Hong Kong SAR Government

Updated Jul 15, 2014
Updated Jul 15, 2014

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hong Kong SAR Government

Eo II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Hong Kong SAR Government in April 2014.

There are 3 processes, the CRE, JRE and lastly interview. It took around half a year for the whole process. The interview was focusing on your awareness on the current issues and how you tackle unexpected problems in daily work. The interview was in a quite friendly way, but you have to talk properly as a government officer.

Summer Intern Education Bureau Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wan Chai (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wan Chai (Hong Kong)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hong Kong SAR Government in May 2012.

After the submission of the application form to the Education Bureau, I had received a phone call in three days to tell me to come to an interview. The interview was conducted by a panel with 2 senior managers, both Senior Executive Officers. One one round of interview was required. Then I was called to offer the internship after 1 week.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions are about the computer techniques, such as the "v lookup", "email function" and selective paste" of the Microsoft Excel and Word. They would ask you the procedures to do all above techniques.   View Answer

Executive Officier II Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hong Kong SAR Government in March 2010.

Three to One Panel Interview. Conducted in Eng & Cantonese. Asked about Reasons for joining, personal strengths and weaknesses. Critical questions: Scenario questions. e.g. how to handle a difficult HR/staff problems. One question about current affairs.

Interview Questions
    • How to persuade a staff to complete a task s/he does not like.   Answer Question

General Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sha Tin (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sha Tin (Hong Kong)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hong Kong SAR Government in June 2009.

This is just a simple interview since the position is so junior. All the skill test had finished at the first step in the job agency, and the interviewer just accessed my result and asked me the nature, responsibilities and scale of the department. They did not expect I would answer all the question correctly, they rather see me whether would try to answer a question, even thought I answered wrongly. And I was offered eventually.

Interview Questions
    • You have mentioned "Small House" yet, to your knowledge, what does "Small House" mean?   View Answer