Honeywell

Updated Dec 8, 2014

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Honeywell in July 2014.

Met with an HR lady, then Hardware Engineer for one to one interview and then the Director of Engineering also for one to one interview. The interviews were focused more on experience rather than knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on details related to transceiver design circuitry.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Honeywell.

1. An HR guy contacted me through email.
    2. He asked me some questions regarding whether I wan to relocate, the minimum salary and ....
    3. The Hiring Manager sent me some questions through HR and asked me to answer those questions. I couldn't really answer all those questions.

Interview Questions
    • I was not sure whether I was a good fit for that position. They actually were looking for people with the backgrounds in some special software.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager-IT (CRM) Interview

All day interview and you sit in a very hot room as people come and go you meet peers, employees and other department heads which make no sense since you never interface with them except at the interview. HR sucks I got a 10 minute review and any questions they have they refer you to an off shore 800 number.

Test Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Honeywell.

One phone interview that lasted about one hour followed by drug test and back ground check. Be as honest as possible in all questions. They ex p etc immediate availability.

Interview Questions
    • Mention a time in which you help a team member that didn't contribute.   Answer Question

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Very easy hiring process, was the typical interview process. It took a few weeks waiting on HR. Aside from that it was very simple. In my experience it was standard from large companies

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Honeywell in June 2014.

I applied online via the Honeywell Careers website. Within hours of my completed submission, a recruiter sent me and email and asked if and when i was available for a phone screed. The phone screen was nothing technical really just ran through my resume. we talked about my education experience and salary requirements and things of that nature. She said that she would pass my resume to the hiring manager and if he were interested we would set up a more formal phone interview with him. There were more than one of the positions open, with different hiring manager. So both hiring managers were included on the call. The interview went fairly well no questions were hard.. It lasted about 45 minutes. I was told they had other people to interview and once the harrowed it down they would contact me if i were chosen for an onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a process that you have changed for the better in your current position. How were the changes implemented.   Answer Question

Inspector Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Honeywell in June 2014.

Received a initial call to verify information that was already part of the online application. Then a second interview, more extensive interview was scheduled. They had to reschedule due to not realizing the personnel handling the interview were off.

The actual interview was typical. Tell us about yourself then instances of overcoming problems, changing of procedures.

Then I received a third call confirming information again. Asked how soon could I start of hired and how soon could I be available for an in person interview. Then silence. No further call, email or letter. I had to log on later and notice they had filled that position weeks later.

Extremely unprofessional and disrespectful.

Interview Questions
    • What active a action was taken to proactively solve a problem.   View Answer

Semiconductor Technician III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MN

I applied online – interviewed at Honeywell.

Apply
       Weeks later
    -Phone screen (making sure your resume lines up with the job...)
       Hours later
    -Given info to take an online test (not to test knowledge, just to see what kind of a person you are)
       Weeks later
    -Phone call to schedule an interview
       Days later
    -Interview with hiring manager. Asking more situation questions than testing knowledge ("what would your supervisor asked you to lie...")
       Days later
    -Offer
       Weeks later
    -Given a start date after a very thorough background check

So, in the end it is a very slow process. Many times I thought I was no longer under consideration for the position but it was Honeywell moving very slow.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions line up with the online exam. Nothing too surprising other than no true test of competency.   Answer Question
    Called and offered the job along with an email detailing exactly what the offer contains.

Senior Engineer Sales Interview

Staffing interview, MAnager interview, Business Head Interview, HR Interview

Minimal negotiation

Electronics Assembler/Test Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Honeywell in May 2014.

I will get back to you after the interview, but I am confident that I have the skills they are looking for. I am going on Thursday and then I will make a decision whether or not I should stay at my present job or pursue a career with Honeywell. As we walk down that path of life we really don't know what tomorrow may bring, so we need to be optimistic in every area of our lives. In this world of uncertainty, we sometimes get a shock and other times we get just what we expect. It's kind of ironic how that happens, but I've got to prepare for this interview. My suggestion to you is to role play with a friend and ask each other tough questions, then you will be ready to face the challenge head on!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a challenging situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question