Hospital Corporation of America

Updated Jan 18, 2015
Updated Jan 18, 2015

2.7

Food and Nutrition Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

Very smooth and quick interview process. Phone interview leaded to an in person interview with 2 days. In person interview was typical with typical questions from hiring manager. Was hired later next day.

N/A

Quality Assurance, Programmer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

First, I had to do a phone interview. Upon completion, I was interviewed for 2 openings; got to interview with 2 teams each for an hour, the interview was about; 1. My education and experience. 2. Some technical questions. 3. Some value questions, how well with team, what do I do in my free time, questions to get to know me as a person.

Interview Questions
    • Who was the best team you have ever worked with? And why they were the best?   Answer Question
    Negotiate about your job; sometimes there is a small line for your job to be an entry or medium level job, so try to make this clear during the interview. Based on what is expected from you in this job, you can do your negotiations.

Emergency Room RN Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

Applied online and did a telephone interview. Did initial interview with director over the phone then
    met again for second interview in person. At this time I did a panel interview with other staff nurses who asked me questions and I was able to ask them questions about the job. I then was called that afternoon and offered the position. Before starting I was required to complete a back ground screening, and physical screening (blood work and drug testing).

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with seeing a cow worker stealing medications from the pyxis?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a bonus for a 1 year contract.

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

It took about a week between each step of the process: hr appt, interview with manager on days, night shift peer interview, ect.
    I guess it took a while but some hospitals tale a lot longer!

I didn't negotiate

Associate Chief Operating Officer Interview

The job was posted in June and I was contacted at the beginning of August to conduct an interview at the end of the month. I feel that the interview went well and they stated that they would contact me in two weeks with the possibility of a second interview.

Vice President for Quality Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in September 2014.

First I had a 1 hour phone interview with Sr. Executive, second had to drive 4 hours to the Capital Division office to meet with Sr. Leadership, third, had an all day interview (8-5) at the facility- met with numerous people there, Sr. Leadership and staff. This was a serious investment of time, resources and energy.

Interview Questions
    • Several people asked me for an answer to a question that there literally is no known answer for. They said: we don't know the answer, we want someone who can tell us. When I came up with an out of the box answer, they were speechless.   View Answer

Director IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gulfport, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gulfport, MS

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in August 2014.

After having my initial interview via the phone, I was scheduled to meet the existing Director and CIO. I received a call as scheduled but with just the Director. We had an excellent interview and it went so well the Director stated he would recommend they I get scheduled for the panel interview with the Gulf Port leadership as well as the IT leadership. Some time went by and then I got an email stating I wasn't being considered any longer. I emailed the HR rep stating how disappointed I was, She returned the email saying that my salary requirements were out of line which I had already mentioned it was within the range - a non-issue. She said she was going to look further into it and I'm still waiting for a reply.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in August 2014.

The interview process went smoothly. HR Recruiter was very friendly and quick with communications about the process. The hiring manager gave precise timelines as to when I would hear back from HR for the next step(s) in the interviewing process.

Interview Questions
    • What legacy would you leave for your current employer?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in August 2014.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for this company and this industry?   View Answer

Project Manager Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

Initial phone interview of 10 minutes. Then was scheduled for an onsite interview within the next week. Onsite interview with 3 different groups of 2 people(30 minutes each).

Interview Questions
    • Some of the questions were repetitive. Very experience/example based. What did you do when.. Give us an example of a time when you had a disagreement with a coworker. How did you hand a situation when... What are you greatest strengths/weaknesses..   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. I am not sure if that was an option.