Hospital Corporation of America Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2015
Updated Mar 11, 2015

2.6

Staff RN Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

It was more a casual conversation, which was nice. Interviews, especially in person, can be incredibly uncomfortable. Turning an office into a relaxing environment where a discussion can be had is a great way to approach interviews. I also had the advantage of having done multiple clinical at this organization in nursing school and was able to make some key contacts in the process.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

It was unorganized and unprofessional. The hiring manager took a call during my interview and would text off and on. She was also chewing gum the entire time.

Patient Access Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

Seems like a very good company. The only reason i declined the job was the hours were not what i was looking for. My resume will be on file and reconsidered on another position .

Food and Nutrition Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

Very smooth and quick interview process. Phone interview leaded to an in person interview with 2 days. In person interview was typical with typical questions from hiring manager. Was hired later next day.

N/A

Content Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in January 2015.

I applied to the position online and had a very positive experience. I first spoke with a corporate recruiter during a phone screen. Shortly after, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Both phone calls went well. The recruiter was very timely, organized, and friendly. She represented the company very well, and ensured that I had all of the information I needed about the position and the organization. Throughout the interview process, she was my main point of contact. When I interviewed with the hiring manager, I found him to be very friendly, direct, and open about what the position would entail. He represented the company very well. After speaking with him, I felt that I would be a good fit for the position - and I also found that his team has a great opportunity to make a positive impact at the company. It was definitely an exciting experience (and nerve wracking, like any interview).

After the phone screen with the corp. recruiter and the phone interview with the hiring manager, I was then invited to meet and interview with the team in Nashville. As I'm not from the Nashville area, the corp. recruiter connected me with an assistant from corp. affairs and HR to schedule my in person interview and secure my flight and hotel arrangements. They were all wonderful and super professional.

And of course, for me, the most important aspect was meeting the people I would've been working with at HCA. In addition to meeting the Director, I also met a VP, an AVP, and the Social Media Strategist. The interview was consistent with the people I had met up to that point. They were all professional, friendly and laid back - very helpful for a nervous interviewee. I appreciated that very much.

The phone inquiry interview questions varied, much based on your resume/experience. During the main part of the interview, I feel that the type of interview questions they asked were situationally based. So, I recommend studying STARs (Situation Tasks Actions Results) for those who generally get nervous during interviews (as I do).

Additionally, I think if you're a good fit for the position, your experience will probably speak for itself - and you will be able to answer the questions naturally and with ease. Other than that, I feel that you should be yourself and prepare in advance so your nerves don't get the best of you. I think HCA is a great company, and if you are prepared, then you will set yourself up for success no matter what happens in the end. Good luck to future interviewees. I plan to apply to the organization again when a relevant position is open, and I recommend that others do, as well.

Quality Assurance, Programmer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

First, I had to do a phone interview. Upon completion, I was interviewed for 2 openings; got to interview with 2 teams each for an hour, the interview was about; 1. My education and experience. 2. Some technical questions. 3. Some value questions, how well with team, what do I do in my free time, questions to get to know me as a person.

Interview Questions
    • Who was the best team you have ever worked with? And why they were the best?   Answer Question
    Negotiate about your job; sometimes there is a small line for your job to be an entry or medium level job, so try to make this clear during the interview. Based on what is expected from you in this job, you can do your negotiations.

Emergency Room RN Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

Applied online and did a telephone interview. Did initial interview with director over the phone then
    met again for second interview in person. At this time I did a panel interview with other staff nurses who asked me questions and I was able to ask them questions about the job. I then was called that afternoon and offered the position. Before starting I was required to complete a back ground screening, and physical screening (blood work and drug testing).

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with seeing a cow worker stealing medications from the pyxis?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a bonus for a 1 year contract.

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

It took about a week between each step of the process: hr appt, interview with manager on days, night shift peer interview, ect.
    I guess it took a while but some hospitals tale a lot longer!

I didn't negotiate

Associate Chief Operating Officer Interview

The job was posted in June and I was contacted at the beginning of August to conduct an interview at the end of the month. I feel that the interview went well and they stated that they would contact me in two weeks with the possibility of a second interview.

Vice President for Quality Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in September 2014.

First I had a 1 hour phone interview with Sr. Executive, second had to drive 4 hours to the Capital Division office to meet with Sr. Leadership, third, had an all day interview (8-5) at the facility- met with numerous people there, Sr. Leadership and staff. This was a serious investment of time, resources and energy.

Interview Questions
    • Several people asked me for an answer to a question that there literally is no known answer for. They said: we don't know the answer, we want someone who can tell us. When I came up with an out of the box answer, they were speechless.   View Answer