Hornblower Cruises and Events

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

First Officer Interview

First Officer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hornblower Cruises and Events.

Interview Details – Saw ad posted via Craiglist and applied online via Taleo. Got an email back in about 5 minutes.

I followed up for 2-3 weeks and eventually was scheduled for an interview.

Arrived, was asked general questions about my experience and expectations. I received an offer several days later.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions, so long as you know what you are doing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Bartender Interview

Bartender
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hornblower Cruises and Events in March 2014.

Interview Details – Talked to the reps of the company at a college job fair, left my resume. Got a call a few days later inviting me to the open house. Went there (it was held on one of their boats), spoke to the hiring manager who asked me a few questions about where I was previously employed and wether it was a fast-pawed environment or no. Then a simplest question of how to make a Cosmopolitan and Long Island Iced Tea.
Then she said she'll give me a chance.

Negotiation Details – No

Wedding Sales Manager Interview

Wedding Sales Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Hornblower Cruises and Events in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through simplyhired.com. Had an initial phone interview with their outside sales rep, who was very nice. Was told I would have an in-person interview with the Director of Sales, but when I arrived for my interview the receptionist could not locate her. Finally, the assistant director of sales came down and said that the Director of Sales "had something come up last-minute and could not meet with me." I knew this was an ominous sign - that she didn't think enough of me to be at the interview. I found the interview rather tense and I felt overdressed. It didn't feel good that the person I was supposed to interview with was not there.

Interview Question – How do you plan on making the transition from doing sales for your own business to working in a sales office?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Call Center Agent Interview

Call Center Agent
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Hornblower Cruises and Events.

Interview Details – I was desperately ill as I waited in the main office till my interview. As the boat rocked on I can't remember anything but, that I was so sick. After many days of watching employees be eliminated, I was still there in the end. I did get use to the rocking of the boat after a couple of weeks.

Negotiation Details – I worked there about a half of year befor they hired me on permanently.

Worked for Hornblower Cruises and Events? Contribute to the Community!