Honeywell

Updated Jan 25, 2015

2.5

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Honeywell in January 2015.

Phone interview was about 15-20 minutes. There were 3 people. Only 2 people asked questions. He started by giving me background information about himself then the company and them the job itself. He then asked my interests in the position and how I am with deadlines..

It was easy

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Honeywell in September 2013.

Initial interview to determine qualification (suitability) then a Site Visit (tour of facility).
    Site visit interview included the Site HR Manager, Site Manager, and Hiring Manager.
    Additional questions and answers with other Quality Engineers during the Site Visit.
    You will also be working with other HR Recruiters from Honeywell, located outside of CA, during the application process.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions regarding experiences, qualifications, certifications, and background.
      Other questions asked were,
      What are your leadership styles?
      What was the most difficult moment in your career and how did you handle the situation?
      Some technical questions regarding knowledge of Quality Assurance (Federal Aviation Requirements, AS9100) and Process Improvements, such as Lean Six Sigma.

Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Honeywell.

First contact with HR source person, 2 weeks later set phone interview with hiring manager, HR called that morning, rescheduled, manager "out of office", interview went well until I realized manager lied after I asked a certain question about ISC, said a decision was a week away, instead got an email from HR two days after phone interview that some one else was picked.

Interview Questions
    • none, I was a really good fit, I am an expert in my field, must be why they wanted my info   Answer Question

Senior Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Honeywell in January 2011.

Submitted my resume via the website portal and followed up with human resources by phone
    panel interview - scheduled with five people
    Receive some interesting questions - a combination of technical, personality, and assertiveness type questions

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary - all was normal for panel interview meaning   View Answer
    Job offer was "Take it or leave it" style. Tried to negotiate benefits vacation salary but there was no room.

Computer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Honeywell in October 2010.

A recruiter submitted my name for a mainframe position. Beyond the normal process, the hiring department called my current (at the time) employer to discuss my performance. It was well known that I was unhappy with my supervisor and wanted a change. It was also well known that I was a very good diplomat. I was hired for my computer expertise AND my diplomacy.

I was hired the next day. One year later, I referred a former associate from the same company; she was hired the day of her interview.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Honeywell in March 2007.

Weekend interview event called Fantastic Friday. The first night included a company presentation by managers to invited interviewees. Touched on some of the work some of the interviewees did as interns. The second day was a tour of the plant with multiple interviews interspersed. Some interviewees reported being asked technical questions while I was only really asked about my interests and background. Not difficult, just being yourself.

Interview Questions
    • What courses did you find most difficult in undgraduate studies?   View Answer