Honeywell Senior Systems Engineer Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Albuquerque, NM
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Honeywell in January 2009.

Interview process with Honeywell is straight forward. They have a canned set of questions to ask in attempts at keeping the hiring process equal between candidates. The interviews are rather dry so it is up to the interviewee to ask intelligent questions about the given group your going into. Note that industry standard job titles can have slightly different expectations once you are in the group.

Interview Questions
  • Questions are all straight forward, just be your self.   Answer Question
There is no negotiation with Honeywell. Take what you get.

Other Interview Reviews for Honeywell

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Honeywell in August 2011.

The Honeywell recruiter contacted me by phone to do an initial screening. About one week later the hiring manger called me to set up an onsite interview. The interview consisted of the manager and two other engineers in the group. The questions were straight forward and specific to the job. They do have a series of “situation” or “boiler plate” questions they are required to ask such as describe a time when a project was late and what you did to get it back on track. This group didn’t ask any silly, pointless “if you were a vegetable what kind would you be?” type of questions. The interview lasted an hour and a half. It was supposed to be an hour but the interest level was high from both me and the interviewers so we kept going. I see several negative comments posted but like anything I believe it depends on the hiring manager and the interviewee. My experience was good; it was the type of work I was looking for so it worked out.
    It took about 3 weeks for the hiring manager to get back to me because he had a several people being interviewed. Part of the wait was just waiting on HR to give him the go ahead with the offer. Once I accepted the offer it took another two weeks for to go through the background check and drug screening. The entire process from interview to start date took 7 weeks (with me giving a two week notice to my previous employer).

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when a project failed. How did you recover from the failure?   View Answer
    • Tell us how you handled a difficult team member.   Answer Question
    I accepted the offer outright. For me this was a lateral move salary I was interested in getting out of my previous job and getting back into this type of work.

Worked for Honeywell? Contribute to the Community!