiter couple of times to setup the phone interview. No followup after the interview, no response to emails for status update. The whole process makes you feel as if you are applying for a job with a government rather than a private company.

Senior Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

Process was a complete waste of time. Face to interview went well with two managers present. They indicated they were interested and wanted proceed, but the process took forever. It was very insulting as the manager would continue to bait me and say I need a little more time but we are very interested. It was like he was playing games. In the end I decided honeywell was not for me. If they can't be professional and execute a simple interview I can only imagine how they manager their employees.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions: Tell me your thoughts on diversity.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time where you identified a product issue and how did you go about fixing it.   Answer Question
    • Why do you think we should hire you?   Answer Question

Project Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

STAR process. The interview was very relaxed and personable. Very comfortable. Minus my parched throat and the pitcher of water at the other end of the table that I wasn't offered a drink of.

ISC Supervisor Interview

Interview

Behavioral questions and very laid back, non-formal. I was easily over dressed in a suit and everybody on the panel was very receptive and pleasant. The members had a hard time relating to my military background.

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Applied online, they got back to me within a week and a half and set up a phone interview with me with two of the team heads. I was on a conference call for about an hour with two out-of-state managers. They asked all of the basic questions about my school experience, resume experience, etc.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between Java and JavaScript?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell in April 2015.

Interview

Started with a handful of phone interviews, first with Human Resources and then with the hiring manager. Then had a face-to-face with several people on site. Casual environment, generally pretty friendly. The one manager didn't bother to sugar-coat the position, stating that it would require a lot of extra hours, which is why I eventually turned down the offer.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you worked with a collaborative team.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Had a phone interview and interviewer was friendly and made the interview seem not so intimidating. Very easy and general questions. Phone interview was very short, around 11 minutes. They said they would get back to me within a week, but it's been over two weeks and I have not heard anything from them.