Honeywell Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.7

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Honeywell in August 2011.

Interviewed for two positions during the month of August. First was the Simulation Software Engineer III position and the second was Senior Software Engineer. The SSE III position interview started with a technical phone interview and continued with an extensive test requiring C++ and openGL coding and knowledge. Submitted test and participated in second technical phone interview. Told during the second phone interview test results were exceptional. Went for an on-site interview. Not much technical questions just shown around the plant. However, was asked a couple of questions that did not relate to the position or engineering at all: 1) if you could be a superhero who would it be and why; 2) what fruit or vegetable would you want to be and why? This told me that they were looking for an artist not an engineer. Thought the interview went great; however, did not get an offer. They had a range for salary I told them the high end so thought this might have something to do with the non-offer. Also, beware of the tricky artistic questions, I was unprepared for them and answered them the best I could, but still don't know what these questions had to do with technical engineering.

Second interview was with another department within Honeywell. The first interview was technical phone interview followed by an on-site interview. The problem with this interview was the rec did not reflect the position that they interviewed me for. Also, the interview was in a small office with 3 people asking technical questions. As a result, the interview was like a pinball that bounced all around without focus or organization. Did not get an offer.

In summary, would not interview with Honeywell again. They say that they want to become leader in industry and rise above the radar, but do not act like it. Still the same old company with the same old hiring philosophy! The thinking is offer the lowest salary they can regardless of the experience you have for the position. In fact, they stopped giving relocation which screams volumes of their "low salary" philosophy.
Bottom-line don't waste your time applying for these positions. Huge waste of time and effort and you will be disappointed with the salary offer without relocation or not an offer at all.

By the way, I worked for a company that wants to be "the employer of choice". As a consequence, they offer competitive salaries, good technical work, and relocation. Can you guess - RAYTHEON!

Interview Questions
  • What super hero do you want to be and why?   View Answer
  • What fruit for vegetable would you like to be and why.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Honeywell

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Hiring and Interview process was quite good. Very disciplined and challenging. The interview held on time and interviewer were very cooperative ad helpful. The overall experience was good. I would suggest this company to my friends.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madurai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madurai (India)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Honeywell in March 2012.

Decent interview process - not really that hard.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing much. Basically it was all about performance tweaking.   Answer Question
    Explain your constraints and tell them you need a little higher than what you have been offered. Sometimes they would heed

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Honeywell in July 2010.

2 Technical interviews and manager, HR

Good

Senior Software Engineer Interview

The process took 6 days - interviewed at Honeywell in May 2010.

I saw their ad in the times ascent - a local jobs daily more or less..

Sent my cv and received a call in 5 days.

Interview consisted of 2 technical rounds, cleared both and then got my final offer letter.

They didnt ask expected CTC though :(

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

interviewed at Honeywell in January 2009.

written test
    group discussion
    technical interciew c , cpp and data structures
    hr interview

2 weeks

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Honeywell in May 2008.

Was good

Worked for Honeywell? Contribute to the Community!