Honeywell Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ

2.8

47 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Systems Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Honeywell.

I was asked a lot about my previous work experiences. Then came the dreaded personality test that everyone does now. I do not agree with those, but the people interviewing were relaxed and easy to talk to. I was interviewed over the phone one-on-one, and then I had a panel interview with about 5 engineers and an HR person. I left the interview and when I got home an hour later, they called with an offer.

Interview Questions
    They offered a very low salary. I countered with a detailed reason why $5k more was reasonable based on my experience and the average salary for a similar position in this area. I do not think they even read it. They responded with the original offer. They conveniently failed to tell me that right after I would start, they were planning to take 10% of everyone's salaries for a full year.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Honeywell in March 2014.

Was contacted for a phone interview. Spoke with two representatives for about 30 minutes. It was a very informal conversation - mostly asking about if I was familiar with a specific technique or process.

Applications Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Honeywell in February 2014.

Received an interview at a new graduate career fair, answered basic questions about resume and skills. Next I was given a follow up phone interview 3-4 months later. It was conducted by the hiring manager in which we reviewed my resume. I was then invited for an on site interview 1 week later. During this interview, which last all day, I met the entire team and managers and spoke about my role with some technical questions. About a month or so after this I received an offer. So please do not fret, it took me almost 6 months to receive an offer from my first interview. Sometimes HR takes awhile releasing funds so be patient.

Interview Questions
    • Applications questions concerning working out of area of degree in electronics and how I will succeed.   View Answer
    I have heard bad and good things from new hires at honeywell who request more pay or accommodations. I thought the pay was higher than other offers and did not see the need.

Configuration Management Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Honeywell.

Was asked to do an on-campus interview. This was not for any specific position. Just behavioral questions. Interviewer said out of the 50 interviews they did they would pick the top 5 and put them up for a "virtual draft." Apparently you are also put in a "system" as i have received a few calls from hiring managers for positions I never applied for.

For this position the manager asked if it was something i would be interested in doing. 24hrs later i had an offer.

Position didn't pertain to my training (Engineering). Salary was low

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Honeywell in November 2013.

Typical process, in office interview with primary then second interview with higher level management.. Then a phone call with an offer which was followed up with an email to start the hiring process.

Negotiation was not possible

University Rotational Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Honeywell in October 2013.

On Campus Interview
    Two Day Recruiting Program, with three half hour interviews, tours, 2 networking sessions.

Interview Questions
    I felt like my salary was more than fair and did not negotiate.

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Honeywell in October 2013.

One campus interview. One interview event. Very professional

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at Honeywell.

All interviews are panel interviews. Response time is very slow - often taking over a month to respond. Many posted positions are place-holders only, with there being no intent or real effort to fill the position. This is because layoffs occur so often that managers have learned to have phantom positions that can be cut to "reduce headcount" in times of force reductions. Positions are frequently withdrawn or cancelled up to a year after being posted - then an identical position is posted days later.

Interview Questions
    Negotiations are virtually impossible.

Engineering Technician III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Honeywell.

Having interviewed prospective employees for other companies this interview could be rated in the lower tier scale of 3 out of 10 from personal experience.

I directly asked the manager if it was required that I had to supply my own tools. He replied no we take care of that.

The disappointment came 2 weeks after the interview when I followed up with the Honeywell recruiter and was informed that a current employee had been hired because they knew the facility and could hit the ground running for this shop. I was wondering if there was an internal candidate why waste an outside candidate’s time if you’re though process is transfer an internal experienced technician into that slot. A month later I received an email asking if I was still interested in working for Honeywell. I was looking for career advancement so I accept the offer.

My first day at work I found out I had to supply my own tools, at a cost of over $4000.00. My manager said hey Honeywell is always laying people off or they are leaving (which is very true) so go to a pawn shop and purchase some tools. There is not a pawn shop anyplace close to that campus, another flat out lie from this manager.

Then I found out from my coworkers that I was the only candidate for the position, there was no other person. I had this gut feeling I made a mistake,

Interview Questions
    • The interview lasted 40 minutes with routine questions. How do you handle conflicts, how do you handle a coworker who you think are using drugs or drinks on the job, explain a projects you have done and how this was handled from cradle to grave, how have you saved a company money, what can you do for Honeywell.   View Answer
    At the time an offer was made I was not aware I had been flat out lied too.

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Honeywell.

A 3rd party recruiter contacts you via email and sets up the interview appointment. The interview can either be on the phone or in-person at the facility. Typically, a panel interview with people that you will work with in the position. Each person asks questions that relates to Honeywell's initiatives and behaviors. Each person on the panel provides a rating based on how you answer the question. If you are down-selected, you will then have one last interview with the hiring manager and/or the hiring manager's boss. Based on how you do in the final interview will determine whether you are given an offer. After the offer is made and negotiated, you are on-boarded fairly quickly.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you weren't able to meet a challenging goal. What approach did you use? What were the results?   Answer Question

Worked for Honeywell? Contribute to the Community!