Honeywell

419 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Entry Level Thermodynamics Systems Engineer Interview

Entry Level Thermodynamics Systems Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Honeywell in February 2014.

Interview Details – Was notified via email that I was selected for an interview. Got a short call from a HR rep about scheduling the hour long phone interview. Then the week after I had the actual phone interview with an Engineer.

The interviewer was nice and started with a short introduction of the company and the position's responsibilities. Then she asked general questions such as "What has prepared me for this position?" I mentioned several school projects and extra curricular activities. There was a question on challenges I had faced. Also she asked about what kinds of leadership positions I had held either in projects or organizations. There were no technical questions.

The whole interview was over in only 30 minutes.

Interview Question – What was a challenging problem you faced in one of your projects and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview Details – Did an summer internship at Honeywell. After which I got 3 Technical interviews and 1 HR interview. Technical was hard and challenging and HR was basic stuffs about pay and previous company etc

Interview Question – Solve a problem using J2EE methodologies   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Credit Analyst

Interviewed at Honeywell

Interview Details – interview with all mangers and sit with a credit analyst for 15-20 mins.

Interview Question – who was someone you did not get along with at your last job?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Colorado Springs, CO

I interviewed at Honeywell in August 2011.

Interview Details – Pre-interview communications were over the phone and email. The interview was with a small group of people. They each took turns speaking with me and took notes during the process. The tone was comfortable: business without feeling grilled.I received an offer via email within 2 days of the interview. During the interview, I asked questions to determine if the organization would be a good fit. Between the time of the interview and starting work, the organization had changed enough that the answer had changed.

Interview Question – There were no technical questions beyond listing my skills. The most unexpected question was if there was any reason to be denied a clearance.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Accounting Interview

Accounting
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview Details – Hiring was very easy

Interview Question – There was no difficult question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted without negotiating

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Supply Chain Manager

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview Details – Hiring process is very poor. don't really spend time to find the right person for the right job.

Interview Question – No specifc question to drill down your knowledge or try to narrow down the question for you to understand what they really want   Answer Question

Applications Engineer I Interview

Applications Engineer I
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Honeywell in February 2014.

Interview Details – Received an interview at a new graduate career fair, answered basic questions about resume and skills. Next I was given a follow up phone interview 3-4 months later. It was conducted by the hiring manager in which we reviewed my resume. I was then invited for an on site interview 1 week later. During this interview, which last all day, I met the entire team and managers and spoke about my role with some technical questions. About a month or so after this I received an offer. So please do not fret, it took me almost 6 months to receive an offer from my first interview. Sometimes HR takes awhile releasing funds so be patient.

Interview Question – Applications questions concerning working out of area of degree in electronics and how I will succeed.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I have heard bad and good things from new hires at honeywell who request more pay or accommodations. I thought the pay was higher than other offers and did not see the need.

Very Easy Interview

Computer Analyst Interview

Computer Analyst
Torrance, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Honeywell in October 2010.

Interview Details – A recruiter submitted my name for a mainframe position. Beyond the normal process, the hiring department called my current (at the time) employer to discuss my performance. It was well known that I was unhappy with my supervisor and wanted a change. It was also well known that I was a very good diplomat. I was hired for my computer expertise AND my diplomacy.

Negotiation Details – I was hired the next day. One year later, I referred a former associate from the same company; she was hired the day of her interview.

Embedded Systems Engineer Interview

Embedded Systems Engineer
Poway, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Honeywell in February 2010.

Interview Details – Applied through connection with engineering project manager. Individually interviewed with 4 project leads, and a majority of the time was spent with the project manager for the open position. Each interview lasted approximately 45 minutes. Afterwards, I was given a tour of the prototyping and test facilities. Offer was extended the same evening.

Interview Question – Please demonstrate how you can adapt to new situations.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview Details – I was contacted directly by the Director of Engineering as a "cold call" because someone internally gave him my name and experience. I told him I wasn't looking for another job, but I'd be a fool not to at least look into it. I was quickly scheduled for and interview with a peer engineer, Engineering Manager and Director of Engineering. After 4 hours of interviewing I met with HR. HR offered me a position that same day. I crunched the numbers regarding what I would be giving up in benefits and what I would be gaining and shared a "break even" salary number with HR along with a list of other items for consideration. I was still obligated for some dollars under my current employer's plan, and I had reached 4 weeks of vacation tenure at my current employer. Honeywell responded by meeting my salary "break-even" point, giving me 4 weeks of vacation as my baseline to start and a 10k bonus. I accepted the offer. They performed a routing background check and drug test. I worked with the hiring manager to start 2 weeks from the offer acceptance so I could give my current employer the option of maintaining my employment to transfer current projects. I started 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – Deep dive on a complex project I had led with follow on questions regarding specific situations in the project where I made critical decisions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – We negotiated in 48 hours. HR has the ability to flex the system. Don't be afraid to challenge the vacation policy. If they want you, they care little about a few extra dollars or days vacation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Honeywell