Horizon Well Logging - Oklahoma Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2015

1.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Horizon Well Logging - Oklahoma

Logging Geologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Horizon Well Logging - Oklahoma.

Interview

The interview for the job I applied for was fairly straight forward. I arranged for a phone interview with a recruiter at their headquarters a few days after applying online. The interviewer asked a series of questions on my background, education, and overall career goals. No behavioral questions were asked. I feel that it was a relatively easy interview since I felt confident and prepared.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your senior thesis.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations were held.

Application

Interview

Phone interview followed by a mailed packet. Phone interview conducted by person who you may never meet, but generally in the region your expecting to work in. It is a relatively easy process but at this time the company doesnt seem to be hiring as the price of oil has gone down.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Logging Geologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Horizon Well Logging - Oklahoma (Tulsa, OK) in November 2014.

Interview

I sent Horizon a cover letter, resume and college transcripts, I was scheduled for a phone interview a day or so later. The phone interview lasted 30 minutes or so and covered my educational experience and research. An easy interview if you are confident in you abilities. I was sent an application package which included an application for employment and forms for background screening. An offer letter appeared in my email a couple of days after returning the application package.

Do not expect any salary negotiation, you either accept their offer or you do not.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a mud logger/geologist?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Mudlogger Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Horizon Well Logging - Oklahoma.

Interview

I applied online and received an email requesting a phone interview 2 days later. 90 minutes after that phone interview I received a job offer email, in which I had 3 days to accept or reject. I originally accepted and was told to purchase a plane ticket to Tulsa, and I would be reimbursed. I did so and attended training. Horizon paid for a motel for you to stay at and you are in a run-down motel room with a roommate and one full size bed and a couch. Day one of the training, you are escorted to a lab for a drug test. Then there is classroom training, safety training and mock rig training when you are in a trailer analyzing samples. This was not difficult at all, but after seeing the trailers you are expected to live and work in, and learning that getting days off was more or less a lottery, I decided not to take the job. I got a ride to the airport and no reimbursement for my flight as promised.

Interview Questions

• Questions were if I knew what a well logger did, questions about previous employment, why did I want to be a mudlogger, how well did I do in sed/strat. I was asked about my skills in identifying minerals and rocks. Nothing really out of left field.   Answer Question

Salary and working conditions was not high enough to justify relocating to Oklahoma.

Logging Geologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Horizon Well Logging - Oklahoma.

Interview

I interviewed online at Monster.com. I was then contacted by the recruiter to schedule an interview.Got interviewed by 3 people via the phone and follows by an email offer.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are behavior questions plus a question about if I've had any experience on the rig, and another question about how I felt about working outdoor.   Answer Question

Mudlogger Interview

Interview

phone interview and got hired the same day

Mud Logger Interview

Application

Interview

Phone interview and hired a few days later.

Logging Geologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Horizon Well Logging - Oklahoma (Tulsa, OK) in September 2013.

Interview

Easy phone call, a few questions to verify that you are who and what you say that you are, and an offer letter. They are pretty desperate for new hires. Interviewer was friendly, and informative. Most of my co-workers had a similar experience. Training in Tulsa was easy and the only people I know to have been rejected were unable to pass a drug test.

Negotiation

There was none, they wanted me to show up in Tulsa in 3 days, and I told them i could not make it. The gave me another month.

Mudlogger Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Horizon Well Logging - Oklahoma.

Interview

I initially emailed the company in early August. I had a friend who worked for the company and he was really positive about the whole thing. I didn't hear back until mid-September. After numerous emails back and forth, I was interviewed in mid-November and finally officially offered a position in December. I was formally hired mid-January. The interview was really great. The interviewer was friendly, positive, and responded quickly to any of the questions that I had. It was very conversational overall and a really good experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you determine the number of spherical marbles you could place in a hexagonal container?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was simply: this is the position, this is the pay, this is what you'd be doing, this is where you'll be doing it. Horizon isn't really big on negotiation. They want you to be flexible but aren't themselves at all.

Interview

very pleasant interview. Conversation based instead of a question/answer format. Lasted around forty minutes. questions ranged from personality questions, past experience, and situational questions. Provoked an honest interview, wanting to hire the appropriate candidate.