Honeywell Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.9

Senior Human Resource Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Honeywell (Des Plaines, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

First had a brief phone interview with third party vendor that Honeywell outsources their recruitment efforts. The person was nice, but very direct and the whole phone interview was about 10-12 minutes. I was then invited for a face to face interview in which I met with three separate managers. The first hardly asked questions but mainly spoke about the company's UOP department. I then had to leave this building and drive across the street to interview with two more managers. The third interview was with the head of technology, he was very short with his questions/answers and you felt like you were being drilled for the position. After spending almost four hours and going to two separate locations I never received feedback from the company. After sending several emails to the recruiter to follow up I never received anything back...not even a rejection.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled safety issues in your past positions? Did you use disciplinary actions?   Answer Question

ISC Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Honeywell (Redmond, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a half day event with plant tour, explanation of operations and lunch at onsite cafeteria ending with panel interview with standard "tell me about a time" interview questions. They seemed very aggressive in recruiting and turnover seems very high so I was very cautious. It was like they were selling themselves instead of me selling my skillset which made me very nervous as to why.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a difficult situation at work, what was it and how did you handle it? Standard stuff and easy to answer if you use the SMART method.   1 Answer

Automation Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Honeywell (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

They first give u a basic 2 person interview. They do a walk-through of your resume, and then asks you a bunch of typical behavior questions. Pretty straightforward. Then if you get through to the second round they give a tour of the facility, then two different interviews with two different panels. So like a 3 hour long process. Pretty tiring.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult challenge in your life and how did you respond   Answer Question

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Honeywell (Colorado Springs, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

2 Phone interviews followed up by an on site interview - 4 folks were present during the interview - 3 for software testing, 1 for a possible job as software engineer. They were looking to fill one spot for test group that was expected to last 1 year for deployment of new hardware. I did enjoy the interview, while the questions were hard; I had the background to cover the bases.

Interview Questions

• Real mixed bag of test questions; many were out of scope of the original job description about the use of various things like use of a O'scope - RF questions and such. I did have a background in most of the areas that they were interested in. The odd thing was there was very little about real testing in the interview process.   1 Answer

Senior Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Honeywell in February 2015.

Interview

Interesting...I was a little thrown off at how hands on they were. I actually had 3 "coaching" sessions where I was told to dress my best and given a long list of interview questions to be prepared for. It was a little off-putting given I've been working for 10+ years and was interviewing for a PM-level job. Made me cautious I was walking into a culture of micromanagement, but subsequent interviews quelled those fears...mostly.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Honeywell (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through college job fair. I got a call next day morning to schedule an interview. Two people interviewed me, and started with brief introductions about themselves. They asked about experiences on my resume. So be prepared to talk about what's on your resume. Then they asked some behavioral questions. I thought some of the behavioral questions were not easy to answer right away.

Interview Questions

• What did you like about your last internship the most? What did you dislike about your last internship the most?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Honeywell (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Attended the university career fair and met with the Honeywell representatives, was invited to return the next morning for an interview. Interview was "behavioral" but not just firing off of standard behavioral questions. The interviewer challenged me in a civil manner, and made me defend my answers. Afterwards I was asked to create a profile and told I would be contacted if they were interested. As of writing have not yet heard back.

Interview Questions

• Why would Honeywell sell an aircraft component to Boeing for a loss?   1 Answer

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

I was reached by a recruiter. She has so many questions, and some of them are vired. And she do recording all of our talking, and the whole interview took like 40- 60 minutes. Also, there is no appointment before the interview. So please prepare for it.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your skills   Answer Question
    • Do you uses Adobe Photoshop? can you describe an experience with it?   Answer Question
    • Do you uses Adobe illustrator? can you describe an experience with it?   Answer Question
    • Do you uses Basamiqs? How many years you use it? can you describe an experience with it?   Answer Question
    • Do you have leadership skills? Do you have experience with strategy?   Answer Question

Finance/Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Honeywell (Tucson, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

I had submitted my resume through my university career website and was selected for an interview. The interview consisted of two people asking behavioral questions along with one technical. The behavioral questions revolve around the manufacturing industry and about product development. The technical question was a journal entry question, fairly simple.

Interview Questions

• What is innovation and how do you implement it in your life?   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Initial phone interview, spoke with a few engineers from team. Discussed my resume, work experience, etc; talked about the position, they answered any questions that I had. One month later recieved a call to fly out for an in-person interview. Met with two managers, behavior questions, technical questions, more information about the job. Then met with people I spoke with during the phone interview, more behavior and technical questions. Technical questions involved software and methodologies that I have experience with

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you have been received negative feedback in your current role and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question