Hornblower Cruises and Events

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hornblower Cruises and Events

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hornblower Cruises and Events.

Very easy interview. I guess they have not many people applying. Not professional at all. Dressed professionally but not necessary. Employee handbook doesn't match what upper management strive for. It seems that they don't care following the rules written by them.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult at all. I had questions similar to this one. Are you getting sea sick being on a boat?   Answer Question

Expected a lot for not enough pay.

Call Center Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Hornblower Cruises and Events.

I was desperately ill as I waited in the main office till my interview. As the boat rocked on I can't remember anything but, that I was so sick. After many days of watching employees be eliminated, I was still there in the end. I did get use to the rocking of the boat after a couple of weeks.

I worked there about a half of year befor they hired me on permanently.

Wedding Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Hornblower Cruises and Events in March 2013.

Applied online through simplyhired.com. Had an initial phone interview with their outside sales rep, who was very nice. Was told I would have an in-person interview with the Director of Sales, but when I arrived for my interview the receptionist could not locate her. Finally, the assistant director of sales came down and said that the Director of Sales "had something come up last-minute and could not meet with me." I knew this was an ominous sign - that she didn't think enough of me to be at the interview. I found the interview rather tense and I felt overdressed. It didn't feel good that the person I was supposed to interview with was not there.

Interview Questions
    • How do you plan on making the transition from doing sales for your own business to working in a sales office?   Answer Question