Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey

Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2014
Updated Aug 13, 2014

Marketing Manager Interview

If your application has been selected for an interview, a member of the department’s hiring team will contact you to set up a time. (If you don’t live in Newark, initial interviews may be conducted by phone.) Now, this is your chance to do some background research and to gather together everything you need to come to the interview confident and prepared.

Product Administration Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey in January 2010.

Hiring process was fairly thorough with a series of interviews and tests. Different representatives from HR and hiring department are heavily involved. Interviews were lengthy and emphasized questions on previous work experience.

Business Process Improvement Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey.

I applied online and got an email to schedule a phone interview within a 3-4 weeks. Spoke with an HR hiring manager for initial vetting for 30-4 0min, and afterwards was told I seemed like a good fit, and they'd like me to come in for an in-person interview. The in person interview was scheduled as a full-day interview, with two 1hr meetings with two different managers within the department, followed by a 3 hour case study. The case study consisted of 2 parts, the first part which was supposed to take about 2 hours, and the second part 1 hour. A good knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Visio was helpful for the case studies. After the full-day interview, I was sent a link to complete a critical & analytical thinking assessment from my own computer, which was to take 30-45min. After 2-3 days, I got a followup from HR saying that I had scored well on the case study and that the team would like me to come in for a final round of interviews. This time around, I met with the department director and the manager I would be reporting to, followed by a meeting with the HR hiring manager. The next morning I received a call from HR with a verbal offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the biggest challenges you had in a recent project. Did the project turn out successful or not?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Contacted by Human resource office, interview set up in one week

none

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey in January 2014.

Multiple interviews with various decision makers

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey in September 2012.

In person interview with the Director, Manager and a Project Manager. Normal questions, no tricks. Job description was great and what was expected was in detail.

Benefit Specialist Interview

I had a phone interview

Call Center Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wall, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wall, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey in August 2013.

It goes in the following order: phone screening, testing, then formal interview. All steps went fairly easy. WIth background check, it all took about a month before I got my call back letting me know my start date.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a call when the member is very upset because a claim hasn't paid out?   Answer Question
    First told it would be about $15 an hour. During the formal interview, they stated it would be about $16-17 an hour. Last offer was $18. I took the offer without a second guess.

Senior Compliance Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey in November 2013.

Applied then two months later passed phone screen. Two in person interviews within 3 weeks with supervisors and the department head. They were obscure in the questions and evasive when I asked in-depth questions about the role, repeatedly saying the staff I'd oversee were seasoned and set in their ways to expect pushback if any changes. They seemed interested in me. I followed up per protocol with thank you's and phoned several times over a 6-wk period without a response. Finally after nearly two months get they replied they went with someone else. Perhaps they simply were meeting quotas with no intent to hiring anyone.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you handle a difficult staff member.   View Answer

Test Analyst Interview

It was good and friendly

Worked for Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey? Contribute to the Community!