Hong Kong SAR Government

Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Intern Education Bureau Interview

Summer Intern Education Bureau
Wan Chai (Hong Kong)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hong Kong SAR Government in May 2012.

Interview Details – After the submission of the application form to the Education Bureau, I had received a phone call in three days to tell me to come to an interview. The interview was conducted by a panel with 2 senior managers, both Senior Executive Officers. One one round of interview was required. Then I was called to offer the internship after 1 week.

Interview Question – The most difficult questions are about the computer techniques, such as the "v lookup", "email function" and selective paste" of the Microsoft Excel and Word. They would ask you the procedures to do all above techniques.   View Answer

Executive Officier II Interview

Executive Officier II

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hong Kong SAR Government in March 2010.

Interview Details – Three to One Panel Interview. Conducted in Eng & Cantonese. Asked about Reasons for joining, personal strengths and weaknesses. Critical questions: Scenario questions. e.g. how to handle a difficult HR/staff problems. One question about current affairs.

Interview Question – How to persuade a staff to complete a task s/he does not like.   Answer Question

General Assistant Interview

General Assistant
Sha Tin (Hong Kong)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Hong Kong SAR Government in June 2009.

Interview Details – This is just a simple interview since the position is so junior. All the skill test had finished at the first step in the job agency, and the interviewer just accessed my result and asked me the nature, responsibilities and scale of the department. They did not expect I would answer all the question correctly, they rather see me whether would try to answer a question, even thought I answered wrongly. And I was offered eventually.

Interview Question – You have mentioned "Small House" yet, to your knowledge, what does "Small House" mean?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Hong Kong SAR Government? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hong Kong SAR Government interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hong Kong SAR Government employees and interview candidates.