Hospital Corporation of America Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2015

2.6

Mental Health Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Madison, TN).

Interview

Brief but thorough. I was asked questions about background, education, crisis management and self care. Fair questions and pleasant experience. I left feeling like I was on the same page as the hiring manager. I would recommend to a friend.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online, heard from the recruiter the same day. Interviewed with the Office Manager and Administrator 2 days later. Interview was almost 2 hours; most of it was them talking about things not related to the interview/position. They stressed longevity throughout and the fact they have rarely had to hire people.

Online Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Nashville, TN).

Interview

The process required four separate interviews starting with calls, then finalizing with a flight to meet the team: 1) With recruiting individual - Basic screening questions 2) With HR person - Questions were still general 3) With Hiring manager - Detailed tech questions and hypothetical scenarios 4) With Divisional team - This was a panel interview to see if my personality would fit the culture of the rest of the group

Interview Questions

• What one change has been the single-most effective process for you to implement in a past marketing role? Describe how the employees responded to this change.   Answer Question

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

Interview

I was currently employed so this was transitioning to next role. Most of the waiting was due to them verifying my licensure and education level. Other than that, it was not a difficult process.

Interview Questions

• What my education taught me?   1 Answer

Pre Operative Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Telephone, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Absolutely ridiculous, there was a talking robot who must of mentioned the hiring manager on every third word with no medical background firing questions down the telephone, to then be told that the hiring manager a nurse I presume may interview you. I recently received an email to say that the hiring manager will not be interviewing me, because I have had a few roles in the past. Had they interviewed me I would be able to explain that over the recent years I have had care commitments to family members and previously had an injury and that I am an extremely competant and experienced nurse who never let's the team down. The robot was then talking about the wonderful perks of working for HCA, when she had emailed this to me, it was all about the money I could spend with my not so great salary to put back into HCA, yes they pay you peanuts then want you to pay that money back into the company with life insurance etc. My best advice to any nurses out there be cautious as this company appears to have a very high turnover of staff which with experience is a very bad sign. It also appears that their sick pay is the bare minimal, nor that anyone plans to go off sick yet it gives a person peace of mind to know it is there if needed. Hiring managers need to also remember interviews are a two way process for the employer and employee.

Kitchen Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Monroe, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

The upper management talked and I listened. They told me about the position and what they expected. The talked about the people that use the facility in a negative manner.

Interview Questions

• Where did you get your application from?   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

Emailed by recruiter then setup date to speak with hiring manager. Once I interviewed then I was contacted by recruiter with an offer. Background check and drug test took about two weeks.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Hiring and interview process was standard. Quick and easy. First interview was one on one with a manager. The 2nd interview was with all the CFOs. It was very routine. No situational nor characterization questions. Just a normal interview/conversation. Very laid back.

Practice Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Nashville, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview went well. I interviewed with the Area Practice Manager. Questions were reasonable. Interviewer was engaging. I had great questions. I left the interview feeling confident that I answered all questions to the best of my ability.

Interview Questions

• What will I bring to the company?   1 Answer

Collection Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange Park, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Orange Park, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

About 10 mins long; basic interview questions.asked to grade myself on Microsoft Office products. Asked what inspires me and if I could work holidays and weekends. Asked how to make a pivot table.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a production-based environment?   Answer Question