Hospital Corporation of America

Updated Oct 27, 2014
Updated Oct 27, 2014

2.7

Associate Chief Operating Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

The job was posted in June and I was contacted at the beginning of August to conduct an interview at the end of the month. I feel that the interview went well and they stated that they would contact me in two weeks with the possibility of a second interview.

Vice President for Quality Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in September 2014.

First I had a 1 hour phone interview with Sr. Executive, second had to drive 4 hours to the Capital Division office to meet with Sr. Leadership, third, had an all day interview (8-5) at the facility- met with numerous people there, Sr. Leadership and staff. This was a serious investment of time, resources and energy.

Interview Questions
    • Several people asked me for an answer to a question that there literally is no known answer for. They said: we don't know the answer, we want someone who can tell us. When I came up with an out of the box answer, they were speechless.   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in August 2014.

The interview process went smoothly. HR Recruiter was very friendly and quick with communications about the process. The hiring manager gave precise timelines as to when I would hear back from HR for the next step(s) in the interviewing process.

Interview Questions
    • What legacy would you leave for your current employer?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in August 2014.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for this company and this industry?   View Answer

Director IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gulfport, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gulfport, MS

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in August 2014.

After having my initial interview via the phone, I was scheduled to meet the existing Director and CIO. I received a call as scheduled but with just the Director. We had an excellent interview and it went so well the Director stated he would recommend they I get scheduled for the panel interview with the Gulf Port leadership as well as the IT leadership. Some time went by and then I got an email stating I wasn't being considered any longer. I emailed the HR rep stating how disappointed I was, She returned the email saying that my salary requirements were out of line which I had already mentioned it was within the range - a non-issue. She said she was going to look further into it and I'm still waiting for a reply.

Project Manager Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

Initial phone interview of 10 minutes. Then was scheduled for an onsite interview within the next week. Onsite interview with 3 different groups of 2 people(30 minutes each).

Interview Questions
    • Some of the questions were repetitive. Very experience/example based. What did you do when.. Give us an example of a time when you had a disagreement with a coworker. How did you hand a situation when... What are you greatest strengths/weaknesses..   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. I am not sure if that was an option.

Unified Communications Engineer II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

The process consist of online app, recruiter calling, interview with that person, then Supervisor, then peer interview. There was two phone interviews, one interview with Supervisor/Peers. All parties were extremely professional and very easy going...The process was relaxing and had wonderful people.

No negotiation, I accepted

Medical Staff Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

The interviewer was very polite and open about the position. I had been reffered to this position by a peer I had met at a networking event, and had already heard good word about the company cluture and atmosphere. Provided a great job description and the role that I would be assuming.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was having to identify my biggest weakness.   Answer Question

I declined in order to accept another position I preferred with another organization.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in June 2014.

First, phone interviewed with the recruiter. In addition, I needed to complete one online behavior report before the second round interview. Then, I was interviewed with two managers for the second round. The conversation with those tow managers was pretty good.

Sonographer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

Apply online with first interview within 30 days. Then a second interview and background checks. Total hiring process took less than 60 days

Interview Questions
    • Explain the Bernoulli Equation and explain subclavian steal syndrome   View Answer
    HCA gives you a range and pays you according to experience. We are union in California.