Horizon Science Academy - Toledo

2 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Music Teacher Interview

Toledo, OH

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Horizon Science Academy - Toledo in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted about a week before my interview by the Dean of Students to set up my interview. I made the 3.5 hour drive to Toledo and met with the Director and the Dean of Students. The director was quite hard to understand, as he had a thick Turkish accent. However, he was a very friendly man, and I liked talking with them. The school was pretty new, and it was on the 4th floor of a building downtown, so that was a different experience than my other school interviews. After they asked about 10 questions, they said they were prepared to offer me the job. I was very surprised that I wasn't going to be called back for a second interview, so I had to think about accepting the job right away. They were starting school in less than a week, so I didn't have very much time to prepare for the year. However, I enjoyed the staff I worked with, and it was a good learning experience.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was how I would calm students down when I had classes right after lunch, recess, etc. I had never been asked that before, so I had to think quickly for a good answer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered 30,250 for the year, and I came back and asked for 34,000. Unfortunately, this was my first year teaching full time, so I didn't have the experience for that much money. Also, the school is part of a corporation, so I couldn't really negotiate with that particular school.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Network Administrative Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Horizon Science Academy - Toledo in August 2009.

Interview Details – phone interview
1:1 interview

Interview Question – tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Horizon Science Academy - Toledo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Horizon Science Academy - Toledo interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Horizon Science Academy - Toledo employees and interview candidates.