Honeywell Senior Manager Interview Questions

2.3

Anonymous Employee in North Smithfield, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Honeywell (North Smithfield, RI).

Interview

Pretty standard interview process. Initial phone interview with hiring manager. Followed by in-person interview with broader team and hiring manager. Also included was a phone interview with HR due to scheduling reasons. Final step was a 2nd in-person visit to interview with the General Manager of the division.

Overall, I definitely was impressed with the speed of their process compared to other interviews processes I've been through. HR team seems pretty efficient.

Interview Questions

• "How do we fix it?" Point blank asked by GM on how to address a dilemma that was brought up by team members during my interview process.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Honeywell

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Honeywell in January 2013.

Interview

jerked around by a third party HR firm that "screens" but they don't really do that, and then HR and then phone and then campus

Interview Questions

• It was all a generic "tell me a time _________________" nothing difficult if you prepare.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They underbid the market and comperable jobs by about 20K

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2010.

Interview

Quick phone interview followed by 2 group interviews. The people were sharp and interested. Questions were about function fundamentals. In the second round panel, importance of industry or technical knowledge was not important. Ultimately, was left with the impression decision was made early on based on the match of responses to expected answers.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a case where the chance to gain the full benefit of a given opportunity was spread over several years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Quick description: take it or leave it. If you want to negotiate, be sure to have an alternative lined up as the company employs nuclear negotiation tactics.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Very long an tedious. Teh President gets involved at the smallest hiring level. I had to interview at least 8 people and get blesed by two presidents that I know of. Not sure why anyone att hat level would get involved in the smallest hiring efforts. Should have taken that warnign flag to heart. It is very micromanagment at Honeywell. Every meeting has about 50 people dialing in.

Interview Questions

• The process is very subjective. Behavioral questions based primarily on how you handle a Matrix organization, how you would influence people etc. The key to knowing what you are getting into is to listen to the questions. If they ask you how you would handle laying off employees, it is because that is what they are about to have you do, if they ask you how do you handle influencing people in a matrix organization, that is because that is the biggest problem they have getting people to do work and being accountable.   Answer Question

Negotiation

slow They have mnore money than they know what to do with, their margins are HUGE