Honeywell

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview Details – I thought the overall process was cumbersome. You just about don't ever get a phone call unless you know someone. I tried for 5 years before someone I knew was able to get my resume in front of someone that mattered. Once that happened, it was very run of the mill from then on.

Interview Question – The interview questions were totally scripted and not surprising if you've been through a few of these.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. I accepted as is

Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Honeywell in February 2014.

Interview Details – 30 min interview with the security manager and hr manager, then 1hr Interview with the hiring managers, then a meeting with possible co-workers. Seemed pretty relaxed, just questions about my past and how I would address issues such as: How would you perform if given a new computer program with little training.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. List your strengths/weaknesses. How would you deal with contractors that were not performing up to par.   Answer Question

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview Details – 2 phone screens, and a panel interview. The interview was the typical STAR interview process, (situation, task, action, results) Panel interview consisted of 5 people asking questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to comply with a policy in which you did not agree.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Lenexa, KS

The process took a day - interviewed at Honeywell in October 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, received phone message for interview about 1 week later. Within a couple hours of original message, the phone interviewer called again on both cell and home phone number. Asked if I had a few minutes, ended up taking 45. Sounded as if interviewer was at a call center. She asked very detailed questions, which were extremely difficult to dicipher. When asked to repeat, she rephrased, still could not hear what she was saying. Very frustrating experience.

Interview Question – What experience do you have with FAA regulations?   Answer Question

Project Manager

I interviewed at Honeywell in January 2010.

Interview Details – Around 6 rounds of interview

Interview Question – General challenges in PM & what leadership style   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – YES

Bracknell, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Honeywell in March 2009.

Interview Details – Recommendation through another company

Interview Question – Business scenario   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Good

Interviewed at Honeywell

Interview Details – will be detail later during interview

Interview Question – will be detail later during interview   Answer Question

Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Honeywell in June 2012.

Interview Details – Consisted of two interviews. The phone interview with the Hiring Manager was basic, mostly covering resume topics and experience.

Second interview was a panel interview with the Hiring Manager and a Director. This interview was disjointed and seemed almost unnecessary. The Hiring Manager literally went over the same questions that were asked during the initial phone interview, the only problem with that was the fact that the Director was "running late" and didn't arrive until a half hour had passed. Once the Director joined the interview, similar questions were asked again. In all, the interview process was disappointing and the Recruiter, Hiring Manager and Director never got back in touch with me to tell me that I didn't get the offer. I don't mind not being offered a job, but at least tell me why so I can improve my interviewing skills.

Interview Question – Why am I passionate about my past work experiences?   View Answer

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Honeywell in February 2012.

Interview Details – The interviewer went on about the position, explained how the job would entail odd hours due to US sync, who the clients would be, and whom would I be reporting to. Asked some job specific questions: what are contingencies etc.

Interview Question – If a company buys a new tool what changes happen in the balance sheet and income statement?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Did not sound very exciting. I have already done that kind of work. Wanted to do something different.

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Honeywell in January 2012.

Interview Details – Very short phone screen by a 3rd party HR firm.
Then a phone interview with the hiring manager and finally onsite. The onsite was strange.
The hiring manager took me to lunch and we talked a bit about my background then he dropped off to 2 other interviews, both of which asked very little about the job. Most of the discussion from the last interviewer was about behavioral questions. Note: either the hiring manager is very new and/or the company does a poor job of prepping people to interview. He asked questions that were very much on the border of acceptable: do you have kids, will you be selling your current house, how's your wife like the area, etc...

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your current job?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Honeywell

Worked for Honeywell? Contribute to the Community!

Honeywell Videos

Honeywell – Why Work for Us?

Honeywell's global customers, broad range of industries and innovative technologies combine to offer you dynamic career opportunities with tremendous growth potential in more than 100 countries worldwide. Your career… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Honeywell Project Manager interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Honeywell employees and interview candidates.