Horizon Air

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Flight Attendant

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Horizon Air in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, make sure you use internet explorer, not firefox. I received an email requesting more information and was told to expect a phone call. I did not get a call until 2 days before the interview in Portland in June 2014. I took 2 days off work and drove 7 hours one way to be there. Everyone says they want great customer service.

Interview Question – Question was asked what was the most difficult customer service situation you have ever been involved in and how did you solve it. Answer in 90 seconds. One of the people picked to go on started by saying I have never has a job, but I was on a committee at my sorority. I think they want young attractive individuals or Spanish speakers.   Answer Question

Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Horizon Air in June 2014.

Interview Details – You first apply online. Next you get sent a questionnaire through email, fill it out and send it back. In the email it will ask when the best time to call you is and at some point you will be receive a random phone interview. The phone interview is just basic questions. Nothing serious what so ever. At the end of the phone call they invite you to a group interview.

The first hour to hour and a half is a orientation. They basically try and talk to you out of the job by telling you the nitty gritty. After the orientation is a break, you are then split into two large groups. They first have you talk to the person sitting next to you and discuss "What was your favorite position, and why?". After 5 minutes they have you stand and introduce yourself to the group, again saying what your favorite position was and why...

After introductions, you are giving random cards with customer service questions...
Customers with difficult demands...
A situation when you over promised...

After those questions, you are split up into groups of 3-4 and asked to come up with a service that would benefit Horizon Airlines. "What is the product and how would you market it?" Take turns presenting...

After presentations, they deliberate and individuals are then invited back for two on one interviews later that day. In my two on one they ask about if the salary is okay with you, what bases you would prefer... And then just more customer service questions. They are all "Tell me a time when...".

My interview lasted from 8AM to 430PM. Its a long process, so be prepared and make friends.

Interview Question – Tell about time when you were overwhelmed and what you did about it?   Answer Question

Portland, OR

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Horizon Air.

Interview Details – Back when I interviewed 12 years ago...It was a large cattle call start, got broken into groups of fifteen to twenty people, we were asked to share situations that were difficult but we turned them around into a positive experience. After that you were either asked to stay or let go. Then some role playing with the people that were left. Again people were either asked to stay or let go. After that one on one interviews took place with two managers. I believe it is different now though.

Interview Question – There wasn't anything that I considered unexpected. Most questions are customer service related. Be prepared to give examples from your own life and experiences. They are looking for people who are confident and well spoken without being brash. Keep smiling and be pleasant...do not be shy, you need to be able to command a cabin of people who are looking to you for direction and safety.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiating...the pay is what it is

Spokane, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Horizon Air in May 2012.

Interview Details – A 3rd party screening company posted the job and then quickly called qualified applicants by phone to ensure they met the minimum age and customer service requirements. (1 week) If they determined your resume and phone screen met the quals, you were invited to participate in an upcoming "group" all-day interview process. (2-3 weeks)
The first 90 minutes were current employees talking about their jobs and watching a marketing video, an overview of pay, hours, expectations, uniforms, etc. Then those who changed their minds were told to leave--rest could stay.
Next we had group presentations and then spontaneous questions. We had to read and answer prewritten random questions in front of the group about how we overcame various sticky situations in other jobs
They then left the room for about 30 minutes and left us sitting there with nothing to do. When they came back, they called out 3-4 names of those they wished to do individual interviews with and sent the other 15 of us home and told us to wait 6 months before reapplying.

In my group they passed on every single bright, educated leader/professional and chose the young mother of 3 with no education, a recent bi-lingual graduate with no experience and 1 of their own employees transferring from baggage. It was all rather disappointing and abrupt--and this was the 2nd time I've seen them do this process. Don't waste your time for the barely-there pay and ridiculous scheduling/stand-by status that you will have to endure for at least 2-5 years.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to relocate to Portland for a period of time, then relocate again after a few months to 1 of three anticipated domiciles (Boise, ID Spokane, WA or Medford, OR) within 2 days?   Answer Question

Portland, OR

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Horizon Air in November 2011.

Interview Details – This is an update for the first phase of interviews, the phone interview. My phone interview experience went well! The recruiter was extremely friendly. A few questions they asked me:
1.) Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond for a customer?
3.) Do you enjoy goal driven environments and companies?
4.) What are you other involvements? -ex. community service

I am moving forward to the group interview tomorrow. I am pretty nervous. This is a completely different type of interview experience. I will update later after the group interview, which is suppose to last all day in Portland, OR.

Interview Questions

• 1.) Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
  • 2.) How do you work with a challenging work deadline or goal? How do you work through it?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Horizon Air

Worked for Horizon Air? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Horizon Air Flight Attendant interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Horizon Air employees and interview candidates.