Honeywell

Honeywell Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2014
Updated Nov 16, 2014

Test Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Honeywell.

One phone interview that lasted about one hour followed by drug test and back ground check. Be as honest as possible in all questions. They ex p etc immediate availability.

Interview Questions
    • Mention a time in which you help a team member that didn't contribute.   Answer Question

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Very easy hiring process, was the typical interview process. It took a few weeks waiting on HR. Aside from that it was very simple. In my experience it was standard from large companies

Inspector Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Honeywell in June 2014.

Received a initial call to verify information that was already part of the online application. Then a second interview, more extensive interview was scheduled. They had to reschedule due to not realizing the personnel handling the interview were off.

The actual interview was typical. Tell us about yourself then instances of overcoming problems, changing of procedures.

Then I received a third call confirming information again. Asked how soon could I start of hired and how soon could I be available for an in person interview. Then silence. No further call, email or letter. I had to log on later and notice they had filled that position weeks later.

Extremely unprofessional and disrespectful.

Interview Questions
    • What active a action was taken to proactively solve a problem.   View Answer

Semiconductor Technician III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MN

I applied online – interviewed at Honeywell.

Apply
       Weeks later
    -Phone screen (making sure your resume lines up with the job...)
       Hours later
    -Given info to take an online test (not to test knowledge, just to see what kind of a person you are)
       Weeks later
    -Phone call to schedule an interview
       Days later
    -Interview with hiring manager. Asking more situation questions than testing knowledge ("what would your supervisor asked you to lie...")
       Days later
    -Offer
       Weeks later
    -Given a start date after a very thorough background check

So, in the end it is a very slow process. Many times I thought I was no longer under consideration for the position but it was Honeywell moving very slow.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions line up with the online exam. Nothing too surprising other than no true test of competency.   Answer Question
    Called and offered the job along with an email detailing exactly what the offer contains.

Senior Engineer Sales Interview

Staffing interview, MAnager interview, Business Head Interview, HR Interview

Minimal negotiation

Electronics Assembler/Test Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Honeywell in May 2014.

I will get back to you after the interview, but I am confident that I have the skills they are looking for. I am going on Thursday and then I will make a decision whether or not I should stay at my present job or pursue a career with Honeywell. As we walk down that path of life we really don't know what tomorrow may bring, so we need to be optimistic in every area of our lives. In this world of uncertainty, we sometimes get a shock and other times we get just what we expect. It's kind of ironic how that happens, but I've got to prepare for this interview. My suggestion to you is to role play with a friend and ask each other tough questions, then you will be ready to face the challenge head on!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a challenging situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Honeywell.

I thought the overall process was cumbersome. You just about don't ever get a phone call unless you know someone. I tried for 5 years before someone I knew was able to get my resume in front of someone that mattered. Once that happened, it was very run of the mill from then on.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were totally scripted and not surprising if you've been through a few of these.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. I accepted as is

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Honeywell.

Received a phone interview that was pretty basic. There were no technical questions just the basics.

Interview Questions
    • There was a lot of emphasis on my interpretation of the design process.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Honeywell.

I was asked a lot about my previous work experiences. Then came the dreaded personality test that everyone does now. I do not agree with those, but the people interviewing were relaxed and easy to talk to. I was interviewed over the phone one-on-one, and then I had a panel interview with about 5 engineers and an HR person. I left the interview and when I got home an hour later, they called with an offer.

Interview Questions
    They offered a very low salary. I countered with a detailed reason why $5k more was reasonable based on my experience and the average salary for a similar position in this area. I do not think they even read it. They responded with the original offer. They conveniently failed to tell me that right after I would start, they were planning to take 10% of everyone's salaries for a full year.

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Honeywell in April 2014.

After applying online, I was called for on-site interview in Kansas City, which consisted of two separate panel interviews with 3-4 people each. First one was with peers and was laid-back and more conversational. The second was with hiring managers. They asked several behavioral-type questions one after the other. The questions were very typical behavioral questions. The interview process was very organized and well-planned, and Honeywell paid all of my travel expenses. I was told they would get back to me within 3 weeks, and I received an offer about 4 weeks later. At first, they would not tell me the details of the benefits (relocation, health benefits, etc.) until I accepted the job, which I was very uncomfortable with. I wanted to understand the entire benefits package before making a big decision! I did get my questions answered but decided to decline the offer because my communications with them after the interview were strange and uncomfortable, the offer was 13% lower than my current salary, and they were not willing to negotiate salary or amount of vacation time.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time that you had to make a difficult business decision? When was a time that you were working on a project that suddenly changed direction/scope, and what did you do?   Answer Question

Pay was 15% lower than what I currently make, and they were not willing to negotiate salary or amount of vacation.