Honeywell

Honeywell Interview Questions

Updated Nov 21, 2014
Updated Nov 21, 2014

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Honeywell in September 2014.

I talked with Honeywell at my college career fair. The representatives I talked to were incredibly personable and easy to talk to. We just talked over my resume and what I would like to do at Honeywell. At the career fair, I was signed up an interview the following day. The interview was also rather lax. Rather than behavioral or technical questions, we just talked about my resume. It lasted just under 30 minutes. I have yet to hear back for certain, but I am doubtful about moving on to the second round. There were 6x the number of applicants than there were spots open to move on to the next round. My interview wasn't terrible by any means but it also wasn't amazingly great (which is what I think is required to have a real shot).

Interview Questions
    • So I see you have 'x' on your resume. Tell me a little bit about that.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online – interviewed at Honeywell in September 2014.

I got a call from Honeywell staffing in New York for the position I applied to in Kansas City, Mo. An on site interview was requested and I agreed. There was not a phone interview. A few days later I was there for my interview. Since I live 5 hours away and am 2 hours away from the nearest airport I requested a phone interview but the team refused and wanted me there as soon as possible. I interviewed with 2 separate teams of people. It was apparently pretty quickly that this was not the position for me. The posted position had 10-20% travel and they had described situations where 50% travel would be necessary. This was unacceptable to me. I knew before I had left the interview room that even if I received an offer I was not going to accept it and I was also angry that my time had been wasted. This could have been discovered during a phone interview.

The lesson I learned from this interview is ALWAYS request a phone interview first. A lot of time and energy can be saved if/when you discover that the position that is posted is not a match to the actual position

Interview Questions
    • Is it ok for you to be gone every other week?   View Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Smithfield, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Smithfield, RI

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Honeywell.

Pretty standard interview process. Initial phone interview with hiring manager. Followed by in-person interview with broader team and hiring manager. Also included was a phone interview with HR due to scheduling reasons. Final step was a 2nd in-person visit to interview with the General Manager of the division.

Overall, I definitely was impressed with the speed of their process compared to other interviews processes I've been through. HR team seems pretty efficient.

Interview Questions
    • "How do we fix it?" Point blank asked by GM on how to address a dilemma that was brought up by team members during my interview process.   View Answer

Software Engineer III Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Honeywell.

Application, phone interview, offer or no offer. Phone interview followed application involving a panel with prepared questions mainly about FAA certification, Clearcase & DOORS. Time was one hour. Closure was routine -- interviewing other candidates will get back to you in a week or two.

Interview Questions
    Based upon current situation - leaving an employer versus out-of-work. If the latter there is no to little negotiation. But, if offered a position, there is some ground to ask.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Honeywell.

Written Test , two rounds of technical interview. The questions were mostly to develop algorithms. No language specific questions. they asked concepts like data structure and operating system. Written test was fairly easy. maths and C programming.

Electronic Technician II Interview

Very informal, easy but I suppose it depends on the manager that is doing the interview. The manager that interviewed me was courteous and respectful. Asked about my background in the field. Wanted to know if I could travel to many jobs.

Management Interview

Honeywell is horrible. They try to find the yes person and get them involved in shady things. Stay away from here. Please do yourself a favor. Don't look twice at this place or these people.

Continuous Improvement Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Honeywell in July 2014.

Applied online through a recruiter, and received good coaching from Kristen. A 60 minute phone interview was set up within 1 week with Plant Manager and HR manager. They called me on time but Plant Manager only had 20 minutes. He asked that I walk him through my resume and address why I left each position. I did this then he still had a problem why I left my preview employer and asked that I address this again. I did and the left the interview. I went on with the HR manager but I asked her if continuing as necessary because the PM obviously had no interest in moving forward. We finished the interview anyway.

If he was so concerned about my previous positions why did they call - very strange

Interview Questions
    • Why I left my previous employer - twice!   View Answer

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Honeywell in July 2014.

Met with an HR lady, then Hardware Engineer for one to one interview and then the Director of Engineering also for one to one interview. The interviews were focused more on experience rather than knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on details related to transceiver design circuitry.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Honeywell.

1. An HR guy contacted me through email.
    2. He asked me some questions regarding whether I wan to relocate, the minimum salary and ....
    3. The Hiring Manager sent me some questions through HR and asked me to answer those questions. I couldn't really answer all those questions.

Interview Questions
    • I was not sure whether I was a good fit for that position. They actually were looking for people with the backgrounds in some special software.   Answer Question