Honeywell

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Customer Care Specialist

Interviewed at Honeywell

Interview Details – Very easy hiring process, was the typical interview process. It took a few weeks waiting on HR. Aside from that it was very simple. In my experience it was standard from large companies

Interview Question – They were all standard questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Semiconductor Technician III Interview

Semiconductor Technician III
Plymouth, MN

I applied online and interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview Details – Apply
   Weeks later
-Phone screen (making sure your resume lines up with the job...)
   Hours later
-Given info to take an online test (not to test knowledge, just to see what kind of a person you are)
   Weeks later
-Phone call to schedule an interview
   Days later
-Interview with hiring manager. Asking more situation questions than testing knowledge ("what would your supervisor asked you to lie...")
   Days later
-Offer
   Weeks later
-Given a start date after a very thorough background check

So, in the end it is a very slow process. Many times I thought I was no longer under consideration for the position but it was Honeywell moving very slow.

Interview Question – Interview questions line up with the online exam. Nothing too surprising other than no true test of competency.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Called and offered the job along with an email detailing exactly what the offer contains.

Research Scientist Interview

Research Scientist
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Honeywell in March 2014.

Interview Details – Was contacted for a phone interview. Spoke with two representatives for about 30 minutes. It was a very informal conversation - mostly asking about if I was familiar with a specific technique or process.

Interview Question – Explain how your thesis work relates to this project.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Electronics Assembler/Test Technician Interview

Electronics Assembler/Test Technician
Clearwater, FL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Honeywell in May 2014.

Interview Details – I will get back to you after the interview, but I am confident that I have the skills they are looking for. I am going on Thursday and then I will make a decision whether or not I should stay at my present job or pursue a career with Honeywell. As we walk down that path of life we really don't know what tomorrow may bring, so we need to be optimistic in every area of our lives. In this world of uncertainty, we sometimes get a shock and other times we get just what we expect. It's kind of ironic how that happens, but I've got to prepare for this interview. My suggestion to you is to role play with a friend and ask each other tough questions, then you will be ready to face the challenge head on!

Interview Question – Tell me about a challenging situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Sales Interview

Senior Engineer Sales

Interviewed at Honeywell

Interview Details – Staffing interview, MAnager interview, Business Head Interview, HR Interview

Interview Question – Where do u see yourself 5 years from now   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimal negotiation

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview Details – I thought the overall process was cumbersome. You just about don't ever get a phone call unless you know someone. I tried for 5 years before someone I knew was able to get my resume in front of someone that mattered. Once that happened, it was very run of the mill from then on.

Interview Question – The interview questions were totally scripted and not surprising if you've been through a few of these.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. I accepted as is

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Manufacturing Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview Details – Received a phone interview that was pretty basic. There were no technical questions just the basics.

Interview Question – There was a lot of emphasis on my interpretation of the design process.   Answer Question

Sales Operations Interview

Sales Operations

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Honeywell in March 2014.

Interview Details – After multiple interviews, both phone and in-person, and a 7-week process, the company decided it didn't have the money to hire for this position. The people I spoke with were very nice, down to earth, interested in life beyond work ("will this job let you be the kind of mom you want to be?").

Interview Question – Nothing too hard -- "Do you have an example of a time when you had to present a sales solution without support from the top?"   Answer Question

Systems Engineer II Interview

Systems Engineer II
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview Details – I was asked a lot about my previous work experiences. Then came the dreaded personality test that everyone does now. I do not agree with those, but the people interviewing were relaxed and easy to talk to. I was interviewed over the phone one-on-one, and then I had a panel interview with about 5 engineers and an HR person. I left the interview and when I got home an hour later, they called with an offer.

Interview Question – All of the personality test questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered a very low salary. I countered with a detailed reason why $5k more was reasonable based on my experience and the average salary for a similar position in this area. I do not think they even read it. They responded with the original offer. They conveniently failed to tell me that right after I would start, they were planning to take 10% of everyone's salaries for a full year.

Entry Level Thermodynamics Systems Engineer Interview

Entry Level Thermodynamics Systems Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Honeywell in February 2014.

Interview Details – Was notified via email that I was selected for an interview. Got a short call from a HR rep about scheduling the hour long phone interview. Then the week after I had the actual phone interview with an Engineer.

The interviewer was nice and started with a short introduction of the company and the position's responsibilities. Then she asked general questions such as "What has prepared me for this position?" I mentioned several school projects and extra curricular activities. There was a question on challenges I had faced. Also she asked about what kinds of leadership positions I had held either in projects or organizations. There were no technical questions.

The whole interview was over in only 30 minutes.

Interview Question – What was a challenging problem you faced in one of your projects and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Honeywell