Honeywell

Getting the Interview

381 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview Details – 30 mins phone interview with engineer. All about technical questions

Interview Question – Testing of a safety door question   View Answer

Product Engineer Interview

Richardson, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Honeywell in April 2010.

Interview Details – A little disorganized

Interview Question – Be sharp on your engineering skills   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Starting salary

Procurement Director Interview

Interviewed at Honeywell

Interview Details – Honeywell will first do a phone screen, then if you are brought in for a face to face expect 'STAR' questions. Sometimes a panel interview, sometimes several 1:1 interviews, and sometimes they will fly you in and you only meet 1 or two people. I was a hiring person at Honeywell, a hiring manager.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you had to deliver bad news to a superior.   View Answer

Product Engineer II Interview

Glendale, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Honeywell in October 2011.

Interview Details – As with most big companies, the paperwork (cover letter & resume) review is handled electronically, by a 3rd party employment agency. So make sure you place in "key words" and address the employment ad directly to make sure you get through the filter.

I was then contacted by my would-be manager directly to schedule my phone interview. The phone interview was with 3 people: 2 managers and staff engineer all of whom I would be working with. All interviewers were technical (i.e. no HR). Few days after I was asked to fly down for an onsite interview and tour where I was interviewed face to face with the 3 whom I interviewed with over phone. Nothing was particularly unique or unexpected about the interview process itself. The questions were focused more on my relevant experiences and my motivation.

The notice of acceptance does come very late so don't be too let down if you don't hear back in the next day; they do need to get through all the candidates before deciding. The on-board process was extremely slow though (partly because of my relocation internationally).

Interview Question – None, all questions were fairly standard.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Completely over email. Handled by 3rd party employment.
I was asked for "desired salary range" and was given a proposal immediately after. I did not negotiate the salary further (it was slightly lower than the center of my proposed salary range).

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Honeywell in August 2009.

Interview Details – Candidate will have up to five interviews with recruiters and hiring managers. Most of the process they will asking you questions to get to know you better. Questions are formulated to have a long answers. Lot's of critical thinking is involved.

Interview Question – As always the most difficult question is to talk about what do you need as an individual to improve, and how that process should looks like   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations through recruiter and manager.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Fort Washington, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Honeywell in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online - Got interview call next day from HR asking about experience

A week later had another phone interview with a hiring manager who also asked about past experience and then was invited onsite.

Onsite interview was for 2 hours and there were 4 technical interviews 30 mins each which mainly focused on experience and some basic C programming questions.

Interview Question – Pretty straightforward questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate

Vertical Industry Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Honeywell in August 2010.

Interview Details – It's an interview. know the company. know the market. know the role you want. answer with specific examples. be professional. wear a suit. brush your teeth.

Interview Question – nothing abnormal   Answer Question

University Rotational Development Program Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Honeywell in October 2013.

Interview Details – On Campus Interview
Two Day Recruiting Program, with three half hour interviews, tours, 2 networking sessions.

Interview Question – All behavioral   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I felt like my salary was more than fair and did not negotiate.

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview Details – Went through university recruiter. Had first interview on campus. Second was phone interview. Still waiting for reply.

Interview Question – Something about a situation where you had to take a risk.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Senior Systems Engineer
Albuquerque, NM

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Honeywell in January 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process with Honeywell is straight forward. They have a canned set of questions to ask in attempts at keeping the hiring process equal between candidates. The interviews are rather dry so it is up to the interviewee to ask intelligent questions about the given group your going into. Note that industry standard job titles can have slightly different expectations once you are in the group.

Interview Question – Questions are all straight forward, just be your self.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation with Honeywell. Take what you get.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Honeywell