Hospira

Updated Jan 26, 2015
Updated Jan 26, 2015

2.7

Technical Professional Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hospira.

Got an interview through recruiter at college career fair. They were mainly looking for people with GPA above 3.5 and seemed willing to give everyone who met that criteria an interview. The interview was all behavioral questions aimed at evaluating your interests and capacity to work in a team.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you had a deliverable deadline soon but could not get a hold of your teammate?   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hospira.

Went through a staffing company and did a phone interview. Questions were pretty typical and not very hard. The others hired with me said they had to interview with multiple people and it was a bit more difficult.

There was none

Scheduler/Planner Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hospira.

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter. I initially had a normal phone screen (involving basic hr related questions), then an on-site interview. Was interviewed by two Managers, a Director and a HR manager. Interview was one on one with every person and lasted for about 3 hours. The whole process from job application to recruiter's call was around 2 weeks. The whole interview process was very quick and I got my result within three days of my on-site interview at Hospira.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not very difficult. Expected questions related to Scheduling/Planning/Inventory Management were asked. Anyone with a specialization in Supply Chain Management should be able to answer.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hospira.

I got contacted by the Hiring Manager through LinkedIn, which was a stroke of luck really. I networked with him a year prior to this at a local event, and we connected on LinkedIn immediately after. Goes to show that networking is the best way to let employers know of your availability and ability.

The interviews were straightforward. As expected, mostly behavioral, but you should expect to be asked about the company, the products, the group, and everything on your resume

Interview Questions
    • Asked to explain the Design Control process as outlined by the FDA in 21 CFR 820.30. Simple logic-based questions centered on what your understanding of the process is. Be prepared to know what Verification and Validation means. The HR interview was actually the hardest part. I was asked about Organizational Silos, how I would handle high tempers and tensions within the organization. Asked how i would handle poor communication within the organization; all in addition to the standard questions about strengths, weaknesses, etc.   View Answer
    HR asked for previous salary. I quoted what I wanted (I overquoted and stated the upper limit of what Glassdoor says). Got the median salary for this position. I think HR can definitely be negotiated with. They didn't say anything negative when I gave my quote

Technical Professional Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hospira in December 2014.

Second round/Final Interview:

They brought half of the final candidates (4) on site and plan on bringing the other 4 next month. We started out with catered lunch and met with the 8 on site leadership team. After lunch we had a quick presentation about what the company was about and what specifically the Boulder, CO site was all about. We then went on a tour and viewed all of their facilities. Final the interview process consisted of four thirty minuet interviews with the leadership team. There were two leadership team members per interview.

Technical Lead Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hospira in September 2014.

Initial Phone interview with Director of Program Office. After a short interview, the Director approached someone from my current employer, without my permission, to inquire about me. I had to find out through my current employer and I was shocked as such unprofessional behavior. I removed myself from consideration for the position after this event.

Interview Questions
    • It was the fact that the interviewer didn't ask for permission to contact my current employer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hospira in August 2014.

The hiring and interview process was very interesting and much different than the normal. The entire interview process and job briefing was online. Jennifer was very nice and gave very detailed information to describe the world. The overall interview was smooth and the flow of the questions was good.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was during the end and it was "So what if you are ineligible for the position. What will you do?   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hospira.

process started building an online profile for the open position, then it was followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager and the last interview, one on one with different people across the organization.

Interview Questions
    • dont remember, but questions were the typicsl questions during an interview.   Answer Question
    there were a couple of things that i negotitted.

QC Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Hospira.

Interview process is very informal which makes it a little more relaxing. Management is very friendly and will answer any questions or concerns you may have. For the most part the questions are more personality based more than knowledge based. I recommend to be positive and upbeat, and don't seem like a know it all.

Interview Questions
    • What can you contribute to lab that someone else can't   View Answer

Technical Professional Development Program Interview

Initially was interviewed after speaking with company representatives at a career fair. Then completed a second interview and plant tour in McPherson. The interview in McPherson was with three separate individuals, two of whom were current TPDP's and one of whom was in upper management. Speaking with the TPDP's was very helpful.

Interview Questions
    • After completing the plant tour and answering all of the questions of the interviewers, I just wish I had prepared more of my own questions.   Answer Question