Honeywell Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014

Embedded Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Poway, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Honeywell in February 2010.

Applied through connection with engineering project manager. Individually interviewed with 4 project leads, and a majority of the time was spent with the project manager for the open position. Each interview lasted approximately 45 minutes. Afterwards, I was given a tour of the prototyping and test facilities. Offer was extended the same evening.

Interview Questions
    • Please demonstrate how you can adapt to new situations.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Honeywell.

I was contacted directly by the Director of Engineering as a "cold call" because someone internally gave him my name and experience. I told him I wasn't looking for another job, but I'd be a fool not to at least look into it. I was quickly scheduled for and interview with a peer engineer, Engineering Manager and Director of Engineering. After 4 hours of interviewing I met with HR. HR offered me a position that same day. I crunched the numbers regarding what I would be giving up in benefits and what I would be gaining and shared a "break even" salary number with HR along with a list of other items for consideration. I was still obligated for some dollars under my current employer's plan, and I had reached 4 weeks of vacation tenure at my current employer. Honeywell responded by meeting my salary "break-even" point, giving me 4 weeks of vacation as my baseline to start and a 10k bonus. I accepted the offer. They performed a routing background check and drug test. I worked with the hiring manager to start 2 weeks from the offer acceptance so I could give my current employer the option of maintaining my employment to transfer current projects. I started 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Deep dive on a complex project I had led with follow on questions regarding specific situations in the project where I made critical decisions.   Answer Question
    We negotiated in 48 hours. HR has the ability to flex the system. Don't be afraid to challenge the vacation policy. If they want you, they care little about a few extra dollars or days vacation.

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Freeport, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Honeywell in June 2010.

was interviewed over phone twice. first time my hiring manager and second time by group of potential c0-workers

salary was the most difficult to get more.

Integrated Supply Chain Supervisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Honeywell.

Received an interview through a recruiter during a hiring conference. First line interview was with HR Leader. Somewhat structured interview asking behavioral type questions. Second round interview was a site visit. Met with Operations Leader, and Site Leader. Ops Leader asked similar behavioral questions. Site Leader asked more "getting to know you" type questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you failed at something and what did you do to overcome this?   Answer Question
    Worked through the recruiter. Was told that Honeywell has a structured compensation process that is determined by education level and experience. Was told it wouldn't be wise to negotiate. Not sure if this was 100% accurate.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Urbana, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Honeywell in February 2014.

They came to our school and held info session. Next day I had an interview. Then I got another two phone interview from China because I applied for Asia part. They gave us feed back which I appreciated and informed us the results very soon

Interview Questions
    • questions are so specific. a lot of questions about teamwork   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Pretty simple, applied on campus and had one interview - they called me and offered the job the next day. I heard other candidates had to go through several rounds though.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to use your persuasive skills.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Golden Valley, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Honeywell.

Applied for a permanent position, but it turned out to be a temp to hire position. Transition from temp to hire was very smooth.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were very common across the board, and nothing out of the ordinary. Interview was a panel interview and went very smooth. Very relaxed, and easy to communicate with the panel.   Answer Question

Learning Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Morristown, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Honeywell in February 2014.

Interview with the Hiring Manager either first or last and three to four interviews with some other team staff, as well as interview with a Human Resources personnel. Then a call from the Hiring Manager with an offer or non offer.

Interview Questions
    • Not very difficult questions but thought provoking questions ever the less. Questions asked about your lack of experience and how one deals with difficult personalities.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Honeywell in February 2014.

30 min interview with the security manager and hr manager, then 1hr Interview with the hiring managers, then a meeting with possible co-workers. Seemed pretty relaxed, just questions about my past and how I would address issues such as: How would you perform if given a new computer program with little training.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. List your strengths/weaknesses. How would you deal with contractors that were not performing up to par.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Honeywell in October 2013.

I was interviewed at the SWE National Conference in 2013. The interviewer was very professional and seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say. I had no trouble feeling comfortable around her at all. For anyone interested in interviewing with Honeywell, something you may not know is that (this is what the interviewer told me) around 40% of their business is actually chemical manufacturing, not just control technologies.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in which you have had conflict in either the workplace or in an academic group, and how you resolved that issue.   Answer Question