Hospital Corporation of America

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in March 2009.

I was submitted by a local employment agency as a contractor. They set up the interview. HCA is very well organized as it is a very large organization supporting over 150,000 people across the country. The atmosphere is very friendly and professional, but somewhat rigid due to its bureaucratic nature. I could tell when I arrived for the interview that the interviewer already wanted to hire me based on my experience and was basically hoping I didn't do or say anthing to blow it.

Interview Questions
  • What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time that you had to persuade other mangers to agree on a course of action.   Answer Question
I was able to negotiate a little. I knew they wanted to hire me above anyone else they were looking at so I used that to my advantage. I was able to get about $7,000 more than they were offering, but not near what I really wanted. This was due to the limitations of the payscale for the job description. The interviewer simply had no authority to go higher without changing the job title and responsibilities.

Other Interview Reviews for Hospital Corporation of America

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in October 2012.

3 hour interview, I spoke with 7 people total including my future manager, another peer manager f and their VP, 2 Senior BAs and 2 Consulting BAs.

Be prepared to define what you think a Business Analyst is.

They also did some testing to determine BA aptitute and case studies.

Interview Questions
    I felt the offer was more than fair, so I did not negotiate