Honeywell

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Honeywell in February 2013.

Interview Details – Talked to employees at an on-campus job fair about Honeywell and what they do. After giving my resume they invited me to sign up for a potential interview at the campus. I was called the next day and an interview was scheduled for the following week. At the interview, I was asked simple but detailed behavioral questions. The interview went well and I was told that if a positive decision was made I would be contacted for an on-site interview. About a week or so later a recruiter contacted me and an interview was scheduled at the new Kansas City facility. I received confirmation emails that included an application to be filled out by hand and, since they are a defense contractor, a release to allow them to investigate me for a high-level security clearance.
This interview took most of the day. Arrive at 7:30 AM with about 20 other potential candidates. After a review of the process and videos about KC and Honeywell we were all taken to a large room where tables had been placed with placards with our names on them. Then it was kind of like speed-dating. Several mangers came in and interviewed candidates using behavioral questions and your interests etc. After 20 minutes, a woman called time. After a short break, they rotated till the managers had a chance to speak with each of us.
After this, a box-lunch was provided and a security interview was given in a private room to determine if you could qualify for a high-level "Q" clearance.

Interview Question – Give an example of something you failed at.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview Details – I was asked to interview after submitting application on Honeywell's website.

Interview Question – What has been the biggest failure of your career?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview Details – I applied online. I was called and scheduled an interview. Mostly technical questions.

Interview Question – What do you expect fro a job?   Answer Question

Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Honeywell in September 2012.

Interview Details – I applied the week before getting the phone call to set up an interview. The interview was pretty typical, lots of questions on my resume, and some behavioral questions. The interviewers were very attentive and respectful, which was refreshing!

Interview Question – I was asked to give more detail on a previous project, which turned technical. I wasn't prepared with the appropriate equations, etc. but managed to get through it. Be prepared for technical questions if you plan to mention a technical project!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Tried to negotiate, but was told there was no negotiation for entry-level positions.

Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Honeywell in February 2011.

Interview Details – The first interview was done on campus. As long as the interviewer likes you and your a good fit for the position you will move on to the next interview. The last interview was at their Kansas City plant. They more or less sold the company to you. However, they do not really tell you what they are looking for. I ended up doing a speed dating sort of interview with multiple divisions looking at each person.

Interview Questions

Golden Valley, MN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Honeywell in September 2010.

Interview Details – Panel interview for 1 hour with 4 people. Interview was fairly standard -- mainly asked about my previous experience as it related to the job opening. At then end of the interview they gave you a test on basic engineering skills -- such as cantilever beams and flow rate. They had three problems on paper and sat and watched you while you tried to solve them. They weren't overly difficult problems -- seemed like more of a pressure test to see how you did with 4 people staring at you while you tried to think.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Honeywell

Worked for Honeywell? Contribute to the Community!

Honeywell Videos

Honeywell – Why Work for Us?

Honeywell's global customers, broad range of industries and innovative technologies combine to offer you dynamic career opportunities with tremendous growth potential in more than 100 countries worldwide. Your career… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Honeywell Mechanical Engineer interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Honeywell employees and interview candidates.