Honeywell

Honeywell Interview Questions

Updated Dec 8, 2014
Updated Dec 8, 2014

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Honeywell.

I thought the overall process was cumbersome. You just about don't ever get a phone call unless you know someone. I tried for 5 years before someone I knew was able to get my resume in front of someone that mattered. Once that happened, it was very run of the mill from then on.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were totally scripted and not surprising if you've been through a few of these.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. I accepted as is

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Honeywell.

Received a phone interview that was pretty basic. There were no technical questions just the basics.

Interview Questions
    • There was a lot of emphasis on my interpretation of the design process.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Honeywell.

I was asked a lot about my previous work experiences. Then came the dreaded personality test that everyone does now. I do not agree with those, but the people interviewing were relaxed and easy to talk to. I was interviewed over the phone one-on-one, and then I had a panel interview with about 5 engineers and an HR person. I left the interview and when I got home an hour later, they called with an offer.

Interview Questions
    They offered a very low salary. I countered with a detailed reason why $5k more was reasonable based on my experience and the average salary for a similar position in this area. I do not think they even read it. They responded with the original offer. They conveniently failed to tell me that right after I would start, they were planning to take 10% of everyone's salaries for a full year.

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Honeywell in April 2014.

After applying online, I was called for on-site interview in Kansas City, which consisted of two separate panel interviews with 3-4 people each. First one was with peers and was laid-back and more conversational. The second was with hiring managers. They asked several behavioral-type questions one after the other. The questions were very typical behavioral questions. The interview process was very organized and well-planned, and Honeywell paid all of my travel expenses. I was told they would get back to me within 3 weeks, and I received an offer about 4 weeks later. At first, they would not tell me the details of the benefits (relocation, health benefits, etc.) until I accepted the job, which I was very uncomfortable with. I wanted to understand the entire benefits package before making a big decision! I did get my questions answered but decided to decline the offer because my communications with them after the interview were strange and uncomfortable, the offer was 13% lower than my current salary, and they were not willing to negotiate salary or amount of vacation time.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time that you had to make a difficult business decision? When was a time that you were working on a project that suddenly changed direction/scope, and what did you do?   Answer Question

Pay was 15% lower than what I currently make, and they were not willing to negotiate salary or amount of vacation.

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Honeywell.

Did an summer internship at Honeywell. After which I got 3 Technical interviews and 1 HR interview. Technical was hard and challenging and HR was basic stuffs about pay and previous company etc

Credit Analyst Interview

interview with all mangers and sit with a credit analyst for 15-20 mins.

Interview Questions
    • who was someone you did not get along with at your last job?   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online – interviewed at Honeywell.

Hiring was very easy

I accepted without negotiating

Supply Chain Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Honeywell.

Hiring process is very poor. don't really spend time to find the right person for the right job.

Interview Questions
    • No specifc question to drill down your knowledge or try to narrow down the question for you to understand what they really want   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Honeywell.

I was contacted directly by the Director of Engineering as a "cold call" because someone internally gave him my name and experience. I told him I wasn't looking for another job, but I'd be a fool not to at least look into it. I was quickly scheduled for and interview with a peer engineer, Engineering Manager and Director of Engineering. After 4 hours of interviewing I met with HR. HR offered me a position that same day. I crunched the numbers regarding what I would be giving up in benefits and what I would be gaining and shared a "break even" salary number with HR along with a list of other items for consideration. I was still obligated for some dollars under my current employer's plan, and I had reached 4 weeks of vacation tenure at my current employer. Honeywell responded by meeting my salary "break-even" point, giving me 4 weeks of vacation as my baseline to start and a 10k bonus. I accepted the offer. They performed a routing background check and drug test. I worked with the hiring manager to start 2 weeks from the offer acceptance so I could give my current employer the option of maintaining my employment to transfer current projects. I started 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Deep dive on a complex project I had led with follow on questions regarding specific situations in the project where I made critical decisions.   Answer Question
    We negotiated in 48 hours. HR has the ability to flex the system. Don't be afraid to challenge the vacation policy. If they want you, they care little about a few extra dollars or days vacation.

Integrated Supply Chain Supervisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Honeywell.

Received an interview through a recruiter during a hiring conference. First line interview was with HR Leader. Somewhat structured interview asking behavioral type questions. Second round interview was a site visit. Met with Operations Leader, and Site Leader. Ops Leader asked similar behavioral questions. Site Leader asked more "getting to know you" type questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you failed at something and what did you do to overcome this?   Answer Question
    Worked through the recruiter. Was told that Honeywell has a structured compensation process that is determined by education level and experience. Was told it wouldn't be wise to negotiate. Not sure if this was 100% accurate.