Horace Mann

Horace Mann Interview Questions in Springfield, IL

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

IT Asset Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Horace Mann in February 2013.

Initial interview was by a recruiter, then a follow-up phone interview by same recruiter. Following the phone interview, I was interviewed by a management panel and asked to submit a drug test and background check. Training was 1 month long.

Interview Questions
    I was not given the opportunity to negotiate, though I did ask.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Horace Mann in March 2012.

The first interview was conducted over the phone with an in-house recruiter. It was fairly relaxed and she was very pleasant. I was invited to a 2nd interview a few days later. During this interview I met with an accounting supervisor and a manager. They asked me the basic interview questions plus questions about the processes I would use. Overall, not a good position for an aspiring CPA.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Horace Mann in July 2011.

I was called at 5PM and offered asked to come in at 9AM the next day to interview, so they gave very little time to prepare. The 9AM interview was a recruiter screening, and they asked me to come back later in the day to interview with the hiring manager. The interview itself was fairly straightforward: I met some of the engineers and they asked engineering related questions concerning database design and rapid development techniques. They gave me one programming problem to work out on paper, but it was also pretty easy. The interview went well, but it would have gone much better if I had been more prepared.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between an interface and an abstract class and when would you use each?   Answer Question

IT Training and Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Horace Mann in April 2010.

Phone interview with HR. 1:1 interview with HR. Several group/panel interviews. 1:1 interview with hiring manager. Basic interview and questions - why Horace Mann - what do you know about the company - how do you handle difficult situations - how do you work with employees who may not want to participate in any training you are offering - how do you make a change every day?

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with people who are not interested in any of the training you have to offer?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Horace Mann?   Answer Question
    No negotiation on vacation days. Go for the best rate you can coming in!