Hormel Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2015
Updated Apr 4, 2015

2.9

Associate Maintenance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hormel.

Interview

Applied on campus first. Then a phone interview. The first interviewer during the onsite interview was late. Then I had to drive to three separate locations. Then the rejection letter didn't have the position I interviewed for on it.

Associate Maintenance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hormel.

Interview

I applied online after talking to the campus recruiter. Then I had a phone interview a two weeks after my on campus interview. After the phone interview I was flown out to their headquarters for the onsite interview. The process seemed a bit rushed.

Associate Maintenance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hormel (Austin, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

I met with an HR representative at a college career fair where we scheduled an on campus interview. This first interview was very informal; however, there were a few structured questions. A few days later I received an email to schedule a phone interview. I talked with the HR representative from the career fair booth for approximately thirty minutes. This was much more structured than the previous interview. Finally, I was invited to spend a day at their corporate office for a third interview. This process was more of a 'get to know you' type interview. I spoke with three different Hormel employees where they really helped me understand what it takes to be successful with Hormel. Overall, I was very pleased with the entire process and felt they took my candidacy very seriously.

Production Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hormel (Austin, MN).

Interview

Met recruiter at Job Fair in college. Traveled to Corp Headquarters in Austin, Mn. for job interview. Interview was easy, The interviewers put on their best face. Would have preferred to visit with normal production supervisors to get their input and views about working at Hormel. Maybe the picture painted by the interviewer would be different than the actual details given.

Interview Questions

• Past achievements. If I was willing to re-locate. Personal history...single, married, etc.   Answer Question

Consumer Product Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hormel.

Interview

College recruiter interview process happened on campus the next day after the career fair. Pretty informal setting--a bunch of other companies interviewing at the same time in the same room. The guy who was at the table the day before recruiting was also the one interviewing so it was easing to know I had already met him. He was also an alumni of the school so we had other things to talk about besides company-related content.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about yourself beyond your resume", "When was a time you used persuasion skills to convince others to do something you wanted", "Leadership roles"   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hormel in January 2015.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me and set up a phone interview. That was all behavioral questions and lasted about 30 minutes. If further interview are wanted they'll contact you to schedule a visit at the corporate office in Austin,MN. This interview is a all day thing lasting about 6 hours with different different as well as an tour of the plant. Since I'm not as experienced I assumed they asked me all behavioral questions as well. Everyone is SUPER friendly and shows GREAT hospitality. I felt very comfortable there. The decision process takes about 1-2 weeks.

Associate Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hormel (Austin, MN) in November 2014.

Interview

Saw the position on the school career website, so I applied for it. Got an email requesting for an interview right after the career fair.

On-campus interview: It was very relaxing. Mostly behavior questions, "tell me a time..." then provide an example and what you learn from it.

On-site interview: Took them a month to get back to me. Met with VP of IT department and 2 IT managers. Again, very relaxing. Interview focused on why the company, your classes, and future goal.

Received an offer letter a week later.

IT Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hormel (Austin, MN) in November 2014.

Interview

Initial communication was via email, then proceeded to an initial phone interview then in person interview with the heads of various IT departments. Everything was professional and to the point of what they were looking for and an overall very positive experience.

Assistant Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hormel.

Interview

Met with them at an on campus job fair and from there I received an interview. They only asked behavioral interview questions. From there I fully applied for the job online and waited about 3 weeks to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you found a problem that wasn't your responsibility, and how did you address the problem?   Answer Question

Quality and Process Control Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hormel (Austin, MN).

Interview

After submitting an application online, contacted a few weeks later to do a phone screening. A week after that you are contacted to come to the corporate office for a day of interviewing, all expenses paid. You have 4-5 interviews including an informal lunch interview as well as a Plant tour. Everyone was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• They ask all behavioral type questions that can be answered by the STAR technique. They focus questions on leadership and experience.   Answer Question