Hospital Corporation of America

Hospital Corporation of America Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2015

2.7

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very positive. Everyone is very professional and friendly. The atmosphere of the whole organization was energetic. A recruiter contacted me and discussed the responsibilities and role of the position. We set up an interview time. Once I had the interview, the recruiter got back with me the same day and informed me that they would like to make an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Gainesville, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview entailed nurse manager and peer interview.
    First a recruiter calls and interviews over the phone. Then you get called in for a manager interview which is pretty basic. HCA uses a survey that supposedly hones in on your weaknesses; team player, energy, or customer service skills...

Interview Questions

• most peers questions were centered around willingness to stay in position and not leave   1 Answer

Quality Assurance, Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

Interview

First, I had to do a phone interview. Upon completion, I was interviewed for 2 openings; got to interview with 2 teams each for an hour, the interview was about; 1. My education and experience. 2. Some technical questions. 3. Some value questions, how well with team, what do I do in my free time, questions to get to know me as a person.

Interview Questions

• Who was the best team you have ever worked with? And why they were the best?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate about your job; sometimes there is a small line for your job to be an entry or medium level job, so try to make this clear during the interview. Based on what is expected from you in this job, you can do your negotiations.

Emergency Room RN Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

Interview

Applied online and did a telephone interview. Did initial interview with director over the phone then
    met again for second interview in person. At this time I did a panel interview with other staff nurses who asked me questions and I was able to ask them questions about the job. I then was called that afternoon and offered the position. Before starting I was required to complete a back ground screening, and physical screening (blood work and drug testing).

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with seeing a cow worker stealing medications from the pyxis?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a bonus for a 1 year contract.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

Interview

It took about a week between each step of the process: hr appt, interview with manager on days, night shift peer interview, ect.
    I guess it took a while but some hospitals tale a lot longer!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Physical Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (El Paso, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

Round table, With interview questions between all professions followed by a question-and-answer portion. Then the supervisor took me personally around the clinic and within the building to show me that unique attributes to working at that specific center.

Interview Questions

• Team work related, problem solving, conflict resolution, time management, organization   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Miami Beach, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (North Miami Beach, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

On-line application completed. One month later, asked to complete another application on-line. Management called after three months. Face-to-face interview with nurse manager. Contacted after two months to complete more forms on- line, given salary proposal. Drug tested, clearance by health office. Two day orientaion.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

Interview

The job was posted in June and I was contacted at the beginning of August to conduct an interview at the end of the month. I feel that the interview went well and they stated that they would contact me in two weeks with the possibility of a second interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in September 2014.

Interview

First I had a 1 hour phone interview with Sr. Executive, second had to drive 4 hours to the Capital Division office to meet with Sr. Leadership, third, had an all day interview (8-5) at the facility- met with numerous people there, Sr. Leadership and staff. This was a serious investment of time, resources and energy.

Interview Questions

• Several people asked me for an answer to a question that there literally is no known answer for. They said: we don't know the answer, we want someone who can tell us. When I came up with an out of the box answer, they were speechless.   1 Answer

Director IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gulfport, MS

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Gulfport, MS) in August 2014.

Interview

After having my initial interview via the phone, I was scheduled to meet the existing Director and CIO. I received a call as scheduled but with just the Director. We had an excellent interview and it went so well the Director stated he would recommend they I get scheduled for the panel interview with the Gulf Port leadership as well as the IT leadership. Some time went by and then I got an email stating I wasn't being considered any longer. I emailed the HR rep stating how disappointed I was, She returned the email saying that my salary requirements were out of line which I had already mentioned it was within the range - a non-issue. She said she was going to look further into it and I'm still waiting for a reply.