Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2015
Updated Mar 11, 2015

IT Consultant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey.

Phone screen with a recruiter - think was also a consultant - not impressed at all - didn't seem to have read my resume previously and wasn't very engaged or interested in anything other than the "norm".

Marketing Manager Interview

If your application has been selected for an interview, a member of the department’s hiring team will contact you to set up a time. (If you don’t live in Newark, initial interviews may be conducted by phone.) Now, this is your chance to do some background research and to gather together everything you need to come to the interview confident and prepared.

Business Process Improvement Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey.

I applied online and got an email to schedule a phone interview within a 3-4 weeks. Spoke with an HR hiring manager for initial vetting for 30-4 0min, and afterwards was told I seemed like a good fit, and they'd like me to come in for an in-person interview. The in person interview was scheduled as a full-day interview, with two 1hr meetings with two different managers within the department, followed by a 3 hour case study. The case study consisted of 2 parts, the first part which was supposed to take about 2 hours, and the second part 1 hour. A good knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Visio was helpful for the case studies. After the full-day interview, I was sent a link to complete a critical & analytical thinking assessment from my own computer, which was to take 30-45min. After 2-3 days, I got a followup from HR saying that I had scored well on the case study and that the team would like me to come in for a final round of interviews. This time around, I met with the department director and the manager I would be reporting to, followed by a meeting with the HR hiring manager. The next morning I received a call from HR with a verbal offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the biggest challenges you had in a recent project. Did the project turn out successful or not?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Contacted by Human resource office, interview set up in one week

none

Benefit Specialist Interview

I had a phone interview

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey in January 2014.

Multiple interviews with various decision makers

Test Analyst Interview

It was good and friendly

Senior Compliance Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey in November 2013.

Applied then two months later passed phone screen. Two in person interviews within 3 weeks with supervisors and the department head. They were obscure in the questions and evasive when I asked in-depth questions about the role, repeatedly saying the staff I'd oversee were seasoned and set in their ways to expect pushback if any changes. They seemed interested in me. I followed up per protocol with thank you's and phoned several times over a 6-wk period without a response. Finally after nearly two months get they replied they went with someone else. Perhaps they simply were meeting quotas with no intent to hiring anyone.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you handle a difficult staff member.   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey in September 2013.

Very good the person was very polite explained the job in details and all the perks for working in Horizon. Second day Interviews with the hiring manager and another manager.

Informatics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey.

the recruiter works very efficiently. Even if I failed the interview, he still contacts me and gave me some feedback. I think they have the best recruiter I have ever seen. The managers are also very nice.
    They have the standard skill tests on the computer.

Interview Questions
    • they have the test for reading and adding your own comments, which I didn't expect.   Answer Question