Honeywell

Updated Feb 21, 2015
Updated Feb 21, 2015

IT Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Honeywell.

I received a call less than a week after I applied. Then I got a call confirming a phone interview which I had the next day. The interview had no technical questions but a good amount of behavioral questions. There is no stress over answering technical questions but they do want to hear about experiences and how you work.

Meteorology Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Honeywell.

Communication was great! Interviewers were very polite, informative, and enthusiastic. Asked several very good questions and thoroughly explained questions if they weren't fully understood. Look forward to working with this company.

Interview Questions
    • In the workplace, sometimes people can be difficult to get along with. Describe a situation in which you had to deal with a difficult co-worker and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Honeywell.

The process was typical for this size and type of company. I first interviewed over the phone with a contracted 3rd party who looked at my resume and made sure I met the basic criteria for the job. Second interview was again by phone, but this time with someone from the Honeywell HR. Third interview was in person with the person who would be my direct report. This same day I would also meet with a manager from another department, which is very common. My fourth day of interviews included my direct report, a peer interview and a final one with the general manager.
    Later that week I received a final telephone interview with the regional sales leader, which was responsible for about 1/4 of the U.S.
    Lastly I received a phone call from my direct report informing me that I would be receiving an offer letter.

Interview Questions
    There was some room on salary, but commission and vacation was set. Also, the company car benefit is not totally free, but requires the employee to pay a modest portion. I was not accustomed to this.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Honeywell in October 2014.

Submitted application through honeywell careers, recruiter contacted me a few weeks later and set up phone interview with director of engineering and a manager, then I went in to an in person interview with those two people, another director of engineering and an administrative assistant that had been helping the department out. The in person interview lasted an hour and a half, I think they asked 7 questions and they all had at least 3 parts to them. Each question was based on a situation and I have never been asked those questions before. As of this posting, I still have not heard back and it's been 3.5 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time where it was really important that you used critical listening and how it helped you.   Answer Question

Finance Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Honeywell in October 2014.

First interview was an on-campus interview that was based mostly on work/education experience and some behavioral questions. Second interview was at the company's campus and was composed of a panel discussion with past program participants and then each prospective employee had to go through three separate interviews with employees at Honeywell. These interviews were also based on work/education experience and how they transferred to a job at Honeywell, as well as some of the same behavioral questions as in the first interview.

Interview Questions
    • - How do you prioritize your assignments/tasks at work?
      - Tell me about your most glaring weaknesses?

Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Honeywell in September 2014.

I talked with Honeywell at my college career fair. The representatives I talked to were incredibly personable and easy to talk to. We just talked over my resume and what I would like to do at Honeywell. At the career fair, I was signed up an interview the following day. The interview was also rather lax. Rather than behavioral or technical questions, we just talked about my resume. It lasted just under 30 minutes. I have yet to hear back for certain, but I am doubtful about moving on to the second round. There were 6x the number of applicants than there were spots open to move on to the next round. My interview wasn't terrible by any means but it also wasn't amazingly great (which is what I think is required to have a real shot).

Interview Questions
    • So I see you have 'x' on your resume. Tell me a little bit about that.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I applied online – interviewed at Honeywell in September 2014.

I got a call from Honeywell staffing in New York for the position I applied to in Kansas City, Mo. An on site interview was requested and I agreed. There was not a phone interview. A few days later I was there for my interview. Since I live 5 hours away and am 2 hours away from the nearest airport I requested a phone interview but the team refused and wanted me there as soon as possible. I interviewed with 2 separate teams of people. It was apparently pretty quickly that this was not the position for me. The posted position had 10-20% travel and they had described situations where 50% travel would be necessary. This was unacceptable to me. I knew before I had left the interview room that even if I received an offer I was not going to accept it and I was also angry that my time had been wasted. This could have been discovered during a phone interview.

The lesson I learned from this interview is ALWAYS request a phone interview first. A lot of time and energy can be saved if/when you discover that the position that is posted is not a match to the actual position

Interview Questions
    • Is it ok for you to be gone every other week?   View Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Smithfield, RI
    Anonymous Employee in North Smithfield, RI

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Honeywell.

Pretty standard interview process. Initial phone interview with hiring manager. Followed by in-person interview with broader team and hiring manager. Also included was a phone interview with HR due to scheduling reasons. Final step was a 2nd in-person visit to interview with the General Manager of the division.

Overall, I definitely was impressed with the speed of their process compared to other interviews processes I've been through. HR team seems pretty efficient.

Interview Questions
    • "How do we fix it?" Point blank asked by GM on how to address a dilemma that was brought up by team members during my interview process.   View Answer

Software Engineer III Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Honeywell.

Application, phone interview, offer or no offer. Phone interview followed application involving a panel with prepared questions mainly about FAA certification, Clearcase & DOORS. Time was one hour. Closure was routine -- interviewing other candidates will get back to you in a week or two.

Interview Questions
    Based upon current situation - leaving an employer versus out-of-work. If the latter there is no to little negotiation. But, if offered a position, there is some ground to ask.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Honeywell.

Written Test , two rounds of technical interview. The questions were mostly to develop algorithms. No language specific questions. they asked concepts like data structure and operating system. Written test was fairly easy. maths and C programming.