Hospital Corporation of America

Updated Oct 27, 2014

2.7

Overpayment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in April 2014.

I submitted my application online and got an email about two weeks later. They asked to do a phone interview that day. The interview took about 20 minutes. I was not asked any hard questions. Mainly questions about where my career was going and why I wanted the position. Interviewer asked about my degree. Later that day I received a few more emails asking me to complete some skills and math tests online. I completed those that day and four days later received an offer. It took about 8 days for my background check and drug test to be completed and for them to give me a start date.

Interview Questions
    They offered me a certain amount and I accepted. There was no room for negotiation.

Clinical Appeals Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

Received a phone call to set up a time and date for interview. The interview was conducted by two team leads. They had a list of questions to ask, but made it feel like a natural conversation. After that, it was open for me to ask questions. The whole interview took 15 minutes at most. I was then taken to the HR office and did a simple skills test online. I was told they would make a decision within the week. Checked in a week later. I was told they were still interviewing, but was given no timeline to check in again. Noticed the position had been filled by looking at their job search site.

Prn Staff Interview

greatly facilitated by my immediate manager, had little to no contact with HR, who sent me a rejection letter the day before I was called for an interview, and my application was sent to the wrong facility

Staff Accountant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

Applied online, phone interview with HR , In person interview with the Controller

Interview Questions
    no negotiation, but I advise other to negotiate. HR will Low ball you so get what you are worth.

Operations Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

I submitted an application online and was called by the Regional Vice President. We talked for a couple of hours on the phone and met up the next couple of days for in in-office interview. I was offered the job during the interview and I accepted.

RN Case Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

Very quick and general. Director did most of the talking.

there was no negation.

Medical Biller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in January 2014.

The want ad only specified Medical Biller. I have 14+ years of medical billing experience. I loved the phone interview but they weren't very flexible about setting that up so I had to use my PTO to take off my current job to accommodate. I only applied for the biller position but they had me interview for that and a collections position, so I did a phone interview with both managers. It went so well, they asked me at the end of the interview to come the following week for part 2 of a 2 part interview process. I was surprised at how business casual they were there. I met with the 2 and their manager. Interview went great, they all said "great!" to my answers or nodded yes in agreement. And all they did was ask me a few of the questions they already asked me on the phone! I was told at the end of the interview they'd make a decision by the end of the week and they'd let me know and said "Oh, we won't leave you hanging". But they did. I called and emailed them and finally got a "Thanks but no thanks". Then they post on their facebook page how they are hiring and having a career fair and they are still hiring for a Medical Biller. But this time they specified they'd prefer physician experience. I wish they would have specified that to begin with and not have wasted my time.

Interview Questions
    • "What is customer service to you?" and "Do you consider yourself lucky?"   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in December 2013.

I have interviewed with 3 different HCA Facilities all over the U.S.. My interview experience ranged from "the worst" to "great communication" throughout the whole process. You Initially get a call from the recruiter at corporate assigned to your Territory. The first recruiter I worked with was WONDERFUL and a true professional, the other 2 came across very unprofessional and could not even share basic information on the positions. One of the recruiters failed to send me an itinerary (for an out of state interview) and also did not send one to the hiring manager so she had no idea what my game plan was for the day. The 3rd experience was the worst from a customer service standpoint. Even my accommodations were booked under the wrong 1st name. So my impression is that it is very hit and miss. It all depends on the recruiter and hiring managers preferences and level of professionalism.

Interview Questions
    • Basic Interview Questions, lots of "STAR" examples are needed.   Answer Question

Physician Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

The hiring process was very strategic and directed by the V.P. of sales. Her initiative was to match personality and training with each hospital. They looked for medical sales experience and working with physicians one on one.

Interview Questions
    • I guess the most difficult was being given different scenarios where the physician was unsatisfied and how we would approach resolving the issues. How independent we were and knowing when to get upper management involved.   Answer Question
    Very straight forward

Tech Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

I first applied online via HCA website (which is not very user friendly). Was contacted by recruiter and then met with Senior Tech and Division leader of that section. After the initial interview I was called back to have a peer or panel interview with random people from that section. Process takes some time to complete

Interview Questions
    • what was the hardest thing you have ever had to overcome in life?   Answer Question