Horace Mann

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Asset Management Analyst Interview

Springfield, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Horace Mann in February 2013.

Interview Details – Initial interview was by a recruiter, then a follow-up phone interview by same recruiter. Following the phone interview, I was interviewed by a management panel and asked to submit a drug test and background check. Training was 1 month long.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not given the opportunity to negotiate, though I did ask.

Very Easy Interview

Claims Counselor Interview

Claims Counselor
Morrisville, NC

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Horace Mann.

Interview Details – It's been awhile, but from what I can remember, I submitted my resume online. A few weeks later I received a call to come in and take a test. After passing the first test I took a second test. After passing the second test I was interviewed. I was called a week or so later and offered the job starting two weeks after that.

Claims Counselor Interview

Claims Counselor
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Horace Mann in June 2009.

Interview Details – phone interview and in person interview.... took 2 weeks

Interview Question – what are your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Springfield, IL

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Horace Mann in March 2012.

Interview Details – The first interview was conducted over the phone with an in-house recruiter. It was fairly relaxed and she was very pleasant. I was invited to a 2nd interview a few days later. During this interview I met with an accounting supervisor and a manager. They asked me the basic interview questions plus questions about the processes I would use. Overall, not a good position for an aspiring CPA.

Interview Question – How did you make an impact during your internship?   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Springfield, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Horace Mann in July 2011.

Interview Details – I was called at 5PM and offered asked to come in at 9AM the next day to interview, so they gave very little time to prepare. The 9AM interview was a recruiter screening, and they asked me to come back later in the day to interview with the hiring manager. The interview itself was fairly straightforward: I met some of the engineers and they asked engineering related questions concerning database design and rapid development techniques. They gave me one programming problem to work out on paper, but it was also pretty easy. The interview went well, but it would have gone much better if I had been more prepared.

Interview Question – What is the difference between an interface and an abstract class and when would you use each?   Answer Question

IT Training and Communications Interview

Springfield, IL

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Horace Mann in April 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR. 1:1 interview with HR. Several group/panel interviews. 1:1 interview with hiring manager. Basic interview and questions - why Horace Mann - what do you know about the company - how do you handle difficult situations - how do you work with employees who may not want to participate in any training you are offering - how do you make a change every day?

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on vacation days. Go for the best rate you can coming in!

Engineer Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed at Horace Mann in March 2012.

Interview Details – Testing account

Interview Question – What's the respond to an agnry client?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Horace Mann? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Horace Mann interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Horace Mann employees and interview candidates.