Hooters

Updated Feb 22, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hooters in February 2015.

Was a quick 5 minute interview he asked a couple of questions then they said how they are opening a new store and how they have a very flexible schedule. They are also looking for positive girls and most girls have other jobs or are doing other things like modeling or acting. They said no full time everyone picks there own schedule. He was very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself? Why do you want to work for hooters?   View Answer

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hooters.

Went in asked for an application and was interviewed on the spot by the General manager. Interview went smoothly and question where really general. Didn't give much information about follow up process so I had to call in later.

Hooter Girl Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hooters.

I applied online, I recieved a email maybe 2-4 days later telling me when my interview was. I went to my interview. He had a paper/scorecard asking me questions. I think I got all high scores.
    Then he said we could skip scheduling the second interview and do it now so I could try on the uniform.
    So I try on the uniform and I had to get my photo taken.
    Front view and side view.
    They are gonna send it to corporate. He said they do that a lot.
    I changed back into my regular clothing, and he's like alright we will send this to corporate he said look for a follow up email.
    Sooooo I think it went well but I still haven't heard anything yet.

Hooters Girl On the Floor and Bar Interview

They are almost always hiring, you just need to appear confident and dress fashionable. Restaurant experience isn't a must. You just have to show that you have the right personality. It is a lot of work and you always have to keep a smile on.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a fruit, what kinda would you be?   View Answer

Hooter Girl Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hooters.

I applied in person, I filled out the application in the store and was interviewed on the spot. The Interview was super easy! They just want to make sure you work well with people and have the hooter girl look. I had no work experience either! They called me for a second interview with the GM about a week later and it wasn't even an interview. We just went over the employee handbook and talked about scheduling me for my first week.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing I can remember that was difficult at all. They basically just ask about your previous job experiences and ask about yourself and why you want to work for the company. If they call for a second interview, you have the job and talk about scheduling your first day and go over the employee hand book.   Answer Question

Hooter Girl Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hooters.

Quick- I just walked in and told them i was looking to apply. They gave me the app and introduced me to the manager. She asked me a few questions about myself and told me shed get back to me in 2-3 days... Which in my eyes meant NO offer.

Hooters Girl Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hooters in January 2015.

SECOND ENTRY, PLEASE READ THE FIRST ONE BEFORE THIS: The next day (Wed) I got a phone call from another hooters location and it was much much closer to where I live (8 min!) I initially wanted to work there. I answered and the woman was excited to talk to me and she had asked me if I could come in for an interview today. I said sure no problem! She asked me about the photo I submitted online (you upload a photo when you apply online) and she told me to come in looking like that but a little more glamorous. She said if the interview goes well she would like to take a picture of me in the uniform. Of course I knew what to expect at this point. We hung up and then I decided to call back to let her know I was in the interviewing process at another location. She said "oh no. If we do this, it would be considered interfering with their them and it wouldn't be good." She said I would have to choose. I said I'll let you know. After 20 minutes of talking to my friends about what to do, I called her back and asked what kind of girl do they need, full time or just an extra. She asked what I was looking for. I said I needed something completely full time, my schedule is absolutely free. She said that's awesome because she really needs a girl like that. She also said that I could come in for an interview still, and afterwords I would be able to decide which location I wanted to work at. Now I was completely ready and willing to go in for their interview. I told her I would come. I got to this location 20 minutes early (time is everything for me). I was wearing the same printed blouse outfit with the black blazer. The hostess saw me, she jumped up and said you're here for the interview! I said yes and she went and got her. Another girl came over and she said I could sit so I wouldn't feel as awkward and asked if I wanted anything to drink. The woman came out, I got up and shook her hand and it got off to the right start. She was energizing and happy, which made me feel more comfortable. She asked about my previous work and I told her, she gave me the run down of how the girls who work here are the models of the restaurant, they represent the brand. She gave me her pet peeves of how she doesn't like certain things about appearance (dirty nails, wet hair) her main focus was eyes and lips and making your hair glamorous, straight or curly. She then brought over the girl that would be training me and then they asked me to stand up to look at my body shape for the uniform fitting. I briefly mentioned my experience at the other location. She was a little shocked how they did things. I told her I brought tights and shoes and she said, "no worries, we provide everything here". So I went to the bathroom with the trainer to try on the uniform. I put it on and her and another girl helped me wear it correctly. She then brought me to the back of the kitchen where the office was and the woman was happy to see me in the uniform. She helped to get the bunches out of the shirt. Then the trainer and I walked away, where I stood and took three photos. Then we went back, showed the woman the photos and she was pleased. Then I got dressed in my clothes again and went back to talk to the woman. She said that she would like me to come in tomorrow (Thurs) to meet with a man who is the general manager. I said what should I tell the other place and she said just say that you've found something better for you, but try not to mention that you're working at a different one, because it could come off as stealing you. I understood this and said okay, thanks again. So Thursday rolled around and I came in (wearing the green blouse outfit) and asked for the guy. Then the gm came out. He asked me about my previous work and asked if I had taken a photo yet. I told him yes and he went to the back and came out with the camera to look over the photo with me. He said everything looked correct (shorts length, nails, hair) and then he asked me a few more generalized questions. He then stuck his hand out and said he would officially like to offer me the job and I shook his hand accepting it. He asked how my boyfriend felt about me working here and I said he was a little uncomfortable about it. The gm got very serious and said they are an open door policy and I can tell them anything, that they don't put up with any kind of harassment and they maintain a safe environment for the girls. This made me feel much for comfortable. Then he said that I would probably be contacted on Monday for employee paper work and to schedule training. He said he knew that I wanted to work right away and make money so he was pushing for me to be able to do so. He gave me his card and I said thank you and left. I was so happy with the management at this location. I mean, the other place took a whole week and they only took two days!!! I get three uniforms for free, the orange and white one, the black one, and the military camo one) all others are 5$ each.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't any talk about money, but I'm very positive that whatever the waitresses make in tips, is 100% theirs, unless they tip to the bar which would be only 4%, I think.

Hooters Girl Interview

Very easy process. Applied in person & interviewed the same day. I was hired on the spot. Ask basic questions like why hooters, if you were okay with the uniform, your prior experience which doesn't matter. and asked to know about your hobbies because they want every hooter girl to stand out.

Interview Questions
    • The question about myself because I didn't know what they wanted to hear.   Answer Question

Hooter Girl Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hooters in December 2014.

Applied online then was contacted via email to come in for initial interview. Manager just did 2nd interview while I was there then proceeded to schedule me for an audition the following day. Was told what to wear and informed I'd try on uniform and have my pic taken. When I went in the next day I tried on the uniform and then interviewed again by a different manager, but my pic was never taken. After interview they said they would call in 3-5 days. If I didn't hear anything then they still keep app on file for 30 days. So, why didn't they take my pic? I'm confused.

Hooters Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hooters.

Interview was lame, they liked you, and you had experience, you were in. Met with the upper management for second interview. I told them people skills were excellent.

Did not negotiate.