Horace Mann Claims Counselor Interview Questions

Updated Oct 29, 2014

2.0

Claims Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Horace Mann in October 2014.

Interview

I submitted a resume to the company and was called a few days later about setting and a time for an interview, which we set for the next day. The time for the interview came and went and about 15 minutes later the girl in HR called me saying the manager was sick. We set another time for the next day, but a few minutes later the girl in HR called me back saying that manager would still be out could we set the interview for Monday? I needed a job so of course it was no problem, but i was starting to see why this company had such terrible reviews on here.

Well Monday at interview time I get nothing. Not a call. So I email the girl in HR to advise her of this, thinking that maybe Columbus day may have messed the schedule up. She emails back apologizing, again, and says she will reset it. So a few days go by and I do not hear anything. So I email her again asking when it would be set up. later that day she emails and said it would be in two days at 3xx with so and so. The day and time comes... and passes... and nothing. About 15 minutes later I get a call from the team manager. We talk for about 30 minutes and it all seems good. He has the HR girl send me the assessments and secondary job application. I do all of that promptly and sent it back.

It is now Wednesday and I have not heard anything so I email the HR girl again to confirm it has been received. A few hours later I get an email back saying. "Thanks for applying, but...." So it appears to me that they ran me through the ringer and were never going to even tell me I did not get it until i made it a point to ask.

My only assumption, which I base off of the employee reviews, is that they felt like I would leave quickly because I was coming from a company, State Farm, which does a great job taking care of employees. I guess they want people who have never seen a company do that.

Interview Questions

• What was the most dificult part of your previous claims job?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Horace Mann

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Horace Mann (Morrisville, NC).

Interview

It's been awhile, but from what I can remember, I submitted my resume online. A few weeks later I received a call to come in and take a test. After passing the first test I took a second test. After passing the second test I was interviewed. I was called a week or so later and offered the job starting two weeks after that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Horace Mann (Irving, TX) in June 2009.

Interview

phone interview and in person interview.... took 2 weeks

Interview Questions