Honeywell Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014
Updated Oct 19, 2014

Supply Chain Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Honeywell.

Hiring process is very poor. don't really spend time to find the right person for the right job.

Interview Questions
    • No specifc question to drill down your knowledge or try to narrow down the question for you to understand what they really want   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Honeywell.

I was contacted directly by the Director of Engineering as a "cold call" because someone internally gave him my name and experience. I told him I wasn't looking for another job, but I'd be a fool not to at least look into it. I was quickly scheduled for and interview with a peer engineer, Engineering Manager and Director of Engineering. After 4 hours of interviewing I met with HR. HR offered me a position that same day. I crunched the numbers regarding what I would be giving up in benefits and what I would be gaining and shared a "break even" salary number with HR along with a list of other items for consideration. I was still obligated for some dollars under my current employer's plan, and I had reached 4 weeks of vacation tenure at my current employer. Honeywell responded by meeting my salary "break-even" point, giving me 4 weeks of vacation as my baseline to start and a 10k bonus. I accepted the offer. They performed a routing background check and drug test. I worked with the hiring manager to start 2 weeks from the offer acceptance so I could give my current employer the option of maintaining my employment to transfer current projects. I started 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Deep dive on a complex project I had led with follow on questions regarding specific situations in the project where I made critical decisions.   Answer Question
    We negotiated in 48 hours. HR has the ability to flex the system. Don't be afraid to challenge the vacation policy. If they want you, they care little about a few extra dollars or days vacation.

Integrated Supply Chain Supervisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Honeywell.

Received an interview through a recruiter during a hiring conference. First line interview was with HR Leader. Somewhat structured interview asking behavioral type questions. Second round interview was a site visit. Met with Operations Leader, and Site Leader. Ops Leader asked similar behavioral questions. Site Leader asked more "getting to know you" type questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you failed at something and what did you do to overcome this?   Answer Question
    Worked through the recruiter. Was told that Honeywell has a structured compensation process that is determined by education level and experience. Was told it wouldn't be wise to negotiate. Not sure if this was 100% accurate.

Sales Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Honeywell in March 2014.

After multiple interviews, both phone and in-person, and a 7-week process, the company decided it didn't have the money to hire for this position. The people I spoke with were very nice, down to earth, interested in life beyond work ("will this job let you be the kind of mom you want to be?").

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too hard -- "Do you have an example of a time when you had to present a sales solution without support from the top?"   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Honeywell in March 2014.

Was contacted for a phone interview. Spoke with two representatives for about 30 minutes. It was a very informal conversation - mostly asking about if I was familiar with a specific technique or process.

Intern Interview

Pretty simple, applied on campus and had one interview - they called me and offered the job the next day. I heard other candidates had to go through several rounds though.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to use your persuasive skills.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Honeywell.

Applied for a permanent position, but it turned out to be a temp to hire position. Transition from temp to hire was very smooth.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were very common across the board, and nothing out of the ordinary. Interview was a panel interview and went very smooth. Very relaxed, and easy to communicate with the panel.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Honeywell.

3 person panel phone conference

Interview Questions
    • Not many difficult questions. Discussed my resume. Talked leadership. Discussed wether I would be happy living in area. I quizzed them on the work.   Answer Question

PM ACS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Honeywell.

Phone Interview talking about processes used, PM processes and understanding of the lifecycle. In person review with higher level management for a short face to face meeting.

Interview Questions
    • Do you understand the difference between upstream and downstream ACS products   Answer Question

TSR Interview

The interview was friendly and very professional. I felt wanted during the whole process. The process took about two hours; with a tour of the complex that was very eye opening. Never realized how much happens behind the scene.
    The follow up was timely and very detailed both by email and phone,