Hornblower Cruises and Events Interview Questions

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hornblower Cruises and Events

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hornblower Cruises and Events (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Very easy interview. I guess they have not many people applying. Not professional at all. Dressed professionally but not necessary. Employee handbook doesn't match what upper management strive for. It seems that they don't care following the rules written by them.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult at all. I had questions similar to this one. Are you getting sea sick being on a boat?   Answer Question

Expected a lot for not enough pay.

First Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hornblower Cruises and Events.

Interview

Saw ad posted via Craiglist and applied online via Taleo. Got an email back in about 5 minutes. I followed up for 2-3 weeks and eventually was scheduled for an interview. Arrived, was asked general questions about my experience and expectations. I received an offer several days later.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions, so long as you know what you are doing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hornblower Cruises and Events (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Talked to the reps of the company at a college job fair, left my resume. Got a call a few days later inviting me to the open house. Went there (it was held on one of their boats), spoke to the hiring manager who asked me a few questions about where I was previously employed and wether it was a fast-pawed environment or no. Then a simplest question of how to make a Cosmopolitan and Long Island Iced Tea. Then she said she'll give me a chance.

Guest Service Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hornblower Cruises and Events (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I was emailed by a girl to set up an interview. I went in on the assigned day and was asked a few simple questions. Actually it was more like a presentation they were trying to sell me on. I listened and was asked to go home and wait. Got the job in two weeks and went in to "meet" for an hour and sign our contracts.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hornblower Cruises and Events (San Francisco, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy. 4 interviews, group interviews and a action plan was required. All that for the lowest pay they can legally pay a salaried employee. After months of phone calls and interviews I also was drug tested and out through a background check. And once hired some major paperwork. All this and on my first day I didn't have a desk or computer or phone.

Call Center Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Hornblower Cruises and Events (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was desperately ill as I waited in the main office till my interview. As the boat rocked on I can't remember anything but, that I was so sick. After many days of watching employees be eliminated, I was still there in the end. I did get use to the rocking of the boat after a couple of weeks.

Negotiation

I worked there about a half of year befor they hired me on permanently.

Wedding Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hornblower Cruises and Events (San Francisco, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online through simplyhired.com. Had an initial phone interview with their outside sales rep, who was very nice. Was told I would have an in-person interview with the Director of Sales, but when I arrived for my interview the receptionist could not locate her. Finally, the assistant director of sales came down and said that the Director of Sales "had something come up last-minute and could not meet with me." I knew this was an ominous sign - that she didn't think enough of me to be at the interview. I found the interview rather tense and I felt overdressed. It didn't feel good that the person I was supposed to interview with was not there.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan on making the transition from doing sales for your own business to working in a sales office?   Answer Question