Hormel Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

2.9

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hormel (Austin, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

Got back to me after a few weeks of applying. Once I received a phone call the process was quick. Very friendly staff of HR members. Made me feel as if I was apart of the hormel family.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Associate Production Supervisor Interview

Application

Interview

Applied online contact one month later. I received an email asking for to schedule phone interview. About one week later, I had a 30 minute phone interview with a recruiter from Austin, MN. During the interview I was asked standard questions Tell me about a time when?????...Questions. Also, we talked about my education, work experience, and also why Hormel. Make sure you research the company. I was told if selected I would be invited to Hormel Corporate office for interview. About one week later, HR reached out to me and said I made it to the next round. My Flight, Car rental, and Hotel was paid for by Hormel. About two week after my phone interview I arrived in Austin, MN Hormel corporate headquarters. Very Friendly Company, people made me feel welcome. During this day I interview/ talked with six people, Department, Plant staff, and Directors of Hormel. Great interview, the plant tour was nice also, make sure to ask questions during interview. About three business day later I received a call with an offer. The entire process from start to finish took 4 weeks. Great Salary, and benefits. I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why Hormel? Tell me about your leadership style? How would you handle this situation?...... Are you ok working with union employees?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hormel (Austin, MN).

Interview

After going through a phone interview, and one on one interview - The final interview was at the Corporate office in Austin, MN. The interview lasted about half a day. I met with 5-7 different people, one on one at a time. Each manager/director/ VP was from a different department or background.

Associate Maintenance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hormel.

Interview

Applied on campus first. Then a phone interview. The first interviewer during the onsite interview was late. Then I had to drive to three separate locations. Then the rejection letter didn't have the position I interviewed for on it.

Associate Maintenance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hormel.

Interview

I applied online after talking to the campus recruiter. Then I had a phone interview a two weeks after my on campus interview. After the phone interview I was flown out to their headquarters for the onsite interview. The process seemed a bit rushed.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hormel (Austin, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

I met with an HR representative at a college career fair where we scheduled an on campus interview. This first interview was very informal; however, there were a few structured questions. A few days later I received an email to schedule a phone interview. I talked with the HR representative from the career fair booth for approximately thirty minutes. This was much more structured than the previous interview. Finally, I was invited to spend a day at their corporate office for a third interview. This process was more of a 'get to know you' type interview. I spoke with three different Hormel employees where they really helped me understand what it takes to be successful with Hormel. Overall, I was very pleased with the entire process and felt they took my candidacy very seriously.

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hormel (Austin, MN).

Interview

Met recruiter at Job Fair in college. Traveled to Corp Headquarters in Austin, Mn. for job interview. Interview was easy, The interviewers put on their best face. Would have preferred to visit with normal production supervisors to get their input and views about working at Hormel. Maybe the picture painted by the interviewer would be different than the actual details given.

Interview Questions

• Past achievements. If I was willing to re-locate. Personal history...single, married, etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hormel.

Interview

College recruiter interview process happened on campus the next day after the career fair. Pretty informal setting--a bunch of other companies interviewing at the same time in the same room. The guy who was at the table the day before recruiting was also the one interviewing so it was easing to know I had already met him. He was also an alumni of the school so we had other things to talk about besides company-related content.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about yourself beyond your resume", "When was a time you used persuasion skills to convince others to do something you wanted", "Leadership roles"   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hormel in January 2015.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me and set up a phone interview. That was all behavioral questions and lasted about 30 minutes. If further interview are wanted they'll contact you to schedule a visit at the corporate office in Austin,MN. This interview is a all day thing lasting about 6 hours with different different as well as an tour of the plant. Since I'm not as experienced I assumed they asked me all behavioral questions as well. Everyone is SUPER friendly and shows GREAT hospitality. I felt very comfortable there. The decision process takes about 1-2 weeks.

Associate Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hormel (Austin, MN) in November 2014.

Interview

Saw the position on the school career website, so I applied for it. Got an email requesting for an interview right after the career fair. On-campus interview: It was very relaxing. Mostly behavior questions, "tell me a time..." then provide an example and what you learn from it. On-site interview: Took them a month to get back to me. Met with VP of IT department and 2 IT managers. Again, very relaxing. Interview focused on why the company, your classes, and future goal. Received an offer letter a week later.