Hooters Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

1.6

Bartender Interview

Initial application had an interview with a manager and then got hired two weeks later. One week training plus tests. Took me about three months to be on the floor as a regular Hooters girl. As soon as I felt like I was ready to bartend I showed more interest for learning the bar. I got trained and passed all my bar tests. Great company to work for.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hooters in January 2010.

I stopped in the restaurant and asked to speak to a manager. The manager on duty gave me an application and I filled it right then and there. After, he said he would give me a call within a couple days for an interview. At the interview, he asked me common restaurant questions based on experience. Then, I was told I was hired and asked my size for hooters girl attire.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable working in an environment that is mostly female? Sometimes cattiness occurs, will you be able to handle that?   Answer Question

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hooters.

Applied online. Called later for an interview. Had a phone interview. Afterwards had a 1:1 interview. It was your standard what would you do and what are your qualifications interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were backed up in the process?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Augusta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Hooters in September 2014.

So I went in Monday for my 1st interview and the manager went ahead and did part 2 of my interview that day. Today I went in for my 3rd interview which is for a fitting. I waited two hours the girl that does the fitting was running late. While I was waiting two other girls came in for their 1st interviews. Once she arrived she sat down with one girl for 15 mins and then went to the next girl and spent the same amount of time with her. Finally she came up to me and said she was sorry she didn't have time for me today and that if they are interested they will call within 3 to 5 days. I said thank you then later called and spoke to the other manager to thank them both for their time and consideration. He said that I should get a call and email either saying congratulations or they will contact me within 3 to 5 days which means they decided to go a different route. With that being said I was confident and super excited before today and now I'm not so sure. ��

Interview Questions
    • So I went in Monday for my 1st interview and the manager went ahead and did part 2 of my interview that day. Today I went in for my 3rd interview which is for a fitting. I waited two hours the girl that does the fitting was running late. While I was waiting two other girls came in for their 1st interviews. Once she arrived she sat down with one girl for 15 mins and then went to the next girl and spent the same amount of time with her. Finally she came up to me and said she was sorry she didn't have time for me today and that if they are interested they will call within 3 to 5 days. I said thank you then later called and spoke to the other manager to thank them both for their time and consideration. He said that I should get a call and email either saying congratulations or they will contact me within 3 to 5 days which means they decided to go a different route. With that being said I was confident and super excited before today and now I'm pretty bummed and not feeling good ab it. Can someone please put my mind at ease or at least prepare me for what may be to come? Thanks ��   View Answer

Hooters Girl Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Hooters in January 2013.

I had a friend who was working there who set up a time with her boss for me to come in and fill out an application. I came in and filled out the application and the general manager interviewed me immediately afterwards. He asked me really basic questions about my previous serving experience and how often I wanted to work. I was hired that day and went back a couple of days later for training.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions. I was never really asked any typical interview questions, just questions about my availability and previous experience.   Answer Question
    There really is no negotiation phase. Its a serving/bartending position in which every girl makes the same hourly rate and makes most of their money off of tips. The only negotiation that may take place is if you want to work specific shifts since girls tend to make more money during certain days and shifts, depending on the location.

Prep Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Destin, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Destin, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Hooters.

Interview number 1 was with a manager I waited 10 minutes for him to come to the table where they sat me. Once he arrived he sat down then walked away again almost 10 minuets later he returned. Asked me a few questions basically made fun of my experience then invited me back to interview with the GM. I returned for the second interview this time with a large poorly presented example of a general manager. The interview lasted moments I was then asked about orientation and when I could start.

Hooter Girl Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person - interviewed at Hooters in July 2011.

They have you fill out your application in the store. I got scheduled for my interview when I turned my application in. Standard interview. They do ask if you are ok with the uniform. They inform you of all the training and everything you will have to purchase ( shoes and alcohol certification) They gave me a full run down of everything during the interview.

Hooter Girl Interview

Do your hair and make up before interview and show your personality. Be sure to smile and be pleasant. If manager don't interview you on the spot, it's safe to say you did not get the job

Interview Questions
    • None. They were all personality and availability questions. There were a few questions about likes and interests but nothing too difficult   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hiram, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hiram, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Hooters in July 2014.

I applied last year in the store dressed up real nice with hair and makeup but I guess they had enough girls or didn't really remember me because I never got a call back. But this year I said why not just go for it again?!:) lol it kinda worked out perfectly for me anyway because I moved back home from college and the hooters is just like 10 mins or less from my house. I've been in such desperate need of a job I just went on a application spree! Lol I already scored one job working as a hostess at IHOP, I've been there almost 3 weeks now but my hours aren't that good and I really need more income. So I had it set in my why not just got get a second job that I can love and work at night, and hooters was literally the first place on my mind! But this time I was gonna be smarter about it so I went online to see what hooters was hiring in my area (I don't have time for that we're always accepting applications lol) so when I looked online the one by my house was hiring! I was soo happy, so I just went ahead applied online and took a lot of time to carefully fill out the application. After I did the application I immediately called the store to let the hiring manager know I put my application in. He was kinda quick with me on the phone, so I got all dolled up and decided to up there and speak with him. ( have copies of your rèsumè just in case) so anyway I make it up there around 12 ish it's still not really busy so I was good! Then as soon as I walk in and ask to speak with the hiring manager (his name is mike) the girl who worked there was like omg your soo cute it's so crazy that your her because we just pulled your application up in the system! I was soo happy to hear that! I was like omg really I didn't even think that would happen so fast. Next thing I know the manager is coming out saying yeah I just seen your application and I already emailed you can you come for an interview on Wednesday? In my mind I was like DUHHH HELL YEAH I CAN COME LMAO! But I just responded yes ofcourse! Keep in mind I came in on a Monday. So now Wednesday is here and I'm all pumped up for my interview but I'm also nervous because I had to work at IHOP that morning and I didn't even get off there till like 1:45 smh so now I'm rushing like crazy trying to get my hair and makeup right for this interview in like 30 mins but all that doesn't even matter! So I make it there on time like 5 mins early the interview went great it was more like a conversation completely relax and just telling him about my work history and my interests. The interview only lasts about 15 mins but he asked me to come back for a part two of their interview process with some other girls and basically to try on the uniform but I also have to go through like a audition where there going to see I how I respond with customers and sell the menu I guess the manager told me not to get too worked up about it but I can't help but think what if I mess up? I never wanted a job sooo bad in my life and now soo close to getting I can almost taste it lol. So anyway I go tmmrw for my uniform fitting and audition wish me luck and feel free to comment any advice I can use all the advice I can get thanks!

Interview Questions
    • He asked me at the end did I have any questions for him?   View Answer
    Just give it your best shot ! This is my second time applying and this is the furthers I've gotten so just never give up on something you really want!

Hostess Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Hooters.

Well I will tell you that they do not always hire on the spot, it just depends how the one in your area works. For me I had 3 interviews. They were really short and easy going actually. The first one was with the GM, I applied for the hooters girl position (waitress) and he said he would like to start me off as a hostess so I Can learn the tables first since I don't have waiting experience. I wore a black skirt with a tanktop tucked into it and some pumps. It looked really nice but make sure you're comfortable. He asked me pretty basic questions and he made sure I knew that hooters girls are entertainers ( don't freak out though, you just serve food and chat with customers and they say you hoola hoop but I heard no one really does that often the one I applied at) then the 2nd interview I was with another manger and he just asked me some basic questions he was even more laid back and he cracked a few jokes and told me I would be hired. Then he put me for a 3rd interview, turns out I go there and I already answered all the questions (and this guy didn't seem that interested in me but he was functioning on two hours of sleep) He told me he would call in 3-5 business days and The gm called the next day and that's when I tried on the uniform and he took a picture of me (They take a picture of all the girls when hired) and said he would make sure it was okay with the district manger to hire me, and a week after that he called and emailed my papers and I got the job! I'm going to my training in a few days. The process was horribly long but it just depends.. Also sorry for the grammar errors! It's 5am but I didn't want to forget to post this, I hope I help someone.

Also this is my first job.(:
    Oh and for the other two interviews I wore black dresses for each and some flats.

Interview Questions
    • How would you suggestively sell something   View Answer

Worked for Hooters? Contribute to the Community!