Hornbeck Offshore

Updated Oct 8, 2014

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hornbeck Offshore

Shoreside Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hornbeck Offshore.

I was called in for an interview about a month after applying.
    The interview took about 2 hours total.
    I was called back to take a skills test two weeks later.
    That process was simple.
    2 weeks later I was called in for a second interview and made an offer. Then was directed to take a drug screening and background check.

AB SEAMAN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, LA

I applied online – interviewed at Hornbeck Offshore in December 2013.

Easy. Skype interview first. Than I paid my own way to New Orleans. They covered my taxi and hotel room for one night. When I arrived in New Orleans I waited around in the airport because they never called to authorize a taxi to pick me up. The next day completed my interview and took a physical. My physical took to long I than missed my flight home. They said I would have plenty of time when I sent my itinerary to them. They would not cover my hotel room that night. Very expensive hiring process on your end. Really think it through. At the time it was a good move for me, I have since moved on.

Interview Questions
    They really build the job up. Make sure you ask a lot of questions. I recommend if they promise you anything you get it in writing.

OICNW Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Hornbeck Offshore in October 2013.

Contacted the office and they set up a skype interview. After the interview and they offered me the job contingent on a physical so I flew to NOLA conducted the physical and signed on. 1 week later I started the new hire orientation for a week before going to one of there vessels in fourchon

I did not negotiate

Mate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, LA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hornbeck Offshore.

I sent my resume to an operations manager suggested by a previous coworker. After weeks of multiple calls and emails I received a call. This was during a heavy hiring period for the company. A few months later I was offered an interview. I traveled to Louisiana and was picked up from the airport and driven directly to the interview. I was dressed in business attire while others waiting for an interview were in old jeans and a T.
    The office personnel were profession as far as a boat company goes. I waited for hours as people moved about in the office and then they took lunch. The interview consisted of speaking with a few different people such as ops coordinators and a recruiter.
    They basically vaguely chatted about general operations of the boats. Then proceeded to inquire about my experience.
    Then after sitting for another hour or so i produced my credentials and was given an offer.
    The next day I took a drug test and a physical. Testing lifting, carrying, and squeeze strength, cardio performance and the typical touch your toes.
    I then fly home and waited for a few weeks for physical and drug test results.
    Then two more months to be placed in a 4 day new hire orientation.
    The orientation was given by heads of departments to give you an overview of the companies operations. very well given and motivating.
    At the end of the orientation we were assigned to vessels and given safety and work wear.
    Some went directly to vessels, some to training, some home til their rotation crew change.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a personnel issue you have dealt with and how you handled it?   View Answer
    No negotiation. Simply offered and I took it to get foot in the door. They have base pay for positions and licenses held. a 1600T masters license will possibly bring you an extra $25 or $50. An Unlimited license brings nothing in addition as I understand it.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, LA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hornbeck Offshore in April 2013.

I applied by using the online application tool. Management contacted me within 2 weeks and scheduled an interview. I interviewed with 2 managers face-to-face. It felt like a very casual atmosphere. We discussed the company, the position they were hiring for and my previous experience. We also talked about my personal goals and how I would fit at the company. After the first interview, I spoke to their supervisor over the phone a week later. Another week later, I came in for an interview with the CFO. Finally, 1 more week later, they offered me the position. I felt like the process dragged on a bit too long, but it is their prerogative to make sure they are hiring the right person.

Interview Questions
    Very straight forward. They asked me what my salary expectations were, I gave them a range. They offered the middle of that range as base salary and added a very competitive bonus structure which I accepted immediately.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, LA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hornbeck Offshore in September 2008.

You have to submit your application on line first. You pay your way to the office in Covington, LA for the interview.