Honeywell

2.0

Product Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Honeywell in October 2011.

As with most big companies, the paperwork (cover letter & resume) review is handled electronically, by a 3rd party employment agency. So make sure you place in "key words" and address the employment ad directly to make sure you get through the filter.

I was then contacted by my would-be manager directly to schedule my phone interview. The phone interview was with 3 people: 2 managers and staff engineer all of whom I would be working with. All interviewers were technical (i.e. no HR). Few days after I was asked to fly down for an onsite interview and tour where I was interviewed face to face with the 3 whom I interviewed with over phone. Nothing was particularly unique or unexpected about the interview process itself. The questions were focused more on my relevant experiences and my motivation.

The notice of acceptance does come very late so don't be too let down if you don't hear back in the next day; they do need to get through all the candidates before deciding. The on-board process was extremely slow though (partly because of my relocation internationally).

Interview Questions
  • None, all questions were fairly standard.   View Answer
Completely over email. Handled by 3rd party employment.
I was asked for "desired salary range" and was given a proposal immediately after. I did not negotiate the salary further (it was slightly lower than the center of my proposed salary range).

Other Interview Reviews for Honeywell

Product Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Honeywell in August 2011.

Interviewed with hiring manager over the phone and the next day was asked to come onsite for an interview. Spoke with hiring manage, toured facility and spoke with project engineer about more technical subject matter related to the position. After a followup email to thank everyone involved, had a personality interview with HR over the phone on a Monday evening. Wednesday afternoon, an offer was waiting in my inbox. The interview process was a very smooth one and, even though about 5 or 6 people were involved, everything moved rather quickly. Everyone answered questions promptly and hiring manager was very honest and forward.

Interview Questions
    • If I asked you to solve a problem, describe the steps you would take to complete the task.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where your leadership qualities were able to show through and a project was completed successfully.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you worked with a difficult colleague and how did you handle the situation and how were you able to overcome the adversity.   Answer Question