Hornbeck Offshore

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mate Interview

Covington, LA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hornbeck Offshore.

Interview Details – I sent my resume to an operations manager suggested by a previous coworker. After weeks of multiple calls and emails I received a call. This was during a heavy hiring period for the company. A few months later I was offered an interview. I traveled to Louisiana and was picked up from the airport and driven directly to the interview. I was dressed in business attire while others waiting for an interview were in old jeans and a T.
The office personnel were profession as far as a boat company goes. I waited for hours as people moved about in the office and then they took lunch. The interview consisted of speaking with a few different people such as ops coordinators and a recruiter.
They basically vaguely chatted about general operations of the boats. Then proceeded to inquire about my experience.
Then after sitting for another hour or so i produced my credentials and was given an offer.
The next day I took a drug test and a physical. Testing lifting, carrying, and squeeze strength, cardio performance and the typical touch your toes.
I then fly home and waited for a few weeks for physical and drug test results.
Then two more months to be placed in a 4 day new hire orientation.
The orientation was given by heads of departments to give you an overview of the companies operations. very well given and motivating.
At the end of the orientation we were assigned to vessels and given safety and work wear.
Some went directly to vessels, some to training, some home til their rotation crew change.

Interview Question – Describe a personnel issue you have dealt with and how you handled it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Simply offered and I took it to get foot in the door. They have base pay for positions and licenses held. a 1600T masters license will possibly bring you an extra $25 or $50. An Unlimited license brings nothing in addition as I understand it.

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant
Covington, LA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hornbeck Offshore in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied by using the online application tool. Management contacted me within 2 weeks and scheduled an interview. I interviewed with 2 managers face-to-face. It felt like a very casual atmosphere. We discussed the company, the position they were hiring for and my previous experience. We also talked about my personal goals and how I would fit at the company. After the first interview, I spoke to their supervisor over the phone a week later. Another week later, I came in for an interview with the CFO. Finally, 1 more week later, they offered me the position. I felt like the process dragged on a bit too long, but it is their prerogative to make sure they are hiring the right person.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very straight forward. They asked me what my salary expectations were, I gave them a range. They offered the middle of that range as base salary and added a very competitive bonus structure which I accepted immediately.

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Covington, LA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hornbeck Offshore in September 2008.

Interview Details – You have to submit your application on line first. You pay your way to the office in Covington, LA for the interview.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Hornbeck Offshore? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hornbeck Offshore interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hornbeck Offshore employees and interview candidates.