Hormel Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Administrative/Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Hormel in July 2010.

Detailed went as follow- The agency had me take a number of MS office Suite test, Excel, Typing and personality test. I then interview with the agency. Once my background check was processed, I interviewed later that week with a Hormel Area Manager. By the end of the week I received a offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • What can I offer the company with out knowing anything about the flow.   View Answer
    Yes I did receive an offer letter yes the salaries was negotiated.

Help Desk Technician Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hormel in January 2014.

They were pretty good, they explained the whole interview process at the beginning, had you fill out all of the necessary paper work. Then once you clear all the background checks and reference checks, they invite you in for a 1 on 1 with an HR person, then if you pass that interview, they have you interview with the department manager.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do if someone is angry or rude   View Answer
    There wasn't really any negotiating.

CPS Sales Representative Interview

Be prepared for stock questions, but give detailed examples of what you did in order to be sucessfull.
    Tell me a time where you had to deal with some sort of conflict.
    Give an example where you were able to influence someone.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very basic, but your answeres determine the outcome (of course). It helps if you have people within the company that can put a good word in for you.   Answer Question
    None, their offer is basically final.

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, MN

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Hormel in March 2012.

Great Interview process! They take you on a tour that will allow ypu to learn plenty about the company. The Whole process takes about 6 hours and is a bit too long.

Interview Questions
    • What issues do you see facing the food industry in the next 5 years?   Answer Question
    real simple process.

Foodservice Sales Representative Interview

Met them at a college career fair. Set up an interview the next day. Lasted about 30 min. Received an email about a week later asking for a phone interview. Last about 30 min. Got an email week later offering a trip to headquarters in Minnesota all expenses paid.

Sales Trainee Interview

Great first interview for the company to get an idea of who I was and my work philosophy

Food Service Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, MN

interviewed at Hormel in January 2012.

You meet with a mix of VPs and manager who all ask you similar questions. I actually sat down with the Group Vice President which was very impressive. The company is very intimate when it comes to hiring its employees. They definitely have a company culture. You have lunch with the National Sales Manager as well.

Interview Questions
    • They asked typical interview questions that you can answer with the STAR technique.   Answer Question

Shipping Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Hormel.

First got an email to schedule an interview (about 2 weeks after application sent). Interview was over the phone. Started off with basic employment questions (i.e. Do you have the right to work in the U.S.?) Then got into more job and personality questions.

Interview Questions
    • Overall the interview was easy. The hardest question was "give an example of a time when you went above and beyond your normal duties?"   Answer Question

Consumer Products Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, MN

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hormel in November 2013.

Real quick. Applied had a phone interview 3 days later was in Austin within two weeks for onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty common behavioral based questions.   View Answer

Warehouse Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  North Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in North Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hormel.

I was called for interview after I had called their HR department (Atlanta) several times. I was scheduled to have interview with the warehouse/factory supervisor.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult about the interview. He told me to go and promised to call me later, but he never called me.   Answer Question

Worked for Hormel? Contribute to the Community!