Horizon Media

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.7

Assistant Digital Planner Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Horizon Media.

The whole process took a long time because every time I spoke with the recruiter about an open position, it ended up getting filled before I could even come in for an interview. It felt like a big relief when I finally was able to come into the office, but after all of that they ended up just hiring someone internally. Though I was not offered a position, the company culture was really great and everyone I spoke with was extremely nice. I just wish the process after going through the whole process I would have had a better outcome.

Assistant Brand Strategist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Horizon Media in October 2014.

Very quick phone interview let to immediate in-person interview. Hour and a half interview with a quick and easy quiz on basic media planning questions, percents and fractions. The employees were very personable when interviewing with each person on the team. HR took about a week to get back to me to set up a phone interview though.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Horizon Media in October 2014.

Horizon had this long and dragged out process for interviewing. I was quickly phoned after applying within two days, however, it shouldn't take close to two weeks between interviews. This company seems to be very disorganized and I quickly realized that it's all hype. If a company has interest in interviewing someone, shouldn't they take more initiative? They made it seem like it's an honor working at Horizon and I should be thankful that I am getting some interest. When I felt like that, I said that I don't want to work here. I'm glad I accepted a job with another agency who is miles better than Horizon.

Interview Questions
    • Why do I want to work here?
      What do I bring to the table?
      Where did I go to school?
      Can I handle deadlines?
      Where did I go to college?
      What do I like about or know about planning?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Horizon Media.

There was a quick and easy media math quiz on basic percentages. I interviewed with HR, followed by two different employees for two different accounts. HR had some great questions to get the ball rolling, but the others didn't seem to know what to ask. The second was extremely rude and appeared completely disinterested as I spoke about my experience, often staring out the window at the other employees passing by. Overall, not my best experience. The employees only appeared friendly to clients, not even to each other and appeared cliquey.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest mistake you've made and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • How would you prioritize a bunch of tasks that you do not know how to perform?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Horizon Media.

Applied online and was contacted by someone in HR to schedule a phone interview. Very brief, he only asked a few questions about my experience. Phone call lasted no longer than 10 minutes. I felt he didn't want to be there.

Social Media Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Horizon Media in May 2014.

HR reached out to me online. I asked two simple questions around compensation and length of engagement. It went downhill from there quickly. HR either didn't know (or was simply refusing to answer) basic information like salary, start dates and end dates (for a freelance/contract position). HR didn't seem to like it when I replied as vaguely as they did, repeating my request for basic information. HR then dropped off, communications-wise.

Interview Questions
    • HR should learn to not answer questions with questions, especially around compensation.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Horizon Media.

I applied through an employee referral. Got an interview a week after. The process took less than a week. I was interviewed by senior strategists. They wanted the candidate to be passionate, proactive, and know analytical tools

Interview Questions
    • What are some analytical tools related to Marketing you have used ?   Answer Question

Assistant Media Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Horizon Media.

Applied online and didn't hear back. Waited a little less than two weeks before following up. After sending a follow up e-mail, I got a response for a phone interview. 2-3 days after the phone interview I got a call back to come in for an interview the following week. Didn't hear back after that.

Interview Questions
    • How does your past experiences relate to the position?   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Strategist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Horizon Media.

Very nice team. Interviewed with everyone on the team in digital since the client specific teams are so small. More of a 'get to know you' session than a formal interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you explain what our company does to a 5 year old?   Answer Question

Assistant Digital Planner Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Horizon Media in February 2014.

Connected via LinkedIn and a phone interview