Honoring Women Worldwide Fundraiser Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Honoring Women Worldwide in June 2011.

Wanted to know quantity and quality of my contacts to determine viability of raising the funds needed for the year. Requested a list of people that could be contacted for recommendations. My contacts were asked very pointed questions about me which was not necessary but gave me a clue to how negative staff would be treated at work. All other employers and recruiters have been respectful and courteous when questioning my contacts.

Interview Questions
  • Exact data on previous fundraising missions   View Answer
The founder gave me a low ball offer that was $20K less than standard industry salaries. She was rude and very defense when I showed her what the standard salaries were for the same work. She did come up a little and I took the job because I needed it. Big mistake. She was a micro manager to all employees causing high staff turn over. The mission is what attracts most people to this non profit but the founder ultimately drives employees, board members and donors away because of her judgmental personality.