Horizon Science Academy - Toledo

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Horizon Science Academy - Toledo

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Horizon Science Academy - Toledo in August 2013.

Applied on Monster.com. Received phone call for in-person interview. Did first interview and told what position paid. Received phone call for second interview within 2 days. Did second interview with instructional coordinator and dean of students. Received offer for position via email with salary. Sent email with salary counter offer. Received acceptance of my offer.

Interview Questions
    Negotiate the terms of contract offered.

Music Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Horizon Science Academy - Toledo in August 2011.

I was contacted about a week before my interview by the Dean of Students to set up my interview. I made the 3.5 hour drive to Toledo and met with the Director and the Dean of Students. The director was quite hard to understand, as he had a thick Turkish accent. However, he was a very friendly man, and I liked talking with them. The school was pretty new, and it was on the 4th floor of a building downtown, so that was a different experience than my other school interviews. After they asked about 10 questions, they said they were prepared to offer me the job. I was very surprised that I wasn't going to be called back for a second interview, so I had to think about accepting the job right away. They were starting school in less than a week, so I didn't have very much time to prepare for the year. However, I enjoyed the staff I worked with, and it was a good learning experience.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was how I would calm students down when I had classes right after lunch, recess, etc. I had never been asked that before, so I had to think quickly for a good answer.   View Answer
    I was offered 30,250 for the year, and I came back and asked for 34,000. Unfortunately, this was my first year teaching full time, so I didn't have the experience for that much money. Also, the school is part of a corporation, so I couldn't really negotiate with that particular school.

Network Administrative Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Horizon Science Academy - Toledo in August 2009.

phone interview