Hong Kong University of Science Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hong Kong University of Science

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hong Kong University of Science (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview takes 6 hours in total, 9:30-15:30, including: 1.Case study, about 2 hours. 4 people a group, 10-pages material. 2.technical interview: some understanding about the position 3.commercial interview: watching a video and ask questions 4.motivation interview: most challenge things.

Interview Questions

• after watching a video, ask how to avoid this kind of problem.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Email Interview, then we can judge your quality and ability. We need to see you CV and publications, and then to compare with others and then we need a face interview, and then we have a close meeting, the department will decide to meet with you

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hong Kong University of Science.

Interview

There were two interviews, one on research background and skills. Questions on specific knowledge in electronics area were asked. The other one is mainly about the benefits and personal expectation of the company

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions were encountered. Just basic electronics questions   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hong Kong University of Science.

Interview

The interview is easy and the interviewee didn't ask any question about me and the work I applied for. I was asked what are my majors and how much time I could work for the job. The job offer depends on the CGA you achieve. My case is 3.46.

Interview Questions

• simple and easy questions like what are you majors, how much time you can work each week.   Answer Question

A Member of AIG Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sai Kung (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hong Kong University of Science (Sai Kung (Hong Kong)) in December 2013.

Interview

Please make sure you participate at least three introductory lectures including the plane fabrication workshops and understand the content well. There will be one more criteria for being hired for the team. Hand glider race will be held for member selection. Also, please be aware of the attendance taken at the beginning of the lecture.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dalian, Liaoning (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hong Kong University of Science (Dalian, Liaoning (China)) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview was conducting via Skype scheduled 2 weeks before it happened. 3 of the interviewer sitting in front of the camera asked questions both academically and non-academically. The language being used was English with some words in Chinese when it came to the situation where you need to explain scientific jargon or something like that.

Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hong Kong University of Science.

Interview

The interview process mainly consisted of current professors asking typical questions about what my passions were, what attracted me to HKUST... It was quite formal.

Interview Questions

• Asked about your application in extreme detail- consisted of very in depth questions about weaknesses, suitability...   Answer Question

Got about

Ph D Student Interview

Interview

Admitted via program between HKUST and my undergraduate university. Then choose the supervisor by telephone interview.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember. The questions are all about project experiences. They are all feasible.   Answer Question

Government Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hong Kong University of Science in March 2012.

Interview

impromptu talk and current issues

Interview Questions

• how do you think about the relationship between china and the us?   Answer Question

PhD Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hong Kong University of Science in February 2011.

Interview

group interviewer with several professors