Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey

28 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Administration Consultant Interview

Product Administration Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey in January 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process was fairly thorough with a series of interviews and tests. Different representatives from HR and hiring department are heavily involved. Interviews were lengthy and emphasized questions on previous work experience.

Interview Question – Situational question regarding a specific situation.   Answer Question

Business Process Improvement Analyst Interview

Business Process Improvement Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey.

Interview Details – I applied online and got an email to schedule a phone interview within a 3-4 weeks. Spoke with an HR hiring manager for initial vetting for 30-4 0min, and afterwards was told I seemed like a good fit, and they'd like me to come in for an in-person interview. The in person interview was scheduled as a full-day interview, with two 1hr meetings with two different managers within the department, followed by a 3 hour case study. The case study consisted of 2 parts, the first part which was supposed to take about 2 hours, and the second part 1 hour. A good knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Visio was helpful for the case studies. After the full-day interview, I was sent a link to complete a critical & analytical thinking assessment from my own computer, which was to take 30-45min. After 2-3 days, I got a followup from HR saying that I had scored well on the case study and that the team would like me to come in for a final round of interviews. This time around, I met with the department director and the manager I would be reporting to, followed by a meeting with the HR hiring manager. The next morning I received a call from HR with a verbal offer.

Interview Question – Describe the biggest challenges you had in a recent project. Did the project turn out successful or not?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey

Interview Details – Contacted by Human resource office, interview set up in one week

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Manager Interview

Manager
Newark, NJ

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey in January 2014.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews with various decision makers

Interview Question – How do you handle conflict with colleagues?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator
Newark, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey in September 2012.

Interview Details – In person interview with the Director, Manager and a Project Manager. Normal questions, no tricks. Job description was great and what was expected was in detail.

Interview Question – There really weren't any trick questions.   Answer Question

Benefit Specialist Interview

Benefit Specialist

Interview Details – I had a phone interview

Call Center Service Associate Interview

Call Center Service Associate
Wall, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey in August 2013.

Interview Details – It goes in the following order: phone screening, testing, then formal interview. All steps went fairly easy. WIth background check, it all took about a month before I got my call back letting me know my start date.

Interview Question – How do you handle a call when the member is very upset because a claim hasn't paid out?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – First told it would be about $15 an hour. During the formal interview, they stated it would be about $16-17 an hour. Last offer was $18. I took the offer without a second guess.

Senior Compliance Auditor Interview

Senior Compliance Auditor
Newark, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied then two months later passed phone screen. Two in person interviews within 3 weeks with supervisors and the department head. They were obscure in the questions and evasive when I asked in-depth questions about the role, repeatedly saying the staff I'd oversee were seasoned and set in their ways to expect pushback if any changes. They seemed interested in me. I followed up per protocol with thank you's and phoned several times over a 6-wk period without a response. Finally after nearly two months get they replied they went with someone else. Perhaps they simply were meeting quotas with no intent to hiring anyone.

Interview Question – Tell me how you handle a difficult staff member.   View Answer

Test Analyst Interview

Test Analyst

Interview Details – It was good and friendly

Customer Service Representative/Enrollment Specialist Interview

Customer Service Representative/Enrollment Specialist
Newark, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey in March 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was three part interview testing group interview and final interview with manager

Interview Question – questions are always based on the job title and if you are a team player and what can you bring to the company   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey

Worked for Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey? Contribute to the Community!