Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey

Engaged Employer

Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

RN I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey.

Interview

Applied online. Phone interview with HR first. We discussed past work experience and salary requirments. I was then called in for an interview. Interviewed with 2 managers. Very laid back but professional.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses? What do you know about the company? Why do you want to work here? How do you stay organized?   Answer Question

RN Pre Cert Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey.

Interview

Had a phone interview then was called back about a week later and an interview was set up with HR and sup/manager. A weak later HR called to offer the position.

Assistant General Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (Newark, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

I was initially contacted by Human Resources after having previously submitted my resume for another position. There were two phone screen interviews with Human Resources to discuss my prior experience. After a week, I spoke to Human Resources again for a follow up interview. Communication with HR was prompt, clear and friendly. They explained why the last person left the position and what the company was seeking going forward. After an exchange of emails, HR scheduled an in-person interview 2 weeks out. They provided detailed directions to their offices and a meeting agenda. At the conclusion of the meeting, HR provided an estimate of when an answer would be provided. A salary range and benefits package was also provided at the beginning of the interview (which were low for the industry). Potential paths for career development within the company were also discussed.

Interview Questions

• Questions ranged from representative accomplishments, town where I lived, what would my best friend say are my best and worst qualities, and why I left my last position of employment.   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey.

Interview

Phone screen with a recruiter - think was also a consultant - not impressed at all - didn't seem to have read my resume previously and wasn't very engaged or interested in anything other than the "norm".

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

If your application has been selected for an interview, a member of the department’s hiring team will contact you to set up a time. (If you don’t live in Newark, initial interviews may be conducted by phone.) Now, this is your chance to do some background research and to gather together everything you need to come to the interview confident and prepared.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey.

Interview

I applied online and got an email to schedule a phone interview within a 3-4 weeks. Spoke with an HR hiring manager for initial vetting for 30-4 0min, and afterwards was told I seemed like a good fit, and they'd like me to come in for an in-person interview. The in person interview was scheduled as a full-day interview, with two 1hr meetings with two different managers within the department, followed by a 3 hour case study. The case study consisted of 2 parts, the first part which was supposed to take about 2 hours, and the second part 1 hour. A good knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Visio was helpful for the case studies. After the full-day interview, I was sent a link to complete a critical & analytical thinking assessment from my own computer, which was to take 30-45min. After 2-3 days, I got a followup from HR saying that I had scored well on the case study and that the team would like me to come in for a final round of interviews. This time around, I met with the department director and the manager I would be reporting to, followed by a meeting with the HR hiring manager. The next morning I received a call from HR with a verbal offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe the biggest challenges you had in a recent project. Did the project turn out successful or not?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Contacted by Human resource office, interview set up in one week

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Business Process Improvment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (Newark, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

First a phone screening. Then you come in for a hour long interview with a manger then 3 hour long difficult exam followed by an hour long interview with another manager. Then when you get home you have an hour long Hogan Business exam.After that they have you come in and meet with either 1 or 2 directors.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest accomplishment. Lots of behavioral questions. Tell me about a time you faced conflict...   Answer Question

Benefit Specialist Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview

Test Analyst Interview

Interview

It was good and friendly