Honeywell

434 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Principal Engineer Interview

Principal Engineer

I applied in-person - interviewed at Honeywell in August 2010.

Interview Details – I joined as contractor. but later accepted full time. had 4-5 rounds of interview. I couldn't get to know who has fixed my salary. Whether HR or my Manager. couldn't negotiate.

Interview Question – Questions were easy.....mostly tecnical   Answer Question

Senior Human Resources Manager Interview

Senior Human Resources Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Honeywell in May 2012.

Interview Details – Single day of interviews with various levels of the HR organization. Basic behavior based questions, focusing on tying HR to the business, and how you have managed/influenced change in your career. Also a lot around lean and understanding your exposure/experience to lean manufacturing.

Interview day consisted of 4 1:1 interviews. Once that was passed, I then had a site visit, but that was more about selling me on the site, not about needing to pass any kind of interview.

Interview Question – For an organization that prides itself on cutting edge HR, it was one of the easiest behavior baseed interviews I have had.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little to no negotiation available - they come with a single offer and it is up to you to accept/decline. One thing to be aware of, the relo package payback timeperiod is 2 years, so make sure you are willing to be an indentured servant for at least that long.

Assembler Interview

Assembler
Olathe, KS

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Honeywell in January 2014.

Interview Details – Questions concerning job experience and asked for various examples of how to follow the assembly schematics and world orders. Asked about my soldering skills and what exactly I soldered and also inquired about my knowledge of components and the various ways in which they need to be placed on the circuit board.

Very Easy Interview

Sewer/Assembler I Interview

Sewer/Assembler I
Franklin, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Honeywell in April 2012.

Interview Details – I did not have an interview, the position came open and my supervisor liked my work so much she wanted me hired from manpower to honeywell. I received a call from the main office and was going to have an interview but the production manager said since I've worked there for 4 months and they new my work ethics that they did not need to interview me....although they said that if I wanted full time I needed to take a pay cut and I told them that if I was worth less as a full time employee for honeywell then I would stay with a temp service. They agreed to keep me at the same rate but told me I had to take the 3-11 shift even though they have not made others take that shift. I know of a lot that they let stay on 6:30 - 2:30 shift. I created waves and been labeled ever since.

Interview Question – Would I consider a lower wage?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nothing....if they offer you a position and you do not want the shift your offered do not take the offer.....

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Des Plaines, IL

I applied online and interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview Details – 1. An HR guy contacted me through email.
2. He asked me some questions regarding whether I wan to relocate, the minimum salary and ....
3. The Hiring Manager sent me some questions through HR and asked me to answer those questions. I couldn't really answer all those questions.

Interview Question – I was not sure whether I was a good fit for that position. They actually were looking for people with the backgrounds in some special software.   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Business Consultant
Wilmington, DE

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Honeywell in November 2011.

Interview Details – Typical questions about past experience. Nothing out the box. Asked more about skill sets. Understanding of sales process. What type of team building skills I had.

Interview Question – None really   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager-IT (CRM) Interview

Senior Project Manager-IT (CRM)

Interviewed at Honeywell

Interview Details – All day interview and you sit in a very hot room as people come and go you meet peers, employees and other department heads which make no sense since you never interface with them except at the interview. HR sucks I got a 10 minute review and any questions they have they refer you to an off shore 800 number.

Interview Question – What is EVMS   Answer Question

Electronics Technician Interview

Electronics Technician
Albuquerque, NM

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Honeywell in November 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process was great! Questions were easy and the interviewers were relaxed with ease of communication! The interviewing parties were inexperienced to what the appropriate questions and answers should be asked to identify actual position knowledge. The focus was more on my cover letter, than my relevant skills!

Interview Question – Why should I select you and not the next candidate?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate an extra dollar!

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview Details – One phone interview that lasted about one hour followed by drug test and back ground check. Be as honest as possible in all questions. They ex p etc immediate availability.

Interview Question – Mention a time in which you help a team member that didn't contribute.   Answer Question

Engineer II Interview

Engineer II
Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Honeywell in April 2014.

Interview Details – After applying online, I was called for on-site interview in Kansas City, which consisted of two separate panel interviews with 3-4 people each. First one was with peers and was laid-back and more conversational. The second was with hiring managers. They asked several behavioral-type questions one after the other. The questions were very typical behavioral questions. The interview process was very organized and well-planned, and Honeywell paid all of my travel expenses. I was told they would get back to me within 3 weeks, and I received an offer about 4 weeks later. At first, they would not tell me the details of the benefits (relocation, health benefits, etc.) until I accepted the job, which I was very uncomfortable with. I wanted to understand the entire benefits package before making a big decision! I did get my questions answered but decided to decline the offer because my communications with them after the interview were strange and uncomfortable, the offer was 13% lower than my current salary, and they were not willing to negotiate salary or amount of vacation time.

Interview Question – When was a time that you had to make a difficult business decision? When was a time that you were working on a project that suddenly changed direction/scope, and what did you do?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Pay was 15% lower than what I currently make, and they were not willing to negotiate salary or amount of vacation.