Hospital Corporation of America Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.6

Online Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Nashville, TN).

Interview

The process required four separate interviews starting with calls, then finalizing with a flight to meet the team: 1) With recruiting individual - Basic screening questions 2) With HR person - Questions were still general 3) With Hiring manager - Detailed tech questions and hypothetical scenarios 4) With Divisional team - This was a panel interview to see if my personality would fit the culture of the rest of the group

Interview Questions

• What one change has been the single-most effective process for you to implement in a past marketing role? Describe how the employees responded to this change.   Answer Question

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

Interview

I was currently employed so this was transitioning to next role. Most of the waiting was due to them verifying my licensure and education level. Other than that, it was not a difficult process.

Interview Questions

• What my education taught me?   1 Answer

Pre Operative Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Telephone, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Absolutely ridiculous, there was a talking robot who must of mentioned the hiring manager on every third word with no medical background firing questions down the telephone, to then be told that the hiring manager a nurse I presume may interview you. I recently received an email to say that the hiring manager will not be interviewing me, because I have had a few roles in the past. Had they interviewed me I would be able to explain that over the recent years I have had care commitments to family members and previously had an injury and that I am an extremely competant and experienced nurse who never let's the team down. The robot was then talking about the wonderful perks of working for HCA, when she had emailed this to me, it was all about the money I could spend with my not so great salary to put back into HCA, yes they pay you peanuts then want you to pay that money back into the company with life insurance etc. My best advice to any nurses out there be cautious as this company appears to have a very high turnover of staff which with experience is a very bad sign. It also appears that their sick pay is the bare minimal, nor that anyone plans to go off sick yet it gives a person peace of mind to know it is there if needed. Hiring managers need to also remember interviews are a two way process for the employer and employee.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

Emailed by recruiter then setup date to speak with hiring manager. Once I interviewed then I was contacted by recruiter with an offer. Background check and drug test took about two weeks.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Hiring and interview process was standard. Quick and easy. First interview was one on one with a manager. The 2nd interview was with all the CFOs. It was very routine. No situational nor characterization questions. Just a normal interview/conversation. Very laid back.

Graduate Nurse Residency Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I had a phone call screen first. Then I got a call back the next week and they asked me more questions. It was during the second phone screening that they invited me for a panel interview on site. I showed up in HR and had a written test and paperwork to fill out.

Collection Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange Park, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Orange Park, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

About 10 mins long; basic interview questions.asked to grade myself on Microsoft Office products. Asked what inspires me and if I could work holidays and weekends. Asked how to make a pivot table.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a production-based environment?   Answer Question

Practice Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Nashville, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview went well. I interviewed with the Area Practice Manager. Questions were reasonable. Interviewer was engaging. I had great questions. I left the interview feeling confident that I answered all questions to the best of my ability.

Interview Questions

• What will I bring to the company?   1 Answer

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Jackson, MS) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with the DON and ADON. They said they would call within the week to give an answer. Received a call the same day with an offer. There was a long wait for the actual start date, >30 days. Orientation was 40 hours. It was very cold, bring a jacket even in the summer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Specialty?   1 Answer

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

Interview

It was more a casual conversation, which was nice. Interviews, especially in person, can be incredibly uncomfortable. Turning an office into a relaxing environment where a discussion can be had is a great way to approach interviews. I also had the advantage of having done multiple clinical at this organization in nursing school and was able to make some key contacts in the process.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer