Hoopis Financial Group

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hoopis Financial Group

Apprenticeship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hoopis Financial Group (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Second Interview: first lady conducted general interview questions, second lady went over the harrison assessment, and I didn't get to talk to the last person during the interview process. They said he left out right as I was going to talk to him. Pretty laid back interview, no questions that were too hard. I thought their offices were pretty nice, and I got along well with the

Interview Questions

Hoopis Financial Group Response

Apr 14, 2015Executive Recruiting Director

Thank you for your input on our selection process! We have designed our interview process to act more like a "conversation" than an "interview". We are happy to see that you felt comfortable and ... More

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hoopis Financial Group.

Interview

Met at campus job fair. Seemed like a good job until I did more research. They seemed to try and get as many students as possible. When I asked some difficult questions regarding turnover rate, potential career growth, and potential losses they seemed very sketchy.

Interview Questions

Extremely high turnover rate in a two year period, lack of potential career growth, and ability to lose money when policy holder terminates contract.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hoopis Financial Group (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I was invited to come in and interview for a Financial Adviser position at Hoopis Financial after being referred by a current employee. I spoke with Christina Walsh who was absolutely wonderful with scheduling and following up while setting the meeting. First impressions were that the office is beautiful and a younger crowd were the majority of people working there. After a short wait I was greeted by Christina where we went into the conference room to being our "interview". The whole process was more like a conversation and was extremely comfortable and actually quite fun and enlightening. After a good 20 minutes of report we finally broke into the material about Hoopis, their mission and what they are all about. Coming from a sales background I was very impressed by the variety of services that Hoopis offers and it was quite an education for me. The entire staff and company history was very intriguing and you can tell was based on good business practice and ethics. I quickly began to see the appeal of a firm such as Hoopis, and this was that the harder you work, the more earning potential you have and the sky is the limit. Their team seemed very motivated and designed to set you up for success. Again, coming from a sales background I learned a lot about the financial industry and had a very solid understanding of what it takes to be a successful adviser at Hoopis. More than anything, Christina is a great first face for Hoopis and is very educated on the company, the job and the overall culture of Hoopis. I felt very confident with the company and the next steps primarily because of Christina's enthusiasm and passion for the company.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever considered going into the finance industry.   1 Answer
    • How I interacted with customers in previous jobs.   1 Answer
    • What type of future I would prefer at Hoopis, more as a Advisor, or move to a Managerial position.   1 Answer

In the end, I felt my experience and talents in sales would be better suited for a company that has a product I have had past experience with (advertising, manufactured goods). Though the earning potential was very appealing, I thought that at this point in my career I would like to build my sales experience and not break into a new industry.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hoopis Financial Group (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

I met with the Hiring Manager for an initial/exploratory interview to learn more about the position. She was very professional, but also casual and the meeting was more of a discussion than an interview. The meeting was informative for myself and for Hoopis to determine if it was a good fit. While the timing was not right for myself to move forward with the interview process, it is a very well run company and a good place to grow a career and be successful.

Interview Questions

• Again, it was more of a meeting rather than an interview process. The discussion provided information about Hoopis, the organization structure, how to be successful, etc...and there were normal questions around my background, experience, skills, etc.....as expected.   Answer Question